Sim Brothel v2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going for a walk...

2 posters

Go down

Going for a walk... Empty Going for a walk...

Post  Loup Garou April 10th 2010, 2:13 am

This is an old suggestion for a walk story, but 1) I don't know how to write these programs and 2) I am better at throwing out ideas for others to figure out than developing programs.

I am assuming that you will be having a random chance when taking a walk in which nothing happens..... no new encounters. I am thinking that... sometimes nothing is something, you just didn't notice. If you were watching, you would note that 10-200 golds just vanished. On other occasions that girl may actually bump in to you while picking your pocket. And on those times, you can try to catch her (don't ask me how this works... my programming knowledge is... limited.. 8-)... ). If you catch her, you find a street urchin... a girl with Lolita and Tough skills (she would probably have low charisma and little sexual experience). You offer to help her get off the streets and live a better life. She may resist you this time... but next time, she is hungry.. cold... needs a place. This can be done with a single girl, or a number of them could be created. It would cost nothing directly to hire her, but she has already picked your pocket a number of times... so that money payed for her.

Added note: To determine if she will come with you or not, it should be something like a dice roll based on your char's charisma (with the possibility of the girl getting a "save" roll based, inversely, on her obedience. e.g. random number generated from 1-100. If the number is less than your charisma, you influence her [char is 80, roll is 65, it works]. Her resistance -- she has 30 obedience, so she has a 70% chance of resisting and the computer generates a 34... While you influence her, she still decided to leave. If, on the other hand, she rolls a 99... your influence captures her spirit and she decides that... it is time to follow this woman and get a warm bed and equally warm food.)
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Going for a walk... Empty Re: Going for a walk...

Post  Joshua April 10th 2010, 9:39 am

that isnt really hard at all, its just a simple use of the random number generator, the thing though, is what value is good enough for a success understand?

for example, you use the RNG, it gives you 24, is 24 good enough? or do you for example need to get a value above 60, oh and the rang of the generator can be set to anything, so it could only generat 1s or 2s if you want it to, or 1 - 200000.
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou April 10th 2010, 12:13 pm

All of the numbers generated would be 1-100... just as the skill values are. The player's char's charisma is the "attack" skill. The npc's obedience (inverted) is the "defense."

But before the girl can be convinced to join you, you need to actually notice her and catch her. The first girl has a "thief skill" of 40. If the random number generator (1-100) is below 40, she gets the money and gets away. If it is 41-60, the player notices someone has bumped into them but who ever nudged them vanished into the crowd (no money is lost, the girl reached into the wrong pocket). 61-100, the player turns to see the girl removing her hand from the player's pocket. Player is given a choice: let her go or chase her down. If player chooses the later, it becomes a constitution v. constitution roll (who can out-run the other). If player rolls under constitution and npc does not, npc is caught. If player misses constitution roll, npc's roll is meaningless because the player has a cramp in a leg muscle and the npc gets away. If both roll under constitutions, the character with the better constitution wins. If both roll under and have equal constitutions, the one with the lowest roll wins. If constitutions are equal and rolls are equal, the npc will win.

If there are more pickpocket girls, the next girl is a better pickpocket (thief - 45) and is harder to detect. And the next is better... and so on... till the last girl. She has a 95% skill... there is no "noticing a bump but seeing no one near by" (by now, you understand pickpockets well enough to know what to look for)... 96-100 rolled and you notice the thief.

Last... I still have NO experience with writing these programs so I am an idea kinda guy... not a programmer... 8-) Added to that, I have no source for street urchins. A source is needed for names and pics.
Loup Garou
Loup Garou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum