Sim Brothel v2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggesting Girls

+8
Dragopn
igeto
cerveza
alasdair69
Joshua
Fushi
Blastburn
Raed
12 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Suggesting Girls - Page 5 Empty Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Joshua May 19th 2010, 9:30 pm

ahem well, like i said befor mari ir rather new in evangelion,

ill try to keep things simple,

there is an anime and manga wich has one storyline, in which mari dose not exist. asuka and rei, are two girls who go to school like normal and fight angles from their evas when they have too.

in the series there is only about 17 or so angles (the exact number varies from anime to manga to rebuild series.) so it kinda hard to say, since the series is prone to have um 'time skips' between angle attacks. while they girls can fight in their school clothes, the plug suit helps them synch with the eva,

so im not sure what to say, stuff dose happen while they are at school and living normal life, and then the plug suit is for the eva piloting. im not really sure, though i dont think it makes a difference.

then there is the rebuild of evangelion movies, which is basically a reboot if you will, the first one is large the same as some of the first anime episodes, but evangelion 2.0 you can (not) advance, (it came out 2009, and the dvd version this May 26) changes the plot quite a bit, and is the first one to have mari, (so she so far is the newest addition to evangelion) and the 3.0 or 4.0 movies are not finished yet.
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 19th 2010, 11:22 pm

*sigh* I knew from the moment I bought the Platinum Collection that Evangelion was going to make my head hurt somehow. Not necessarily in relation to SimBrothel or anything, just ... because. That's probably why I stopped watching it after the first disc and went in search of lighter fare. Now I wish I'd gotten back to it eventually like I'd originally intended instead of getting sidetracked. Anyway, back on topic.

I personally don't really care whether the Evangelion girls are depicted in their school uniforms or their plugsuits (excepting for the fact that we've already got over a hundred School Girls and hardly any of anything else except Fighters, at this rate the whole Type system is going to come crashing down because it's so unbalanced) as long as all three are depicted the same way. If it were up to me I'd go with the plugsuits because it just seems to more accurately represent the point of the characters and the story, but whatever everyone else wants to do is fine with me.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 20th 2010, 2:14 pm

Joshua wrote:ahem well, like i said befor mari ir rather new in evangelion,

ill try to keep things simple,

there is an anime and manga wich has one storyline, in which mari dose not exist. asuka and rei, are two girls who go to school like normal and fight angles from their evas when they have too.

in the series there is only about 17 or so angles (the exact number varies from anime to manga to rebuild series.) so it kinda hard to say, since the series is prone to have um 'time skips' between angle attacks. while they girls can fight in their school clothes, the plug suit helps them synch with the eva,

so im not sure what to say, stuff dose happen while they are at school and living normal life, and then the plug suit is for the eva piloting. im not really sure, though i dont think it makes a difference.

then there is the rebuild of evangelion movies, which is basically a reboot if you will, the first one is large the same as some of the first anime episodes, but evangelion 2.0 you can (not) advance, (it came out 2009, and the dvd version this May 26) changes the plot quite a bit, and is the first one to have mari, (so she so far is the newest addition to evangelion) and the 3.0 or 4.0 movies are not finished yet.

Don't forget the My Steel Girlfriend dating sims. ; ) Speaking of Evangelion, I simply have to get Battle Orchestra one of these days, but that's way off topic.

Question, Alasdair. Some of the Traits say things like "such-and-such bonus each day." Does this mean that the girl is gaining points in the stat from the Trait, or that she's receiving a flat, unmarked bonus like with the Management and Theme abilities? In the case of it being the former, I was kinda thinking that ability-increasing Traits should simply add to the chances of her stats increasing as opposed to having a constant rate of gain every day, with some Traits providing higher bonuses to this chance than others. I wanted to know your thoughts on that idea.

alasdair69 wrote:excepting for the fact that we've already got over a hundred School Girls and hardly any of anything else except Fighters, at this rate the whole Type system is going to come crashing down because it's so unbalanced

We'll burn that bridge after we've all crossed it. Remember, the list has not been finalized, yet, so we still have plenty of time to scour across the internet in search of more girls who can fill less common roles, and we could just as easily remove generic characters in favor of more diversity.

alasdair69 wrote:If it were up to me I'd go with the plugsuits because it just seems to more accurately represent the point of the characters and the story, but whatever everyone else wants to do is fine with me.

I'm in complete agreement with this, but I have a snag in regards to Asuka: I was only able to find one acceptable picture of her in the plug suit. However, since Ancopan's art appears to be acceptable for the game (ex. Minako Aino/Sailor Venus pictures 1+2, Rei Hino/Sailor Mars picture 3, Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter picture 2; I'm fine with his work, but I wasn't sure if it would have been up to standard for the game), I believe it might be very well possible to have enough of Asuka in the plugsuit. Rei shouldn't be a problem (I hope), and the same should go for Mari (people just love to draw her in that suit).

... Oh! Right. I also need to know if the girls will still gain Reputation in the new system (just so I'm clear on that).
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 20th 2010, 8:04 pm

Vava wrote:Question, Alasdair. Some of the Traits say things like "such-and-such bonus each day." Does this mean that the girl is gaining points in the stat from the Trait, or that she's receiving a flat, unmarked bonus like with the Management and Theme abilities? In the case of it being the former, I was kinda thinking that ability-increasing Traits should simply add to the chances of her stats increasing as opposed to having a constant rate of gain every day, with some Traits providing higher bonuses to this chance than others. I wanted to know your thoughts on that idea.
My original conception of the Traits that provide stat bonuses is that they would in fact offer a definite increase in the appropriate stat on a daily basis but, and this a great big J-Lo sized but here, that said bonuses would fall squarely into the "less than one, and thus requiring multiple days to become apparent" category. Once enough days had gone by that the accrued bonuses added up to one, the girl would gain a point in that stat. I have no idea how the coding is handled for things like Mokoto's Charisma score right now (and going by some of the things Fred has told me, I'm not sure I want to), but the effect is essentially identical. The only problem I can see with your alternate idea is that the 'chances of her stats increasing' is pretty much 100% but again the amount gained is fractional, Sex + 0.1 for every customer serviced, for instance. The actual numbers of course will need to be tweaked around for balance once the basic framework is set and everything else that impacts on them is sorted, but that's the general idea anyway. If I understand your take on it correctly (and I probably don't LOL), it pretty much sounds like we're saying the same thing just in different ways: on the one hand you've got a precentage chance that eventually adds up to a one point stat increase every so many days and on the other you've got a continuous progression of decimals that eventually adds up to a one point stat increase every so many days. Naturally a lot would depend on what's easier to code but I'm frankly uncomfortable with excessive randomness in important things like rank and stats, especially since daily job experience is now the primary method of stat increase.

Vava wrote:We'll burn that bridge after we've all crossed it. Remember, the list has not been finalized, yet, so we still have plenty of time to scour across the internet in search of more girls who can fill less common roles, and we could just as easily remove generic characters in favor of more diversity.
I agree completely, which is why I said that whatever everyone else wanted to do in this respect is fine with me. *shrug*

Vava wrote:I'm in complete agreement with this, but I have a snag in regards to Asuka: I was only able to find one acceptable picture of her in the plug suit. However, since Ancopan's art appears to be acceptable for the game (ex. Minako Aino/Sailor Venus pictures 1+2, Rei Hino/Sailor Mars picture 3, Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter picture 2; I'm fine with his work, but I wasn't sure if it would have been up to standard for the game), I believe it might be very well possible to have enough of Asuka in the plugsuit. Rei shouldn't be a problem (I hope), and the same should go for Mari (people just love to draw her in that suit).
I don't really keep track of artists beyond a choice few, to me 'ancopan' sounds like an Italian dessert. *snork* But as for artwork being 'up to standard for the game' let me say this: I would love nothing more than for every single image in this game to look like it was done by a professional illustrator specifically for these purposes ... but it ain't gonna happen, I know that just as well as anyone else. So instead my main goal has always been just to make sure that each image is the best of what is available for the girl in question. Some of the images for some of the girls, particularly the girls that either were widely requested or necessary niche-fillers, quite frankly suck but they're the best of what was available so there they are. Of course, the internet is constantly expanding so I'm constantly on the lookout for better pics that have been more recently posted but if that doesn't happen we'll just have to go with what we've got, you know? Anyway, as for Asuka (Remember Asuka? We were talking about Asuka. *nods*) I've already got three acceptable pics of her in the plugsuit and I haven't even started looking myself yet (they were sent to me), so I know they're out there somewhere.

Vava wrote:... Oh! Right. I also need to know if the girls will still gain Reputation in the new system (just so I'm clear on that).
No matter how cool any changes I make to this game may be, or how much everyone else praised them, I still think that if I took out Reputation I'd be burned at the stake. LOL And considering what an important aspect it's been of both iterations of the game so far as well as how important it was in the Yoshiwara as well, I'd probably toss the first log on myself. My driving purpose here has always been to create a game that achieves and builds on it's potential but is also true to it's roots, so yes, the girls will still gain Reputation in the new system.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 20th 2010, 8:16 pm

I would NEVER burn you at the stake for taking out reputation.... I would bury you in stones... each stone putting greater pressure on your chest. Eventually, the weight of the stones would be greater than the weight your ribs can sustain and....

IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE ALL THIS PLANNED OR ANYTHING....
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 21st 2010, 4:05 am

Al.... question... what kind of area are we going to have for our pictures? Head shots are still 80X80, but... char pics and work shots? same as before? or?
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 21st 2010, 6:33 pm

Loup Garou wrote:Al.... question... what kind of area are we going to have for our pictures? Head shots are still 80X80, but... char pics and work shots? same as before? or?
Allow me to give you some insight into the utter depths of my ignorance on the technical side of things. If someone had asked me how big the headshots were, I'd have said something like "well, they appear on my screen about the size of a postage stamp". You tell me that's 80x80 and I take your word for it. LOL Therefore, if you want dimensions you'd be best served taking it up with Blastburn whenever RL lets him get online. However, a little common sense (something I have tons of saved up since I so seldom actually use any of it) will still enable me to answer your question in at least a general sort of way, which you were clever enough in your phrasing to leave it open for. As I've mentioned before, I've been trying to mock up what the various screens are going to need to look like in order to do what they're going to need to do and as I've done so I've striven to allow as much room for the art as possible. At first I would have said 'go crazy' since I allocated huge sections of the screens for the images, but they kept getting more complex as I tried to include more and more functionality into fewer and fewer screens, with the end result being, as it stands now, that the area for images is still larger than it was but not by so much. All of which is an incredibly longwinded (which we all know I'm known for being) way of saying yeah, about the same as before or a little larger would be just about right.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 21st 2010, 7:17 pm

alasdair69 wrote:My original conception of the Traits that provide stat bonuses is that they would in fact offer a definite increase in the appropriate stat on a daily basis but, and this a great big J-Lo sized but here, that said bonuses would fall squarely into the "less than one, and thus requiring multiple days to become apparent" category. Once enough days had gone by that the accrued bonuses added up to one, the girl would gain a point in that stat. I have no idea how the coding is handled for things like Mokoto's Charisma score right now (and going by some of the things Fred has told me, I'm not sure I want to), but the effect is essentially identical. The only problem I can see with your alternate idea is that the 'chances of her stats increasing' is pretty much 100% but again the amount gained is fractional, Sex + 0.1 for every customer serviced, for instance. The actual numbers of course will need to be tweaked around for balance once the basic framework is set and everything else that impacts on them is sorted, but that's the general idea anyway. If I understand your take on it correctly (and I probably don't LOL), it pretty much sounds like we're saying the same thing just in different ways: on the one hand you've got a precentage chance that eventually adds up to a one point stat increase every so many days and on the other you've got a continuous progression of decimals that eventually adds up to a one point stat increase every so many days. Naturally a lot would depend on what's easier to code but I'm frankly uncomfortable with excessive randomness in important things like rank and stats, especially since daily job experience is now the primary method of stat increase.

Ah, I see. I was wondering what exactly the experience system was (for some reason, I was thinking about a chance-based skill-building system that was used on this MUD I used to frequent). I'm guessing that the stat regression also occurs when the 'experience' of a stat happens to drop below 0 (kinda sounds like negative levels in D&D, now that I think about it), so I guess that makes it pretty simple to work with. I'm also guessing that the amount of experience needed for the stats to increase are also going to get progressively higher with the stat, with either Obedience or Refinement being the hardest to increase (Refinement because of its universal importance and Obedience because it's used in pretty much every action the girl takes). Regardless, thanks for the clarification.

alasdair69 wrote:Anyway, as for Asuka (Remember Asuka? We were talking about Asuka. *nods*) I've already got three acceptable pics of her in the plugsuit and I haven't even started looking myself yet (they were sent to me), so I know they're out there somewhere.

I thought it was strange that Asuka Langley of all people was still in need of pictures... :/

alasdair69 wrote:No matter how cool any changes I make to this game may be, or how much everyone else praised them, I still think that if I took out Reputation I'd be burned at the stake.

Umm... No, I just needed to know so I could brainstorm safely without worrying if Reputation had remained in the game or not since it hadn't been mentioned that much. Speaking of brainstorming, I've thrown together a few Traits and such that I'd like to be looked over for approval. I've already posted them on the other board and, since I really don't feel like copypasta-ing another large chunk of text...

http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/suggestions-f6/girl-requests-updated-system-t313.htm#2143

Anyway, tell me what you think.
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 21st 2010, 7:26 pm

Just to give you ideas of area pics use...

Suggesting Girls - Page 5 Hibari10
Original size (466 horizontal pixels X466 vertical pixels)

Suggesting Girls - Page 5 Hibari11
450X450

Suggesting Girls - Page 5 Hibari13
400X400

Suggesting Girls - Page 5 Hibari14
350X350

Suggesting Girls - Page 5 Hibari15
And this is the picture uses the area allowed by the game now. 300X300.

The pics could not have vertical pixels higher than 300, but horizontal has a lot more area. So you know, by inch measurement, 300X300 is JUST over 3 1/8 inch X 3 1/8 inch. In the end it is basically 97 pixels to the inch. The head shots are JUST over 3/4 inch X 3/4 inch.

If you are not sure what kind of area you need for pics, you can do a screen shot of the game and send the pic to me. If the picture area has a box displaying where the pics are shown, I can measure out allowable area.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 21st 2010, 8:38 pm

Hokay, I've got a couple of points to bring up, questions to answer and/or requests to make and since they're all about the girls I'll just go ahead and do them here instead of starting a new topic.

I hate sharing something I'm working on while it's still in an incomplete state, even when it's admittedly necessary, partially because of my OCD but also because as soon as it starts getting widely circulated I almost always realize that I've screwed something up somewhere. I explained the whole Type/Theme/Trait thing to you guys and Vava explained it to everyone on the other forum so we could all be on the same page and people could start submitting girls using the new format. This is a good thing. Then, this morning on the bus on the way to work, I realized that there was a serious flaw with one element of it: the one Theme limit. It made sense when I started all this because I was still working with the original batch of Themes, but as many of them became Types or Traits and new ones kept being added it somehow never occurred to me that it might not work quite so well anymore. The problem, really, is Empowered. It does exactly what a Theme is supposed to do under the current setup, lowers costs in one area of operations, and it makes a lot of sense considering all the girls from fighting games and whatnot that we have now. But realistically, every girl from a fighting game, to say nothing of all the girls from Dragonball and Tenjho Tenge and so on and so forth, should have it, along with a whole slew of others as well. I mean seriously, if you were going to rob a place and saw Samus giving you the hairy eyeball wouldn't you excuse yourself and go home? I know I would. But if we give the Empowered Theme to every girl who really should have it then we're locking them out of having other Themes that might be just as perfectly suited to them. Take Iroha from Queen's Blade, for instance. Sure she should have Empowered, every time you see her she's kicking someone's ass. But she's also a perfect example of Domestic too. You can't really justify not giving her either one, can you? On the other hand though, each girl having several Types, several Traits and several Themes would get unwieldy really quickly but I'm not sure it can be avoided. So the bottom line here is that I'm toying with an idea I've had for a different way to implement Types and Themes (and as always ideas and suggestions are welcome) but in the meantime I suggest that we go back to the original three Theme per girl limit for suggestions; if it ends up getting cut back again, at least we'll have plenty of material to work with.

Loup, these two are for you brother. I'm not sure really why you keep asking questions in a forum you know I don't post in when you could just come over here and ask me directly but since I'm such a great guy I'll go ahead and answer them for you anyway. Wink
  • With the exception of the android and the human (who would be a Homunculus and a ... well ... human), the Meow Meow girls would be considered Bakemono since it's really just a catchall category for all the Petting Zoo People. There's actually only a few genuine bakemono on the girls' list thus far, most of them are Vierra or genetic hybrids or whatever the hell the Utawarerumono girls are, but since there were so many bunnies and puppies and kitties (and the occasional dolphin Neutral ) I lumped them all together for backstory and ingame purposes.

• There is actually a Theme that covers Cosplay, but I left it off the list I gave you guys because I knew it would raise more questions than it answered. Since it's come up though, here it is: "Roleplayer: Every little girl likes playing dress-up, but some don’t stop there. Want to do a lingerie party or an erotic tea ceremony? Play Criminal and the Constable or Shrine Maiden and the Wandering Monk? If you name it, they’ve probably got the costume for it, and they’ll break any of them out at the drop of a befeathered purple pimp hat. Affect: Never incurs penalties for having a Type a customer dislikes. Greater success rate with Special Promotions [This is the part I knew would raise questions I didn't want to try to answer, mostly because Special Promotions is currently nothing more than a half-formed neat idea I had and then put on the back burner to work on other things first.]."

I'm sending out a clarion call to anyone who has more knowledge than me (which wouldn't take much, I assure you) about Chinese naming practices, past and present. While trying to figure out the display names for the various girls, some of the Chinese ones gave me fits. Chai Xianghua? Chao Lingshen? Hong Meiling? Ku Fei? Ling Xiaoyu? Those are all pretty straightforward, the first one listed is the family name and the second one is the given name. And Americanized ones like Ada Wong and Julia Chang are even easier. But what about Chun-Li or Lei-Fang? And don't even get me started on Sun Shang Xiang or Litchi Faye Ling! I'm fairly sure that the hyphenated ones are just two parts of the same given name, as are 'Shang' and 'Xiang' (which, just to make things interesting, are actually pronounced exactly the same way in Mandarin), but I'm not positive and even if they are do we want to do that or are we going to try to stick with one discrete chunk of letters per name? Is anyone able to provide some insight into this or do I have hours and hours of online research and probably a call to the Chinese embassy in my future? *snork*

And someone asked if Benten would be a playable character with pics and everything, to which the answer is no. Besides not even beginning to know where to look for Buddhist deity hentai nor wanting a bunch of pissed off monks knocking on my door, she's more or less the Great and Powerful Oz of the game. The girls will commune with her via shrine visits, where she'll assign them quests and send them girls for completing them, but that's pretty much the extent of it.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 21st 2010, 9:02 pm

Loup Garou wrote:If you are not sure what kind of area you need for pics, you can do a screen shot of the game and send the pic to me. If the picture area has a box displaying where the pics are shown, I can measure out allowable area.
Hooray, I get to show off my technical ignorance again. That's three times today, what luck! *snork* Right, now that that's out of the way ...

When I first started changing things up with the game model I knew I was going to need to redo all the screens to match so I did the only thing I have the skill to do: I took a capture of each screen and saved them in Paint, which is the extreme high end of my image manipulation software, and tweaked them at leisure. The captured image contained the entire visible area of my monitor and took up the entire visible area of the Paint window and everything was hunky-dory. Then my computer died a horrible, lingering death and was reincarnated into it's present form. About an hour ago, I was looking at the screen images again for the first time and realized that even though I'm using the exact same monitor as before those captured images now only take up approximately 75% of the visible area of the Paint window. Color me confused. I now no longer have any idea whatsoever what the correlation is between what I see in Paint and what I'd see if it were an actual screen in use, which really sucks because I kinda sorta need to know that if I'm going to use those captured screens as a basis for trying to fit in all the functionality I want to include there. Until I can wrap my poor tech-addled brain around this I won't even be able to complete the screen redesigns in order to have something to show you. To further showcase my sheer technological stupidity, I'm going to open myself up for mocking and ridicule by asking what everyone but me, in all likelihood, will consider to be the most retarded question in the history of the world: does anyone know how I can just tell Paint my screen size or resolution or whatever and have it adjust the workable area to fit those dimensions?

My head hurts. confused

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 21st 2010, 9:37 pm

Vava wrote:Ah, I see. I was wondering what exactly the experience system was (for some reason, I was thinking about a chance-based skill-building system that was used on this MUD I used to frequent). I'm guessing that the stat regression also occurs when the 'experience' of a stat happens to drop below 0 (kinda sounds like negative levels in D&D, now that I think about it), so I guess that makes it pretty simple to work with.
To be honest, when I said that some stats could go down I was primarily thinking about Morale (which will be highly variable), Reputation (which can be lowered by poor customer satisfaction, etc) and the potential for Traits that might cause one of the others to incur penalties on occasion. I like the idea of disuse causing stats to regress though (refuse too many customers and your Sex stat may get out of practice) so I'll probably add it in now.

Vava wrote:I'm also guessing that the amount of experience needed for the stats to increase are also going to get progressively higher with the stat, with either Obedience or Refinement being the hardest to increase (Refinement because of its universal importance and Obedience because it's used in pretty much every action the girl takes). Regardless, thanks for the clarification.
It sounds like you're thinking of experience in terms of points again, but when I refer to job experience I'm just talking about the use of the appropriate stat. The more you use it the better you get at it, which will make Charisma, Sex and Constitution fairly easy to raise right from the start. Obedience will accrue a bonus every time a girl does what you tell her to and incur a penalty every time she doesn't, which basically means that girls with high Obedience already will gain more pretty easily and those with low Obedience will be much trickier to improve. There will be training to raise it a bit at a time and there's one NPC who can help raise it by a nice chunk all at once but both have drawbacks (she's not earning money while training, she has to have certain levels of Obedience in order to qualify for successive levels of instruction and you have to have expanded into certain parts of town to access the schools and/or encountered and befriended the NPC through Taking a Walk). By far the best way to raise Obedience is simply to tell her to do something she's not likely to refuse, which is part of why I've incorporated more daily activities than just straight up sex. Refinement will be more difficult to improve than some of the other stats simply because there are fewer means of doing so and of course Morale will be up and down like a whore's drawers all through the game.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 21st 2010, 9:48 pm

I'm using the exact same monitor as before those captured images now only take up approximately 75% of the visible area of the Paint window.

I am guessing here, but your old machine was setting the screen set up at 800X600... and now it modified itself to 1024X768.... more or less... open control panel and from there display. In display go to settings and look at screen resolution. You will see the horizontal and vertical numbers your screen uses as area. To give you an idea, mine is set at 1280X1024... I have a nice wide flat screen and I have res set at max.

Anyway... that is why the pic you are talking about now looks smaller than it did.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua May 21st 2010, 11:41 pm

slightly off topic but mines at 1900 X 1200 widescreen so i see things differently. :/
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 21st 2010, 11:48 pm

screens go past 1280? wow... first I have seen that size.... 8-)
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 22nd 2010, 12:00 am

BTW... I am re-writing all my chars. I am around half way. There are a few I kinda brushed past. You don't need my nuns re-vamped, right, Al?
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 22nd 2010, 12:04 am

Vava wrote:Speaking of brainstorming, I've thrown together a few Traits and such that I'd like to be looked over for approval. I've already posted them on the other board and, since I really don't feel like copypasta-ing another large chunk of text...
Anyway, tell me what you think.
Good lord, where to begin? Might as well begin at the beginning, I suppose:

Vava wrote:Bad Girl: This girl possesses a serious attitude that quickly rubs people the wrong way. Calling her manners and morals 'inappropriate' might very well be an understatement.
This is a perfectly reasonable take on the Bad Girl Type and almost but not quite what I had in mind when I came up with it. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure how to explain or describe what I did have in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of the female equivalent of "all girls love bad boys", a concept that brings to mind guys in leather jackets with tattoos and earrings and motorcycles and heavy metal music. I'm just not sure how to gender-flip that and translate it into a quasi-Medieval, quasi-fantasy world.

Vava wrote:Exotic: This girl's clothing is unlike any other. It's hard to tell just where it comes from, what purpose it serves or sometimes even what it's made of.
I'm not entirely convinced this should be a Type, at least not as described. I agree that Exotic will definitely be included in the game in some capacity but the idea behind Types is for them to be pretty universally recognizable and drool-worthy. In fact, the original list of clothing based Types was compiled after doing hours of extensive research on actual fetishism, the ones I included were the ones most common across both age and culture and that generated the strongest responses. If you say the new brothel in town has maids or nurses or schoolgirls to almost any heterosexual male they'd know exactly what you were talking about and many of them would instantly break into a trot. If you say the girls at the new brothel in town look like nothing you've ever seen before and you're not even sure how to descibe them, they might go by out of curiosity the next time they're in the area and some might even like what they see, but just as many will probably consider it tacky or even outright revolting.

Vava wrote:Military Uniform: This girl's attire speaks of a life of order and discipline. Customers usually find themselves attracted to either the thought of giving orders or of taking orders from such a person.
That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? LOL

Vava wrote:Shrine Maiden: This girl is a shrine maiden, a human medium for the spirits. Her religious duties are numerous, but the strength of her own spirit grows to accomodate.
This has nothing to do with your description, that's fine, but I've been trying to figure out how best to include both nuns and shrine maidens in the same religion. Any ideas?

As far as Management Styles go, I think two things should be made mention of. Both are pretty obvious but after some of the stuff that's been submitted to me I've come to realize that obvious can't compete with oblivious. Anyway, the first is that the stat bonuses referred to in several of them work just like they do now, the stat itself doesn't increase but it's considered to be higher than it really is when determining the affects of the day's actions. The second is that, since Types and Themes and Traits are undergoing so much reworking a lot of those Management Styles will probably end up being changed or removed or replaced as well, so the final list may not even resemble the current one.

Vava wrote:Adventurous: Some girls might be willing to live their lives in the same humdrum manner every day, but not those with a thirst for excitement. These girls can't seem to stay at home, and make a habit of finding themselves in some rather unusual situations. Effect: Increases the likelihood of unique encounters in the affected area.
You know, I've never really been clear on what exactly was meant by "increases the likelihood of unique encounters" or whatever it was Final Fantasy Theme was supposed to do, especially since it's only the main goddess who Takes a Walk in my game model anyway. My version of this (and yes, I thought of almost the exact same thing some time ago but just put the finishing touches on it the other day) is a little different and, I think anyway, a little more intriguing in it's possibilities: "Adventurous: Not content to just lay around all day, some girls have to get out and look for some excitement, whether that means crawling down a tunnel with a knife in their teeth to search for hidden treasure or just wandering around and trying to meet interesting people. Affect: Small random chance each day that the girl will access the Take A Walk feature on her own and will not work that day. At end of day, a summary of her adventure will be given and any positive or negative results listed. "

Vava wrote:Cat Girl: This girl is more attuned to the primal rhythm of nature, imbuing her with a level of desire that she must answer. She has developed a unique form of courtship, which she uses somewhat aggressively in order attract the attention of those she finds favorable. Effect: This girl’s Sex and Constitution stats cannot decrease, and overworking does not lower her Morale. Bad events that occur while working still affect her Morale as normal.
Oh, I knew this was going to come up eventually. Do you have any idea how much thought I've put into trying to figure out how to include the Cat Girl Theme in a game that now has actual cat girls in it? My first attempt was this: "The people of Mioya have always been obsessed with the bakemono that live in the deepest parts of the country’s forests, especially the cats, and this has given rise to a special class of slave and prostitute who attempt to reproduce their sexual magnetism and sheer erotic allure. This can mean anything from attaching a tail and cat ears, to painting on a nose and ending all of their sentences with “-nya”, to their every waking (and occasionally even sleeping) action being done in a slinky, feline manner. These artificial Cat Girls are hugely popular and universally desired, and they know it," and the affect was to attract a lot more customers. But then Types took over the customer attraction aspect and I wasn't sure what to do from there, even considering making it a Trait like you did. My recent thinking on the matter has been to add rabbits into the mix in order to play off the Japanese/American nekomimi/Playboy bunny fixations and the cat and bunny suits from SlaveMaker (possible accessory tie-in there) but then what? Should there be a Bunny Girl to match the Cat Girl or should they be combined into one? Should it/they be considered a Theme or a Trait? What affects would it/they have? I think this one definitely calls for further thought and discussion.

Vava wrote:Detached: This girl seems especially gloomy, her eyes possessed of a strange sort of emptiness. She speaks quietly and matter-of-factly, with no traces of feeling or kindness at times. Effect: Random bonus/penalty to customer appreciation for each customer the girl sees. (Emo with a different name and description.)
Emo: The girl is especially dark, gothic or perhaps just really quiet and withdrawn. Effect: Random bonus/penalty to customer appreciation for each customer the girl sees, as some men like that sort of thing but others consider it a turn off.
The scary thing about this is that I was just thinking the other day there should be a Trait like Detached, although perhaps playing up the seemingly emotionless 'outsider looking in' angle instead of the 'I've given up on life' angle that I don't think anyone would find attractive. And Emo was probably the absolute worst possible name for me to use anyway since I have only the vaguest of ideas what emo is actually supposed to be all about or how to recognize it. I should have trusted my first instincts and stuck with Gothic because that's what I was going for, the Elvira, the Morticia, the Deadgirl Superstar, the hot goth chick wishing us "pleasant nightmares" in a sultry voice as we leave to go home.

Vava wrote:Excellent Reputation: The girl is well known and has a large repeat client base. Effect: Always gets maximum number of customers every day, provided they are available and barring other factors to the contrary.
Excellent Reputation: This girl has made a massive impression on the populace. Few do not know her name or face, and fewer still find her in their disfavor. Effect: This girl attracts the maximum number of possible customers to the Building she works in. However, Type disadvantages still apply to the final number.
I'm not sure exactly what the point of this rewrite was except that you've got the customers being drawn to the building she's in instead of to her, the logic of which I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain this one to me, please?

Vava wrote:Exhibitionist: The girl loves to show off how beautiful and sex and charming she can be for the admiration of all around her. Effect: Charisma bonus each day.
Exhibitionist: This girl has such pride in her body that she believes it a crime against the gods of beauty for it not to be seen. She does almost everything she can to keep herself in prime condition, and the confidence she exudes when in front of others fortifies her resolve. Effect: Gains significant Charsima experience each day.
Wait, let me guess. You made the language of this one more florid to justify the significant gain in experience points for Charisma, back when you still thought there was such a thing as experience points for Charisma, am I right? LOL

Vava wrote:Experience: Some girls have minds that catch information in an inescapable net. She picks up on hidden cues almost immediately, words never need to be repeated to her, and she never makes the same mistake twice. Effect: The girl's rate of experience gain is increased. The rate at which experience is lost is unchanged.
Nope, didn't see a thing. Wink

Vava wrote:Friendly: The girl is very pleasant and hard not to like. Effect: Increased frequency of compliments and tips from customers.
Friendly: This girl has a personality that few people dislike. She tends to make friends quickly and keep them indefinitely. Effect: Increases the chances of receiving compliments and tips from customers.
Vava wrote:Happiness: This girl is upbeat and always cheerful, seemingly no matter what happens. She sees the bright side of everything, and each day always holds possibility to her. Effect: Gains a little Morale each day. (Happy with a different name and description.)
Happy: The girl is upbeat and always cheerful, no matter what may happen. Effect: Morale bonus each day.
Vava wrote:Obedient: The girl follows orders and does what she's told, without complaining, talking back or giving any lip. Effect: Obedience bonus each day.
Obedient: This girl is conditioned to take orders and carry them out to the best of her ability. Whether this is because of timidity, military training, brainwashing, or some other conditioning, however, cannot be said… Effect: Gains Obedience experience each day.
Vava wrote:Tough: The girl has the stamina of an ox and can work harder for longer than most other girls. Effect: Constitution bonus each day.
Tough: This girl has incredible physical strength and endurance. She seems to keep this level of fitness with little to no effort. Effect: Gains Constitution experience each day.
Okay, why? I don't really have any objection to you rewriting some of my descriptions, I just don't understand why you felt it was necessary. The whole experience thing aside, these aren't really any different than they started out as except for the wording.

Vava wrote:Inclusive: Sometimes, the only defense a girl has against the cruelty of the world is to simply withdraw within herself. Some girls are so deeply withdrawn that it becomes difficult for them to even notice that they are feeling anything, themselves. Effect: This girl gains and recovers Morale at a slower rate than normal. However, she still loses Morale at the normal rate.
This is a really good idea, albeit oddly named and overly depressingly written (note to Vava: games should be fun *nods*). Once we make it sound a little less like a suicide note I don't have any problem including it.

Vava wrote:Limber: With a lean and surprisingly powerful body, this girl is more than capable of allowing herself to bend and move in normally uncomfortable ways. The sensual positions, movements and postures she can take are very impressive, and her body does not suffer from wear as easily as it would otherwise. Effect: Gains a little more Sex and Constitution experience each day. Improves the odds of customer appreciation based on Sex.
I really like this one, especially since now I don't have to try to figure out how to work Limber in. Smile

Vava wrote:Professional Pickpocket: This girl has been able to survive in the past by discretely taking coins from others. She has perfected her timing and her ability to distract, and she’s careful enough to not take more than a few at a time to avoid arousing suspicions. Effect: The girl ‘receives’ a few extra gold coins per customer.
"And passes the savings on to you!" Sorry, not really sure why I thought of some kind of commercial when I read that. LOL At any rate, I assume this is your take on Yuffie's special ability and it makes sense but will there really be enough girls that it would apply to to warrant making it a Trait? I just figured it would be a special extra like it is now since I'm trying to give all the girls one anyway.

Vava wrote:Rest: While most people get enough sleep to simply ground themselves for the next day, some recover from aches and pains at a much faster rate. They typically pace themselves just right throughout their days, and a full night's sleep seems to always do the trick. Effect: The girl recovers Morale faster when not working.
Another good idea and yet another Theme or Trait that I don't have to wrack my brain figuring out how to work in, considering there's no more Health to recover.

Vava wrote:Smile: Some girls smile more often than others. Whether it's because they're in a good mood or that they're hiding something from you is hard to tell. Effect: Attracts one more customer per day.
Wait a minute, did I somehow miss Smile on the list of Themes I gave you guys? I apologize if I did, I'm not sure why it wasn't on there. If it had been though, it would have looked something like this: "Smile: A good smile is the first thing most people notice, and it’s the most important thing in dealing with other people. Whether they catch your enthusiasm, trust in your composure or just wonder what the hell you’re up to, you’ll certainly make an impression. Affect: More Reputation gained, increased frequency of compliments and tips from customers and greater chance of a girl being asked to model."

Vava wrote:Splendid Body: The girl is perfect in form and feature, no flaw can be found in her physical appearance. Effect: Bonus to Charisma for customer appreciation.
Splendid Body: Some girls just seem to have been sculpted from a single block of marble. Everything about her just seems to fit perfectly together as if she came from a fevered dream. Effect: Increases the chances of a customer being impressed by the girl's Charisma score.
The over the top wording of the description notwithstanding, the wording of the effect is kind of ... weird. Charisma is one of the things that affect customer appreciation but this makes it sound like ... you know, I'm not real sure what this makes it sound like. scratch

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 22nd 2010, 12:17 am

Loup Garou wrote:I am guessing here, but your old machine was setting the screen set up at 800X600... and now it modified itself to 1024X768.... more or less...

*blinkblink* Dude, that's creepy. I don't know what it was set on before but 1024x768 is exactly what it's set on now. And I figured out how to set Paint to the appropriate dimensions (I'm not entirely stupid, just mostly *snork*) so I'm golden.

Loup Garou wrote:...mine is set at 1280X1024...
Joshua wrote:...mines at 1900 X 1200 widescreen so i see things differently.
Or so I thought. Oh well, since mine seems to be at the bottom of the screen resolution totem pole I'll just size all the game screens to my monitor and then at least I know it'll fit everyone else's. *shrug*

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 22nd 2010, 12:19 am

Loup Garou wrote:BTW... I am re-writing all my chars. I am around half way. There are a few I kinda brushed past. You don't need my nuns re-vamped, right, Al?
If by revamped you mean updated to the new format then it couldn't hurt. I've been so busy with so many other things I haven't updated anyone yet. That's actually what Vava was going to help me out with, along with fixing the toxic levels of stupidity in some of the suggestions I've gotten. LOL

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 22nd 2010, 12:25 am

Ok... I will do my nuns as well... as to the help to you and Va... hey... I created them to start off with... I might as well take the time to modify them. As soon as I get them all re-vamped, I will post them (no pics this time... you already have those.. 8-).. )
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 22nd 2010, 4:09 am

Note that this is just the first editing. There will probably be changes. And there are a few new pieces defined in some of the characters. But it has to start somewhere.

Name: Maria Sagara
Description: Maria S. is the mother of the Sagara family
Type: Buxom Babe, MiLF
Charisma: High
Sex: Average
Constitution: Average
Obedience: Low
Morale: High
Refinement: High
Management: Multitasker.
Theme: Worth it.
Trait(s): Splendid body, Team player, Maternal Instincts.
Special: Limitation to Team player. Only with the other Sagara girls.

Name: Arissa Sagara
Description: Arissa is the oldest daughter of the Sagara family.
Type: Teacher, Buxom Babe
Charisma: Average
Sex: Very Low
Constitution: High
Obedience: High
Morale: Average
Refinement: Average
Management: People person
Theme: Nymphomaniac
Trait(s): Obedient, Team Player, Sex Addict.
Special: Limitation to Team player. Only with the other Sagara girls.

Name Sanae Sagara
Description: Sanae is the second daughter of the Sagara family.
Type: Bad Girl (she has a temper… ), Body guard (she is very defensive for her family)
Charisma: Low
Constitution: High - Very High (she is right on the fence… you decide)
Management: Coach
Theme: Bouncer (Keeps customers from getting out of hand. Effect: Raises girls’ morale and lowers house repair costs. There is some early loss of customers, but those are just the bad apples. In time customer numbers come back to normal.) (I know… you have Empowered… which is similar, but that is overall protective… bouncer is thinking more about girl protection)
Trait(s): Tough, Team player.
Special: Limitation to Team Player. Only with the other Sagara Girls.

Name: Emiru Sagara
Description: Emiru is the third daughter of the Sagara family.
Type: Cosplay, Lolita (Shy? She is kinda like a girl in glasses, but she has no glasses)
Sex: Low
Refinement: Low
Management: Artist (her cosplay is her art form)
Theme: (none as of now)
Trait(s): Team Player
Special: Limitation to Team Player. Only with the other Sagara girls.

Name: Ruruka Sagara
Description: Ruruka is the youngest daughter of the Sagara family.
Type: Lolita, School Girl
Charisma: Very low
Constitution: high
Refinement: low
Management: Housekeeper
Theme: Domestic
Trait(s): Maternal Instinct, Team Player,
Special: Limitation to Team Player. Only with other Sagara girls.

Name: Kaede Maioka
Description: Kaede is a nurse instructor in I'm Gonna Nurse You 1.
Type: Nurse, Teacher
Sex: High
Constitution: Very High
Management: Health Practitioner. (Keeps clients and girls healthy, which also raises Constitution and Morale)
Theme: Outgoing
Trait(s): Smart, Friendly, Team Player.
Special: Limitation of Team Player… I’m Gonna Nurse You 1 girls

Name: Mamiji Maioka (Kaede's daughter)
Description: Mamiji is a student nurse in I'm Gonna Nurse You 1.
Type: Student Nurse (like a nurse but with half the calories… and candy girl uniform), Lolita
Management: (none as of now)
Theme: (nuthin’ here)
Trait(s): Friendly, Happy, Team Player
Special: Oh, hell… by now, you should have figured that all the team players are limited to games of origin.

Name: Nanana Yoshina
Description: Nanana is a student nurse in I'm Gonna Nurse You 1.
Type: Student Nurse (like a nurse but with half the calories… and candy girl uniform), Lolita
Obedience: Very High
Morale: Low
Management: (none)
Theme: (none)
Trait(s): Team Player, Obedience
Special:

Name: Emi Katakura
Description: Emi is the nun in I'm Gonna Nurse You 1 (see... I told you there would be nuns)
Type: Nun, Buxum Babe
Management: Stickler (Actually… she is active with ruler across knuckles if a girl goes bad…), Well Respected (Yes… that is 2 obedience bonuses… she motivates obedience THAT MUCH)
Theme: Worth it (Who WOULDN’T pay extra to fuck a nun?)
Trait(s): Friendly, Ladylike, Obedient, Team Player, Maternal Instincts
Special:

Name: Chisa Mutsuki
Description: Chisa is the class president and student nurse in I'm Gonna Nurse You 1.
Type: Lolita, School Girl, Girls in Glasses, Buxom Babe, Student Nurse (like a nurse but with half the calories… and candy girl uniform)
Management: (none)
Theme: (none)
Trait(s): Smart, Team Player
Special:

Name: Maria Nagasaki
Description: Maria N. is a nun in I'm Gonna Nurse You 2. ("N." included because of Maria S. of the Sagara Family set I suggested earlier)
Type: Nun, Buxom Babe
Obedience: Average
Management: Well Represented
Theme: Nymphomania
Trait(s): Maternal Instincts, Team Player,
Special:

Name: Akira Nagasaki (daughter of Maria.... sort of)
Description: Akira is a student nurse in I'm Gonna Nurse You 2.
Type: Student nurse, Lolita
Management: (none… for now)
Theme: (none… for now)
Trait(s): Team Player, Friendly
Special:

Name: Hibari Ishigami
Description: Hibari is a nurse student in I'm Gonna Nurse You 2.
Type: Nurse student, Lolita
Charisma: Very Low
Management: (none as of now)
Theme: (none… but…)
Trait(s): Team Player, Friendly, Obedient
Special:

Name: Elena Bianchi
Description: Elena is a nun (and daughter of a mafioso) in I'm Gonna Nurse You 2. (She really is... the main char in game slept with her sister... and is hiding in Japan from the Sicilian Mafia)
Type: Nun, Bad Girl, Buxom Babe
Sex: Low-Average… on the cusp… up to you
Management: Mafioso by blood (She is not in Mafia… but her father is… and fear by customers of retaliation for any damage done to the house keeps them from breaking ANYTHING)
Trait(s): Tough, Team Player,
Special:

Name: Yuna Igarashi
Description: Yuna is a nurse teacher in I'm Gonna Nurse You 2.
Type: Nurse, Teacher,
Constitution: Godlike
Management: Uniform Standard
Theme: Dedicated
Trait(s): Obedient, Team Player, Smart
Special:

Name: Hazuki Shinozaki
Description: Hazuki is the "childhood friend" from Pick Me, Honey.
Refinement: Low or Average….close call
Management: (not sure)
Theme: (nothing as of now)
Special:

Name: Futaba Shinozaki
Description: Futaba is a teacher and the older sister of Hazuki from Pick Me, Honey.
Type: Teacher, Girls with Glasses,
Management: Popular
Theme: (nothing yet)
Trait(s): Team Player, Smart
Special:

Name: Chihiro Ogawa
Description: Chihiro O. is the orphan in Pick Me, Honey.
Obedience: Godlike
Management: (still thinking)
Theme: (ditto)
Trait(s): Team Player, Obedient, Experimental (Or something like that. There are pics of her being.. a food tray, giving new meaning to the term “Eat me.”)
Special:

Name: Mio Simiyoshi
Description: Mio is the daughter of rich parents in Pick Me, Honey.
Type: Lolita, School Girl, Buxom Babe
Obedience: Very Low
Management: (nothing yet)
Theme: (same)
Trait(s): Debutante, Emo, Team Player,
Special:

Name: Yoriko Mizui
Description: Yoriko is the "Mother/Older Sister" figure with the protagonist in Pick Me, Honey.
Type: Buxom Babe, MiLF
Management: Multitasker, Accountant (If there is limitation, those are written in order of importance)
Theme: Empowered
Trait(s): Ladylike, Love Machine, Team Player
Special:

Name: Chidori Yuki
Description: Chidori is the matriarch of Come See Me, Tonight 1, and a hell of a business woman.
Type: High Class Lady, MiLF
Refinement: Very High
Management: Accountant, Uniform Standard, Housekeeper
Trait(s): Ladylike, Team Player, Maternal Instinct, Smart
Special:

Name: Misage Yuki
Description: Misage is the eldest daughter and pianist in Come See Me, Tonight 1.
Type: Lolita, Musician (non-sexual entertainment of customers…),
Constitution: Low
Theme: Domestic
Trait(s): Obedient, Team Player,
Special:

Name: Tsugami Yuki
Description: Tsugami is the second daughter and hostess in training of Come See Me, Tonight 1.
Type: Waitress
Management: Accountant
Trait(s): Tough, Team Player
Special:

Name: Kobato Yuki
Description: Kobato is the youngest daughter in Come See Me, Tonight 1.
Management: (none, yet)
Theme: Outgoing
Trait(s): Limber (flexible body… raises customer response and girl’s constitution), Team Player,
Special:

Name: Hina Ahara
Description: Hina is a student to Chidori's management skills in Come See Me, Tonight 1.
Type: Waitress,
Management: Uniform Standard
Theme: (still thinking)
Trait(s): Obedient, Happy, Team Player
Special:

Name: Minami Tsukikage
Description: Minami is the princess shrine maiden in Come See Me, Tonight 2.
Type: Shrine Maiden, High Class Lady
Charisma: Godlike
Management: Artist (Dance)
Theme: Tease (dance)
Trait(s): Maternal Instincts, Team Player
Special:

Name: Nanao Torishima
Description: Namao is a childhood friend of the protagonist and a shrine maiden in Come See Me, Tonight 2.
Type: Lolita, Shrine Maiden, School Girl
Management: (still thinking)
Theme: (ditto)
Trait(s): Obedient, Team Player
Special:

Name: Sheena Kazemiya
Description: Sheena is Nanao's friend and a shrine maiden in Come See Me, Tonight 2.
Type: Lolita, Shrine Maiden
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Tough, Limber, Team Player
Special:

Name: Koruri Hanayashiki
Description: Koruri is a visiting shrine maiden in Come See Me, Tonight 2.
Type: Lolita, Shrine Maiden
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Obedience, Team Player
Special:

Name: Chieri "Cherry" Hase
Description: Chieri is a teacher and the protagonist's idol in Amorous Professor Cherry.
Type: Teacher, High Class Lady, Buxom Babe, Girl with Glasses
Charisma: Very High
Theme:
Trait(s): Maternal Instincts, Team Player, Smart
Special:

Name: Mamiko Kanai
Description: Mamiko is a teacher and best friend to Chieri in Amorous Teacher Cherry.
Type: Teacher, MiLF, Buxom Babe
Management: Promoter
Trait(s): Smart, Team Player, Switch Hitter
Special:

Name: Kiyoka Yorii
Description: Kiyoka is a student at Chieri's school and the protagonist's friend in Amorous Professor Cherry.
Type: Lolita, School Girl,
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Limber, Team Player,
Special:

Name: Akina Inamura
Description: Akina is the manager of Platinum in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 1.
Type: Girl with Glasses, Buxom Babe, Bad Girl, Manager
Sex: Very High
Constitution: low
Obedience: Virtually Non-existent
Refinement: A hard call. She has etiquette, conversation skills, knowledge… but at the same time she has problem controlling her manor… she will grab your ass in mid sentence.
Management: Accountant, Multitasker
Trait(s): Smart, Team Player, Switch Hitter, Exhibitionist, Sex Addict.
Special:

Name: Sae Ishigami
Description: Sae is a waitress at Platinum and cousin to protagonist in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 1.
Type: Waitress, Lolita, Buxom Babe
Constitution: Medium
Obedience: Medium
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Exhibitionist, Team Player
Special:

Name: Hiromi Yanagi
Description: Hiromi is a dichotomy. She is a shy nerd with glasses and a scantily dressed waitress at Platinum in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 1.
Type: Lolita, Girl with Glasses, Buxom Babe, Waitress
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Smart, Team Player,
Special:

Name: Ryo Kugenuma
Description: Ryo is the "take charge" waitress at Platinum in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 1.
Type: Waitress, Buxom Babe,
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Splendid Body, Team Player, Smart, Obedience
Special:

Name: Chimaki Hase
Description: Chimaki is the oldest and least inhibited waitress at Platinum in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 1.
Type: Lolita, Waitress
Sex: Godlike
Management: Train Wreck
Trait(s): Ditzy, Team Player
Special:

Name: Sumika Ichikawa (you have it spelled Sakima on record, I am sure, but… I am mildly dyslexic.. I was wrong. This is the correct spelling.)
Description: Sumika is the protagonist's ex-girlfriend, friend to Akina (Manager of Platinum), and the manager of Platinum: Oceanside in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 2.
Type: Manager, MiLF, Buxom Babe
Theme: Outgoing, Nymphomania
Trait(s): Smart, Team Player,
Special:

