Sim Brothel v2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so... hows the progress so far?

4 posters

Go down

so... hows the progress so far? Empty so... hows the progress so far?

Post  Joshua April 28th 2010, 5:19 pm

im just wondering if there has been any update in terms of if anything is moving along or have we come to a halt?
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

so... hows the progress so far? Empty Re: so... hows the progress so far?

Post  alasdair69 April 29th 2010, 1:04 am

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, I'd kind of reached a stumbling block in that in order to go any further with the part I was working on I needed a clearer understanding of the kinds of girls that were available for inclusion. After completely reorganizing my sucking quagmire of a filing system, unleashing the hounds (that would be you guys Wink ) to round up new girls and then crawling my way out from under the nigh-biblical deluge that followed I have the info I needed and can get back to work. I have to rebuild the Types/Themes/Traits dynamic, finish the personal and building Upgrades and Accessories, design four completely different ranking systems and put together all my disparate thoughts on summoning and Take a Walk. I know that sounds like a lot but 90% of the groundwork for each is already laid out, all I have to do is put the pieces together in a way that makes sense.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua April 29th 2010, 8:36 pm

ah well i was just wondering, i have been looking for more girls, however since i have been unable to find a suitable umber of pics i havent posted lately (looking for those obscure overlooked types.)
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou April 29th 2010, 11:08 pm

How to put the pieces together in a way that makes sense:

Step 1) make sure all pieces are right side up.

Step 2) Find all 4 corners and the straight edge pieces.

Step 3) build the frame with those pieces.

Oh wait.... we are not talking about jigsaw puzzles, are we?

But enough of the joke... Alasdair.... if you need to do any brainstorming with that last 10%, let me know. My programming sucks, but I am good at figuring out stories and characters.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Raed May 1st 2010, 6:08 pm

I really only have once concern, and that is: if we're using 1000 girls, and each girl has at least 5 images, (3 working, the 80x80, and their main) and an image size is about 100kb. (Give or take, some are larger, some are smaller), then this game will come out to be about half a GB on images alone. Or at least as far as I know.

What I'm getting at is, is there way to have all these images without taking up so much space?
Raed
Raed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou May 1st 2010, 7:26 pm

I am guessing on this, but I think the pictures are kept in sbg files which are something like... 55 kb each (I am using the c# data...). If that is just character data, then the pics are in the game itself.. and that is only 1.5 megs... more or less. Where it is actually keeping all the pics in Java, I don't know but c# is storing it somewhere pretty compacted. The entire set of folders and files (for newest version.. the one with street encounters) is 20.2 mb... and that is 100+ girls... 1000 would be, if one can extrapolate, 200 megs... more or less.

But hey... my programming knowledge is, to say the least, limited. So I have no idea if Java would need more, less, or about the same number of megs as c# to work the program.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum