Sim Brothel v2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Raed
chocolatemouse
fred u derf
7 posters

Go down

2010.06.01 Empty 2010.06.01

Post  fred u derf June 1st 2010, 6:24 pm

Greetings!

Here is an update of the haXe (flash) prototype of version 2 of the game:

2010.06.01___hxSBv2.7zip

would appreciate any comments you might have about this prototype.

Here are the Release Notes for this version:

Spoiler:

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

Back to top Go down

2010.06.01 Empty Re: 2010.06.01

Post  chocolatemouse June 1st 2010, 7:49 pm

PURRRRRRRRR Razz

chocolatemouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Raed June 2nd 2010, 1:03 am

Great work, fred. Thank you for your continued effort. [=
Raed
Raed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou June 5th 2010, 10:35 pm

Sorry I am late.. but I just saw the post.. downloading now.. will let you know how it goes.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou June 5th 2010, 11:30 pm

It is working well... I like the graphics. The headshots need... REALLY need to be redone... I made them 80X 80 and you are displaying them 120X120... more or less. So the pics are grainy. But that is just stuff that needs to be taken care of by me.

It took me a bit to make money, but hey.. I learned. One thing is kinda weird. If 12 customers show up (I am using goddess mode, so I am getting many customers with low ads) and 2 girls are in the house, 10 of them will approach girl A and she services 6 and 10 customers approach girl B... and she services 3. I assume this means that, in the end, 10 guys actually decide to pay and 6 go with A and 3 go with B. You could just say 12 guys stop by the brothel. 10 decide to ask for service and 9 were served. A takes 6 of them. B takes 3 of them. (You don't have to use that wording... it was just fast draft... but that kind of concept may work better)
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou June 6th 2010, 1:23 am

A question... if you have a cat girl house... why do you get sex +4, rep +1, char +2, more gold, and more customers for level 4, but at level 5, you get sex +3, rep +1, char +1, more gold, more customers, and lower girl cost? it is actually better for stat raises to keep it at lvl 4. While paying less for the girls is good.... lvl 4 is more useful than lvl 5.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou June 6th 2010, 1:54 am

On the headshots... they are not 120X120... their size is determined by screen graphics... the question is what size pics can be used... because shrinking them down to 80X80 was hard on the graphics. If I were to make those shots at... 130X130, the drawings would be much cleaner... 150 may be even better...

Speaking of pics... this is not terribly important, but there were a few times when I saw some full shots (don't ask me where... but I think it was the pic of the manager for the house you get on left side of screen when a day is about to happen) where the actual glamor shot of the girl is distorted... I think it is... a square picture placed in a rectangular space... Know what I mean? There were also a few times when a girl who did not sleep with any customers, I forget her name, but she starts off with a 0 sex... looks like she is wearing an Eastern European peasant outfit... has her head cut off in the in the display.

I know this is all little crap, but just thought you would want to know, for future reference.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

2010.06.01 Empty Re; Loup Garou Comments regarding the 2010.06.01 Release of hxSBv2

Post  fred u derf June 6th 2010, 9:19 pm

Thanks for your comments!

Loup Garou wrote:
It is working well...

Thanks!

Loup Garou wrote:
I like the graphics.

Thanks but I did not generate any of the graphics, just sucked them up from previous C# versions.

Loup Garou wrote:
The headshots need... REALLY need to be redone... I made them 80X 80 and you are displaying them 120X120... more or less. So the pics are grainy. But that is just stuff that needs to be taken care of by me.

120x120 is unintentional, I tried to display all headshots in 80x80. Please point me to where you are seeing a 120x120 headshot.

And I thought I got the headshots from Blastburn, but I am probably just really confused.

Loup Garou wrote:
It took me a bit to make money, but hey.. I learned. One thing is kinda weird. If 12 customers show up (I am using goddess mode, so I am getting many customers with low ads) and 2 girls are in the house, 10 of them will approach girl A and she services 6 and 10 customers approach girl B... and she services 3. I assume this means that, in the end, 10 guys actually decide to pay and 6 go with A and 3 go with B. You could just say 12 guys stop by the brothel. 10 decide to ask for service and 9 were served. A takes 6 of them. B takes 3 of them. (You don't have to use that wording... it was just fast draft... but that kind of concept may work better)

Goddess mode is broken.

Building Style effects are broken.

I tried to say this in item C.04 of the release notes, sorry that I was unclear about that....

The report about 12 customers showing up and .....yadda yadda..... is puzzling. Particularly reporting that 10 customers approached both girls. I should have been something like "10 customers approached A, she serviced 6. 6 customers approached B, she serviced 3."

all 12 (or however many) customers that are reported at a building are willing to pay for a girl's service.

(it is more complicated that this but essentially:)
some number of them will approach the "Boss" girl, she might service some (or all) of them.
however many customers that came to the building but are un-serviced will approach the second girl, she might service some (or all) of them.
however many customers that came to the building but are un-serviced will approach the next girl, ....... and so on

so for your specific case I would have expected the results I indicated above.

Loup Garou wrote:
A question... if you have a cat girl house... why do you get sex +4, rep +1, char +2, more gold, and more customers for level 4, but at level 5, you get sex +3, rep +1, char +1, more gold, more customers, and lower girl cost? it is actually better for stat raises to keep it at lvl 4. While paying less for the girls is good.... lvl 4 is more useful than lvl 5.

Sorry, I tried to indicate in the Release Notes (item C.04), building styles are broken.

As it turns out Cat Girl is rather badly broken. Not only is the textual description not really progressively increasing in bonus, but also what the game actually does at each level is very different from that description.

Loup Garou wrote:
Speaking of pics... this is not terribly important, but there were a few times when I saw some full shots (don't ask me where... but I think it was the pic of the manager for the house you get on left side of screen when a day is about to happen) where the actual glamor shot of the girl is distorted... I think it is... a square picture placed in a rectangular space... Know what I mean? There were also a few times when a girl who did not sleep with any customers, I forget her name, but she starts off with a 0 sex... looks like she is wearing an Eastern European peasant outfit... has her head cut off in the in the display.

Sorry, I tried to indicate in item C.03 of the Release Notes that the sizes of the images are not perfect. Sorry that this bothered you.

Loup Garou wrote:
I know this is all little crap, but just thought you would want to know, for future reference.

No crap in any of your responses (so far ;-). Success of the game probably lies in the details. So comments like yours are extremely welcome.

Thanks!

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou June 6th 2010, 10:31 pm

Loup Garou wrote:
I like the graphics.

Thanks but I did not generate any of the graphics, just sucked them up from previous C# versions.

I just meant the over all display... much neater the the old set up.

Loup Garou wrote:
The headshots need... REALLY need to be redone... I made them 80X 80 and you are displaying them 120X120... more or less. So the pics are grainy. But that is just stuff that needs to be taken care of by me.

120x120 is unintentional, I tried to display all headshots in 80x80. Please point me to where you are seeing a 120x120 headshot.

When I was playing it, I had it running at full screen and my display is set at 1280X1024... so I was seeing 80X80 pics at 121X121 (that is how they measured). The graphics were not distorted by screen area. there was a half inch or so of blank area on the right side of the screen.

Goddess mode is broken.

Building Style effects are broken.

I tried to say this in item C.04 of the release notes, sorry that I was unclear about that....

my girls stats went up... so the style thing actually worked (with cat, I got a girl from a 0 sex to a 30 sex fairly quickly).

The report about 12 customers showing up and .....yadda yadda..... is puzzling. Particularly reporting that 10 customers approached both girls. I should have been something like "10 customers approached A, she serviced 6. 6 customers approached B, she serviced 3."

You should see the customer numbers when there is a big house (6 girls and 30 customers)... 8-)

all 12 (or however many) customers that are reported at a building are willing to pay for a girl's service.

(it is more complicated that this but essentially:)
some number of them will approach the "Boss" girl, she might service some (or all) of them.
however many customers that came to the building but are un-serviced will approach the second girl, she might service some (or all) of them.
however many customers that came to the building but are un-serviced will approach the next girl, ....... and so on

the numbers dance all over the place (30 walk in... 8 talk to this girl, 7 to that, 9 to another. The numbers asking adds up way above number of customers, but the actual tricks don't add high. I understand you description of who gets which tricks, but... it gets weird sometimes). And there are some girls who go above and beyond the call. There is one girl (I forget name, but I think she was a lolita... I am sure I could remember her if I looked) who was taking on and fucking 7 guys in a given day (she was the one who was fucking 6 of 10 in the second house with the goddess as her partner).

Sorry, I tried to indicate in item C.03 of the Release Notes that the sizes of the images are not perfect. Sorry that this bothered you.

Don't apologize... I am not bitchin'... I am just letting you know what I see. I know that this is basically a test run... and flaws were expected... my responses were nothing but feed-back. 8-)

Oh... one little note... Is it me? or are the guys in the first house shy as hell? The new girls I bring in... it takes forever to have a guy actually approach them. I drop their prices down really low (sometimes free for the first day...), 10 or so guys will show up at the house, and NONE of them will actually hire the girls. And this is after the house is established with other girls. I know that the girls will chicken out a bit for the first few days... rejecting customers. But the guys aren't even asking... It feels like that fifth grade dance. All the boys on one side of the room. All the girls on the other. And NO ONE dancing. (not a complaint... just an observation)
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

2010.06.01 Empty Dude

Post  Malcolmx July 6th 2010, 5:27 am

There are still people working on this great man I have been on the old forum seeing if there was anyone still around You guys should really post where the new forum is

Malcolmx

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua August 16th 2010, 11:34 am

my pc has craped out on me too so i cant test this yet, i might as well be trying to access this form from the white house, not that the chances of them finding out are very high, but still.

oh and fred the old source code has a encryptor/decrptor, however i dont know what your code looks like so i duno if it helps. (if it hasnt been removed you could probably look for my name to find it.)

Last edited by Joshua on September 9th 2010, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua September 9th 2010, 5:47 pm

well testing the game, i cant really find much changes, might be my memory, but i found that getting girls to work is a pain in the ass, even with 80+ obedience, what dose health do by the way?

and to get through the first 10 days, i had to abuse the quest part, in order to get girls, and gold to purchase buildings. (jokers too but thats more random.)

also minor question, iv been wondering about this for a while now, but do you think 'randomising' the girls would be a good idea or no? (bascially you get different girls each time you start the game, to for example help balance the overload of FE girls.)
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua September 10th 2010, 11:40 am

oh and hikari (pokemon dawn) still has typo in description.

and i found a massive, bug, when i closed the game a loaded it all my girls stats went down to 0, including the ones in the shop.

Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua September 17th 2010, 8:45 pm

any idea why the save messes up stats fred?
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  fred u derf September 19th 2010, 6:25 pm

I do not see the stats being zeroed.

But I did make a change to the save game format in an unreleased version back in June. So maybe I unknowingly fixed this at that time.

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua September 19th 2010, 7:31 pm

hmm weird, now it is not loading my saves, think since im using a 64 bit system it is doing anything?
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  fred u derf September 19th 2010, 8:51 pm

I would not think that a 64-bit system would make any difference.

The save file is just plain old ASCII text. You should be able view it with the Wordpad under Windows and/or any reasonable text editor.

Are you moving between computers? e.g. was the save file created somewhere and you are trying to load it from elsewhere? if so, maybe (but unlikely) there is a Flash Player version difference between the two.

If you are moving between computers, can you save and then load using just your 64-bit system?

Does the Flash Player complain about any security issues when creating / reading the local save file?

In the game itself, does the Tools->Journal show any interesting messages regarding the load error?

If you keep the Flash Player open but within the Flash Player you minimize the game window, are there any error messages shown behind where the game window was in the Flash Player? (i'm wondering if there are any Console messages from the Flash Player...)

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua September 19th 2010, 9:33 pm

fred u derf wrote:I would not think that a 64-bit system would make any difference.

The save file is just plain old ASCII text. You should be able view it with the Wordpad under Windows and/or any reasonable text editor.

Are you moving between computers? e.g. was the save file created somewhere and you are trying to load it from elsewhere? if so, maybe (but unlikely) there is a Flash Player version difference between the two.

If you are moving between computers, can you save and then load using just your 64-bit system?

Does the Flash Player complain about any security issues when creating / reading the local save file?

In the game itself, does the Tools->Journal show any interesting messages regarding the load error?

If you keep the Flash Player open but within the Flash Player you minimize the game window, are there any error messages shown behind where the game window was in the Flash Player? (i'm wondering if there are any Console messages from the Flash Player...)

in order, no i havent moved it between pcs, second, for some reason GOM player opens the file (too lazy to change it) and no security issues, (though my anti virus is constantly blocking ips dont think it should have any effect,) and no no error messages.
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  striker2521 January 16th 2011, 11:11 pm

can you repost the download causes it's just giving me a blank file every time i download this

striker2521

Back to top Go down

Post  fred u derf January 16th 2011, 11:36 pm

the rapidshare link included in the first message of this thread still works for me.... are you actually following all of the links in order to arrive at the rapidshare download page? (e.g. don't do any right-click save-as stuff)

if you are still experiencing problems please let me know the specific steps you are following in trying to download the file.

thanks
--FUD

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down