Name: Madoka Kasugu
Description: Maduka is a friend of Sae (from Platinum) and Mizuru and a waitress at Platinum: Oceanside in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 2.
Type: Lolita, Waitress, Buxom Babe
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Smile, Team Player
Special:

Name: Makoto Hagino
Description: Makoto is a friend of Ryo (from Platinum) and waitress at Platinum: Oceanside in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 2.
Type: Buxom Babe, Waitress
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Lactating (her pics show her lactation…. A lot…), Team Player, Smiler
Special:

Name: Misuzu Shinozuka
Description: Misuzu is a friend of Madoka and a waitress at Platinum: Oceanside in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 2.
Obedience: Almost Non-existant
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Team Player, Ladylike, Obedience (I know... I know... with an obed that low? She hates men, but if you use the correct tactics, she will obey your every wish)
Special:

Name: Shiori Himenomiya
Description: Shiori is a waitress at Platinum: Oceanside in Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 2. She is also an active instructor in the world of auto-eroticism (no... not strangulation and stuff. She is an active masturbater.)
Type: Waitress, Buxom Babe
Management:
Trait(s): Sex Addict, Team Player, Exhibitionist.
Special:

Name: Saki Tachibana
Description: Saki is the protagonist's cousin and a student in Snow Sakura.
Type: School Girl, Lolita,
Management:
Theme: Bouncer
Trait(s): Tough
Special:
Origin:
Char: 60
Sex: 60
Cons: 70
Obed: 10
Leadership: Cost of daily repairs of house is cut in half (She will kick the ass of ANYONE doing damage)
Styles: Tough

Name: Misaki Souya
Description: Misaki is a student and (some believe) the protagonist's first choice in Snow Sakura.
Type: Lolita, School girl
Management:
Trait(s): Debutant, Friendly
Special:

Name: Kozae Hiyama
Description: Kozae is a student and Misaki's biggest fan in Snow Sakura.
Type: Flat chested, Lolita, School Girl
Theme:
Trait(s): Smart, Obedient,
Special:

Name: Rei Kisaragi
Description: Rei is the oldest student and a Shrine Maiden in Snow Sakura. (She is a senior and the rest of the girls are juniors. She is also a nicotine addict.)
Type: Bad Girl, Shrine Maiden, Girl with Glasses, School girl, Lolita, Smoker… (I know, I know… but she does…)
Morale: Low
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Tough, Lady Like (I know… she is a dichotomy… but…)
Special:

Name: Misato Souya
Description: Misato is a teacher and Misaki's older sister in Snow Sakura.
Type: Teacher,
Sex: Almost Non-existant
Obedience: Almost Godlike
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Obedient, Ditzy
Special:

Name: Mitsuki Takahara
Description: Mitsuki is a waitress at the Bazooka Cafe (and, to say the least, a serious klutz).
Type: Waitress, Buxom Babe,
Morale: Very High
Management: Train wreck, Train wreck and… oh yeah… TRAIN WRECK!!!!!!!!!!
Theme:
Trait(s):
Special: Ditzy, Team Player

Name: Narumi Takeuchi
Description: Narumi is a waitress, black belt kendo artist, and childhood friend (and former girlfriend) of the protagonist in Bazooka Cafe.
Type: Buxom Babe, Waitress, Fighter
Constitution: Almost Godlike
Management:
Theme: Empowered, Bouncer,
Special:

Name: Yayoi Uesugi
Description: Yayoi is the protagonist's former boss who helps in the Bazooka Cafe with accounting and waiting.
Type: Buxom Babe, Executive, MiLF, Waitress
Management: Accountant, Multitasker
Theme:
Trait(s): Smart, Team Player, Ladylike
Special:

Name: Cocoa Nitta
Description: Cocoa is the cook/waitress at the Bazooka Cafe. She is a maternal figure for the protagonist.
Constitution: Very Low
Theme:
Trait(s): Maternal Instincts, Team Player,
Special:

Name: Nanami Aoba
Description: Nanami is the former girlfriend and current landlord of the protagonist in Let's Meow Meow.
Type: Flat Chested,
Theme:
Trait(s): Smart, Team Player
Special:

Name: Mikan
Description: Mikan is a human of feline descent who was brought to this planet as a gift to the protagonist by the cat god in Let's Meow Meow.
Type: Buxom Babe, Bakemono
Management:
Theme:
Trait(s): Obediance, Smile, Team Player
Special:
Origin:
Char 30
sex 80
con 40
obed 50
Leadership (I dunno)
Styles: cat girl, obedience, smile

Name: Hanabi
Description: Hanabi is a human of laporidaen (rabbit) decent and a THIEF brought to Earth by the same magic which brought Mikan in Let's Meow Meow.
Type: Buxom Babe, Bakemono, Thief
Sex: Almost Godlike
Management: (none, but when you see the “special” note below on her... you may think of something)
Trait(s): Sex Addict, Love Machine, Exhibitionist, Friendly, Team Player, Cross Hitter,
Special: Obedience has nothing to do with her client policy. She will fuck ALL customers, and she will have 4 per day. After all, she fucks like a rabbit.

Name: Shinju
Description: Shinju is a human of canine decent and a detective who has come to Earth in the same magic hole to catch Hanabi in Let's Meow Meow.
Type: Buxom Babe, Bakemono, Police Officer
Management:
Theme: Bouncer
Trait(s): Tough, Smart, Obedient, Team Player
Special:

Name: Koboshi
Description: Koboshi, of Let's Meow Meow is... hard to explain. She is a human of feline descent, but she is not... human. She is an android. And she is a police officer who has also come to this world in search of Hanabi the thief. Unfortunately, she crossed a few wires, so she shorts out from time to time.
Type: Flat Chested, Bakemono, Homunculus (I know… I know… she is really both), Police Officer
Management: TRAIN WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theme:
Trait(s): Obedience, Ditzy, Team Player
Special:

Name: Kohaku
Description: Kohaku is a human of feline descent and a shrine maiden who has come to this Earth to help return those brought here by magic to their own world in Let's Meow Meow.
Type: Buxom Babe, Buxom Babe, Buxom Babe, Buxom Babe, Bakemono, Shrine maiden (I really mean it when I say she is buxom…)
Charisma: Medium
Constitution: Medium
Trait(s): Team player, Splendid body, Switch Hitter, Ladylike, Love Machine
Special:

Note: The 5... visitors above have only first names. That is not a mistype. No last names were given for those characters.

Last edited by Loup Garou on May 26th 2010, 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 22nd 2010, 10:32 am

Now that I've had some more sleep, I can make another massive, quotation-based response. :/

alasdair69 wrote:I hate sharing something I'm working on while it's still in an incomplete state, even when it's admittedly necessary, partially because of my OCD but also because as soon as it starts getting widely circulated I almost always realize that I've screwed something up somewhere. I explained the whole Type/Theme/Trait thing to you guys and Vava explained it to everyone on the other forum so we could all be on the same page and people could start submitting girls using the new format. This is a good thing. Then, this morning on the bus on the way to work, I realized that there was a serious flaw with one element of it: the one Theme limit. It made sense when I started all this because I was still working with the original batch of Themes, but as many of them became Types or Traits and new ones kept being added it somehow never occurred to me that it might not work quite so well anymore. The problem, really, is Empowered. It does exactly what a Theme is supposed to do under the current setup, lowers costs in one area of operations, and it makes a lot of sense considering all the girls from fighting games and whatnot that we have now. But realistically, every girl from a fighting game, to say nothing of all the girls from Dragonball and Tenjho Tenge and so on and so forth, should have it, along with a whole slew of others as well. I mean seriously, if you were going to rob a place and saw Samus giving you the hairy eyeball wouldn't you excuse yourself and go home? I know I would. But if we give the Empowered Theme to every girl who really should have it then we're locking them out of having other Themes that might be just as perfectly suited to them. Take Iroha from Queen's Blade, for instance. Sure she should have Empowered, every time you see her she's kicking someone's ass. But she's also a perfect example of Domestic too. You can't really justify not giving her either one, can you? On the other hand though, each girl having several Types, several Traits and several Themes would get unwieldy really quickly but I'm not sure it can be avoided. So the bottom line here is that I'm toying with an idea I've had for a different way to implement Types and Themes (and as always ideas and suggestions are welcome) but in the meantime I suggest that we go back to the original three Theme per girl limit for suggestions; if it ends up getting cut back again, at least we'll have plenty of material to work with.

So, we allow each girl to also have up to three Themes? Sounds fine, and, in the event that it has to be cut down to a lower number, it will give each girl some flexibility to allow diversity in the end, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem for now.

alasdair69 wrote:I'm sending out a clarion call to anyone who has more knowledge than me (which wouldn't take much, I assure you) about Chinese naming practices, past and present. While trying to figure out the display names for the various girls, some of the Chinese ones gave me fits. Chai Xianghua? Chao Lingshen? Hong Meiling? Ku Fei? Ling Xiaoyu? Those are all pretty straightforward, the first one listed is the family name and the second one is the given name. And Americanized ones like Ada Wong and Julia Chang are even easier. But what about Chun-Li or Lei-Fang? And don't even get me started on Sun Shang Xiang or Litchi Faye Ling! I'm fairly sure that the hyphenated ones are just two parts of the same given name, as are 'Shang' and 'Xiang' (which, just to make things interesting, are actually pronounced exactly the same way in Mandarin), but I'm not positive and even if they are do we want to do that or are we going to try to stick with one discrete chunk of letters per name? Is anyone able to provide some insight into this or do I have hours and hours of online research and probably a call to the Chinese embassy in my future?

... When in doubt, Wiki. *shrug*

alasdair69 wrote:Page 7
Raising stats in my game model is handled via an updated form of the 'learn by work experience' system of the original. There won't be any experience points to fool with though, it's all going to be automatic. The more customers a girl sees, the more her Sex stat will go up and probably her Constitution as well. The more times she entertains someone non-sexually, the higher her Charisma will rise. The more she does what you tell her to, the better her Obedience will get. The reverse is also true of course, with stats going down if they're not used enough (which can quickly turn into a viscious cycle of frustration in the case of Obedience). What I didn't mention in the previous post though, but I'll throw in here as a freebie, is that most stats for most girls will have an upper limit that they can reach through daily experience. In order to progress beyond that plateau a girl will need to undergo special training, although even with the training most girls will still have limits as to how high their various stats can go. After all let's be honest, not everyone has what it takes to be the best.
alasdair69 wrote:Also Page 7
My original conception of the Traits that provide stat bonuses is that they would in fact offer a definite increase in the appropriate stat on a daily basis but, and this a great big J-Lo sized but here, that said bonuses would fall squarely into the "less than one, and thus requiring multiple days to become apparent" category. Once enough days had gone by that the accrued bonuses added up to one, the girl would gain a point in that stat. I have no idea how the coding is handled for things like Mokoto's Charisma score right now (and going by some of the things Fred has told me, I'm not sure I want to), but the effect is essentially identical. The only problem I can see with your alternate idea is that the 'chances of her stats increasing' is pretty much 100% but again the amount gained is fractional, Sex + 0.1 for every customer serviced, for instance. The actual numbers of course will need to be tweaked around for balance once the basic framework is set and everything else that impacts on them is sorted, but that's the general idea anyway. If I understand your take on it correctly (and I probably don't LOL), it pretty much sounds like we're saying the same thing just in different ways: on the one hand you've got a precentage chance that eventually adds up to a one point stat increase every so many days and on the other you've got a continuous progression of decimals that eventually adds up to a one point stat increase every so many days. Naturally a lot would depend on what's easier to code but I'm frankly uncomfortable with excessive randomness in important things like rank and stats, especially since daily job experience is now the primary method of stat increase.
alasdair69 wrote:To be honest, when I said that some stats could go down I was primarily thinking about Morale (which will be highly variable), Reputation (which can be lowered by poor customer satisfaction, etc) and the potential for Traits that might cause one of the others to incur penalties on occasion. I like the idea of disuse causing stats to regress though (refuse too many customers and your Sex stat may get out of practice) so I'll probably add it in now.

I thought that it was what you meant in the first place. T~T

alasdair69 wrote:Bad Girl... This is a perfectly reasonable take on the Bad Girl Type and almost but not quite what I had in mind when I came up with it. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure how to explain or describe what I did have in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of the female equivalent of "all girls love bad boys", a concept that brings to mind guys in leather jackets with tattoos and earrings and motorcycles and heavy metal music. I'm just not sure how to gender-flip that and translate it into a quasi-Medieval, quasi-fantasy world.

So, wait... Is Bad Girl supposed to relate mostly to their physical appearance or to their personality? In the case of the former, the word Punk comes immediately to mind (an Outfit based Type, since not everyone who dresses that way would necessarily have the attitude), but, considering that all a woman needed to do to be considered a 'bad girl' a little over 100 years ago was to wear pants, it does sound like a there would be trouble determining who should and should not possess it... It might be best to work this out over the chat, I guess.

alasdair69 wrote:Exotic... I'm not entirely convinced this should be a Type, at least not as described. I agree that Exotic will definitely be included in the game in some capacity but the idea behind Types is for them to be pretty universally recognizable and drool-worthy. In fact, the original list of clothing based Types was compiled after doing hours of extensive research on actual fetishism, the ones I included were the ones most common across both age and culture and that generated the strongest responses. If you say the new brothel in town has maids or nurses or schoolgirls to almost any heterosexual male they'd know exactly what you were talking about and many of them would instantly break into a trot. If you say the girls at the new brothel in town look like nothing you've ever seen before and you're not even sure how to descibe them, they might go by out of curiosity the next time they're in the area and some might even like what they see, but just as many will probably consider it tacky or even outright revolting.

My problem here is that I was under the impression that every girl needed at least one Type, and, since the Evangelion girls are going to be portrayed in their plugsuits and since Outfit based Types required that the girl be seen in them, this eliminated the Schoolgirl Type from all of them, leaving all but Mari (who is still a Girl in Glasses) with no Types. As for what to do with Exotic... It could be an in-game descriptive Type that refers to girls who are not originally from Mioya (Foreigner girls, basically), accompanied with things like accents, clothing, behavior, etc. Again, this requires some serious discussion to figure out just how it will work.

alasdair69 wrote:Shrine Maiden... This has nothing to do with your description, that's fine, but I've been trying to figure out how best to include both nuns and shrine maidens in the same religion. Any ideas?

Thinking back to SlaveMaker, here's how I see it. The nuns take care of human interactions; public relations, confession, conversion. Anything that involves person-to-person activity would be their specialty. Shrine maidens, on the other hand, deal with issues that have spirits, youkai, and other such entities involved, most notably exorcisms. It is their sworn duty to ensure that the spirits of the dead are laid to rest, that the spirits in the world around her are at ease and that the shrine she lives her life under does not fall into disrepair or decay (custodian duties, donation box, etc.). Mind you that this judgment is based losely off of what was presented in SlaveMaker (the exorcist part, mostly) and what little I know of mikos, so, please, nobody hold it against me for how wrong this description sounds. T~T

alasdair69 wrote:As far as Management Styles go, I think two things should be made mention of. Both are pretty obvious but after some of the stuff that's been submitted to me I've come to realize that obvious can't compete with oblivious. Anyway, the first is that the stat bonuses referred to in several of them work just like they do now, the stat itself doesn't increase but it's considered to be higher than it really is when determining the affects of the day's actions. The second is that, since Types and Themes and Traits are undergoing so much reworking a lot of those Management Styles will probably end up being changed or removed or replaced as well, so the final list may not even resemble the current one.

Okay, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any changes to that list.

alasdair69 wrote:Adventurous... You know, I've never really been clear on what exactly was meant by "increases the likelihood of unique encounters" or whatever it was Final Fantasy Theme was supposed to do, especially since it's only the main goddess who Takes a Walk in my game model anyway. My version of this (and yes, I thought of almost the exact same thing some time ago but just put the finishing touches on it the other day) is a little different and, I think anyway, a little more intriguing in it's possibilities: "Adventurous: Not content to just lay around all day, some girls have to get out and look for some excitement, whether that means crawling down a tunnel with a knife in their teeth to search for hidden treasure or just wandering around and trying to meet interesting people. Effect: Small random chance each day that the girl will access the Take A Walk feature on her own and will not work that day. At end of day, a summary of her adventure will be given and any positive or negative results listed. "

Yeah, it was a pretty vague Theme, originally, and it didn't make much more sense the way I put it. What I was thinking when I made it was that it would alter the encounter tables for the area that the Building was in to increase the chances of getting a non-generic event to occur if you walked there. The interpretation you provided sounds a lot more fun ("Where were you? You were supposed to be cleaning, today!" "I know, but you won't believe what happened to me today!").

alasdair69 wrote:Cat Girl... Oh, I knew this was going to come up eventually. Do you have any idea how much thought I've put into trying to figure out how to include the Cat Girl Theme in a game that now has actual cat girls in it? My first attempt was this: "The people of Mioya have always been obsessed with the bakemono that live in the deepest parts of the country’s forests, especially the cats, and this has given rise to a special class of slave and prostitute who attempt to reproduce their sexual magnetism and sheer erotic allure. This can mean anything from attaching a tail and cat ears, to painting on a nose and ending all of their sentences with “-nya”, to their every waking (and occasionally even sleeping) action being done in a slinky, feline manner. These artificial Cat Girls are hugely popular and universally desired, and they know it," and the affect was to attract a lot more customers. But then Types took over the customer attraction aspect and I wasn't sure what to do from there, even considering making it a Trait like you did. My recent thinking on the matter has been to add rabbits into the mix in order to play off the Japanese/American nekomimi/Playboy bunny fixations and the cat and bunny suits from SlaveMaker (possible accessory tie-in there) but then what? Should there be a Bunny Girl to match the Cat Girl or should they be combined into one? Should it/they be considered a Theme or a Trait? What affects would it/they have? I think this one definitely calls for further thought and discussion.

Had I been aware that SimBrothel was also made by the creator of SlaveMaker, I might have made that (very reasonable) connection, earlier. :/ Anyway, yeah, this will require some discussion.

alasdair69 wrote:Detached... Emo... The scary thing about this is that I was just thinking the other day there should be a Trait like Detached, although perhaps playing up the seemingly emotionless 'outsider looking in' angle instead of the 'I've given up on life' angle that I don't think anyone would find attractive. And Emo was probably the absolute worst possible name for me to use anyway since I have only the vaguest of ideas what emo is actually supposed to be all about or how to recognize it. I should have trusted my first instincts and stuck with Gothic because that's what I was going for, the Elvira, the Morticia, the Deadgirl Superstar, the hot goth chick wishing us "pleasant nightmares" in a sultry voice as we leave to go home.

I know all too well what 'emo' is supposed to be (I've always had some tendencies and I was a 'full emo' for three years of my life; needless to say, it sucked really bad). I might need to rework the names I've put for Detached and Inclusive, but, otherwise, I think they can be kept. Also, I'm guessing you're considering adding a Gothic Type, now (I can already see quite a few girls qualifying for it, so it's plausible)?

alasdair69 wrote:Excellent Reputation... Friendly... Happiness... Obedient... Tough... I'm not sure exactly what the point of this rewrite was except that you've got the customers being drawn to the building she's in instead of to her, the logic of which I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain this one to me, please?

Well... You put at least two fairly descriptive sentences and such for the Themes you posted, whereas the Trait descriptions were all given one simplified sentence... Color me writefag (since I probably am one, anyway :/), but I thought you might have liked having a little more in the descriptions. In retrospect, though, I'm starting to think that it made me seem like a complete ass. :S

alasdair69 wrote:Exhibitionist... Wait, let me guess. You made the language of this one more florid to justify the significant gain in experience points for Charisma, back when you still thought there was such a thing as experience points for Charisma, am I right? LOL

Well, no, actually. I was just trying to think of what exactly might be going through the head of an Exhibitionist for the description (there's no doubt that it was also to justify the experience gain), and the 'signficant gain in experience' I was basing off of how Exhibitionist worked out in the first game (gaining 4 points in Charisma per day is a significant increase in my book, and, with Exhibitionist being defined as a high-tier Charisma gain Trait, it opens up the Trait list to allow some lower-tier ideas; in the event that no such ideas come about, it could always just be downgraded *shrug*).

alasdair69 wrote:Experience... Nope, didn't see a thing. Wink

"Didn't see a thing wrong with it" or "didn't see a thing?" <.<

alasdair69 wrote:Inclusive... This is a really good idea, albeit oddly named and overly depressingly written (note to Vava: games should be fun *nods*). Once we make it sound a little less like a suicide note I don't have any problem including it.

This was basically one of my 'making special qualities into generic Traits so that other characters might possess it' moments (in the case of Rei's Joy gain deficiency from the first game). As for the description and the name, even, I wasn't exactly sure what to call it or how to word it (being an 'emo writefag' certainly didn't help me, either T~T). The point I was trying to get across was that the girl in question has trouble discerning when she's feeling something and what she's feeling, and that, as a result, her Morale would be hindered. I'm certain there's a better word to name it (which would in turn produce better words to describe it), but I'm not sure just what that word would be.

alasdair69 wrote:Limber... I really like this one, especially since now I don't have to try to figure out how to work Limber in. Smile

Glad I could help? <.<

alasdair69 wrote:Professional Pickpocket... "And passes the savings on to you!" Sorry, not really sure why I thought of some kind of commercial when I read that. LOL At any rate, I assume this is your take on Yuffie's special ability and it makes sense but will there really be enough girls that it would apply to to warrant making it a Trait? I just figured it would be a special extra like it is now since I'm trying to give all the girls one anyway.

All the girls will have their own special abilities?!? SWEET! Now I can give Udonge the ability to manipulate wavelengths. >:3 As for Professional Pickpocket, perhaps it could remain a Trait (since I'm fairly certain it could apply to quite a few girls) while Yuffie could instead be a Legendary Pickpocket, allowing her to steal... <.< >.> ... significantly more gold for you. *ducks*

alasdair69 wrote:Rest... Another good idea and yet another Theme or Trait that I don't have to wrack my brain figuring out how to work in, considering there's no more Health to recover.

Kay.

alasdair69 wrote:Smile... Wait a minute, did I somehow miss Smile on the list of Themes I gave you guys? I apologize if I did, I'm not sure why it wasn't on there. If it had been though, it would have looked something like this: "Smile: A good smile is the first thing most people notice, and it’s the most important thing in dealing with other people. Whether they catch your enthusiasm, trust in your composure or just wonder what the hell you’re up to, you’ll certainly make an impression. Effect: More Reputation gained, increased frequency of compliments and tips from customers and greater chance of a girl being asked to model."

O.O Da-amn, that's a potent Trait.

alasdair69 wrote:Splendid Body... The over the top wording of the description notwithstanding, the wording of the effect is kind of ... weird. Charisma is one of the things that affect customer appreciation but this makes it sound like ... you know, I'm not real sure what this makes it sound like. scratch

And that's my cue to stop rewording already acceptable descriptions.

Now to apply all these changes to the thread on the other forum while providing yet another one of my 'sorry for posting the wrong information' apologies. :S Oh well, things should prove to be more interesting, at least, so no complaints from me.

Oh, and so it's not overlooked, someone posted another Trait idea on the thread that I think can be incorporated, somehow.
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 22nd 2010, 11:29 am

*noticed Loup's long list of girls*

I feel lazy, now; I've only converted five of my girls, so far. :<

Oh, well. The introduction of Special abilities is going to be fun with the Touhou girls. >:3
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 22nd 2010, 12:08 pm

I am sorry I made you feel lazy... I had nothing better to do. Besides, I just slapped that together with a lot of copy/paste. The thing that is gonna take me time is working on team player pics. All save one or two of the games I am using has harem scenes... and the new game is gonna have different screen size... so I am gonna need to make a LOT of pics.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 22nd 2010, 7:43 pm

Loup Garou wrote:Note that this is just the first editing. There will probably be changes. And there are a few new pieces defined in some of the characters. But it has to start somewhere.
Shocked Good gods, man! Oh well ... *rolls up sleeves* ... nothing for it but to do it, I suppose. Heavy hangs the head that wears the crown and all that. king

Loup Garou wrote:Special: Limitation to Team player. Only with ...
Two things: first, this sort of limitation to Team Player isn't exactly a special attribute it's more like the natural order of things as each one only has a few other girls at most (typically only one) that they can team with. When suggesting the Trait for someone all you have to do is add who they can team with in parentheses or something. Second, day-um that's a lot of Team Players! I know they're all from h-games and those typically have at least one group or harem route you can access, but the vast majority of the girl/customer interactions is still supposed to be one on one. To put it into perspective v2 had 4 Team Players out of 117 girls, which adds up to about three and a half percent. Your 51 Team Players already make up approximately five percent of the 1000 girl goal, which isn't that bad until you start thinking about what other girls we might want to assign it to. Don't get me wrong though, if there's any reason at all to suggest it and there are pics to back it up then by all means do so. I'm just saying they might not all end up with it in the final analysis for balance reasons, you know?

Loup Garou wrote:Theme: Bouncer (Keeps customers from getting out of hand. Effect: Raises girls’ morale and lowers house repair costs. There is some early loss of customers, but those are just the bad apples. In time customer numbers come back to normal.) (I know… you have Empowered… which is similar, but that is overall protective… bouncer is thinking more about girl protection)
This is a really neat and well thought out Theme, I'm just not sure it's strictly necessary. You're right in citing the differences between Empowered and Bouncer but what you're not taking into consideration (mostly because it hasn't really been discussed in very much detail) is the ability to hire security that came about as part of the competing brothels mechanic. So the aspect of tossing guys out on their ass is covered, but I still like the idea of some girls being more protective of their fellow girls than others, whether as a Theme or Trait or whatever.

Loup Garou wrote:Management: Health Practitioner. (Keeps clients and girls healthy, which also raises Constitution and Morale)
With Health having been removed I'm not sure how this would work. Also, while general good health might cause a slight real Constitution increase it wouldn't generate the sort of ephemeral bonus that Management Styles create, which just leaves Morale and that's already covered by People Person.

Loup Garou wrote:Management: Stickler (Actually… she is active with ruler across knuckles if a girl goes bad…), Well Respected (Yes… that is 2 obedience bonuses… she motivates obedience THAT MUCH)
Hmm, sounds like we need a higher tier Obedience related Management Style then, huh?

Loup Garou wrote:Type: Student Nurse (like a nurse but with half the calories… and candy girl uniform)
For simplicity's sake, let's just say that candy stripers are also considered Nurses, okay?

Loup Garou wrote:Name: Akira Nagasaki (daughter of Maria.... sort of)
I have always wondered what that was supposed to mean. How exactly does one go about being 'sort of' someone's daughter? scratch

Loup Garou wrote:Management: Mafioso by blood (She is not in Mafia… but her father is… and fear by customers of retaliation for any damage done to the house keeps them from breaking ANYTHING)
I still have to wonder if the Don's little girl is going to prostitute herself why she isn't doing it for him, but that's beside the point. I think the general idea here is sound and has potential, but it would probably be better suited as a Theme than a Management Style, don't you think? I mean, it has nothing whatsoever to do with her level of skill or lack thereof in running operations or managing subordinates.

Loup Garou wrote:Trait(s): Experimental (Or something like that. There are pics of her being.. a food tray, giving new meaning to the term “Eat me.”)
The Japanese term for this is Nyotaimori but in the West it's commonly referred to as 'Body Sushi' and it's already in the game, actually. The various building upgrades will themselves be upgradable and one of the upgrades for the Kitchen allows the ability to host body sushi parties.

Loup Garou wrote:Management: Multitasker, Accountant (If there is limitation, those are written in order of importance)
Each girl will have only one Management Style and since they're always active the program needs to know what affect each girl would have if made leader of a brothel so every girl will have one. Don't worry though, there will probably be one that provides no benefits or penalties of any kinds, effectively being the same as not having one at all.

Loup Garou wrote:Type: Musician (non-sexual entertainment of customers…)
Musician is covered under Entertainer, but it's still good to make note of exactly what sort of entertainment she specializes in.

Loup Garou wrote:Type: Waitress
I actually thought about including Waitress, but it basically boils down into two things: wearing a cool outfit with an apron and being servile, both of which are already pretty well covered by Maid.

Loup Garou wrote:Management: Artist (Dance)
Theme: Tease (dance)
Artist was just a name I picked out of a hat to describe a Management Style that provided certain benefits and Tease is a catch-all for specializing in non-sexual entertainment. If she's that good a dancer or does it that much she would have the Entertainer Type.

Loup Garou wrote:Trait(s): Lactating (her pics show her lactation…. A lot…)
Yeah ... no. As we've already established, lactation falls into the same category as bondage, gangbangs, etc as being just a bit too left field.

Loup Garou wrote:Leadership: Cost of daily repairs of house is cut in half (She will kick the ass of ANYONE doing damage)
I'm assuming this is just an explanation/justification for giving her the Housekeeper Management Style?

Loup Garou wrote:Type: Smoker… (I know, I know… but she does…)
Heh, nice try. LOL

Loup Garou wrote:Trait(s): Cross Hitter
I just know I'm going to regret asking this, but what exactly is a 'Cross Hitter'? Is that sort of like someone being 'Tri-Sexual' because they'll 'Tri' anything? *snork*

Loup Garou wrote:Special: Obedience has nothing to do with her client policy. She will fuck ALL customers, and she will have 4 per day. After all, she fucks like a rabbit.
Between Fran and Reisen and Tewi and gods know who else with big floppy ears, I really should have expected that joke to come up at some point. LOL

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next