Sim Brothel v2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Some General Discussion Stuff

Go down

Just Some General Discussion Stuff Empty Just Some General Discussion Stuff

Post  Vava April 7th 2013, 11:36 pm

Alright, so after a long, quiet bout of unhelpful lurking, dealing with a <sarcasm>busy</sarcasm> schedule, and a lack of critical inspiration, I believe it's about time that I threw out some ideas that have been within my head. I don't know if anyone other than Al will respond to these, or if they're even worth reading, frankly, but I still want to present them.

So, one thing I had been thinking about was the exact, mechanical function that Assistants would play in the game, or, rather, how they would perform it as opposed to the normal Girls. By this, I mean that I feel as if Assistants should have some distinct advantage when it comes to performing their duties. One idea was to make it so that regular Girls could not improve upon these secondary skills, but Assistants could. Another idea was to give Assistants much higher values in these skills or to have higher potentials or even both.

This all invariably led to myself wondering what all of these secondary skills should be in the first place. I understand that we have often discussed about giving Girls assignments other than "sex," but I don't think it was ever really clarified just what these tasks would be or how we would determine who was best at what. I don't know how many of these secondary, non-sexual skills we should include (as the real focus of the game is the brothel, itself), but I feel that proposing some candidates wouldn't be out of the question, either. These aren't perfect suggestions, but they're something, I suppose.

• Advertise: Attracts more Customers
• Bartend: Small gold gain and slight bonus to Obedience
• Cooking: Small gold gain and slight bonus to Morale
• Perform: Improves chances of receiving tips
• Security: Prevents injuries to Girls and stops runaway attempts

Anyway, there are a few more things drifting around in my head, but, for the sake of gathering my thoughts and not submitting a massive wall of text, I'll cut this post short right here and see how it goes.
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Just Some General Discussion Stuff Empty Re: Just Some General Discussion Stuff

Post  Vava April 26th 2013, 12:37 pm

Less lurking, more posting. That's what I should be doing.

So, another thing I've been really wanting to do is to expand upon the list of Traits that we have for girls. Now, I may be using terminology that isn't readily understandable or sensible, so I think I'll first explain something that was introduced in the first installment of SimBrothel, but removed from the second.

When playing SimBrothel, one of the first noticeable things when viewing the statistics of any of your girls is the Abilities tab, located on the righthand side just underneath their Rank, which shows a list of various qualities that the individual Girl possesses at that time. When I first started playing around with the game, I was uncertain as to how Girls obtained Abilities; I had no way of knowing if there were prerequisites, if they were randomly assigned, and many other things like that, so I continued to toy with it. After hours of messing around, I was able to conclude many things about Abilities.

Firstly, and this goes without saying, Abilities in the first game could not be activated unless a Girl had the appropriate amount of AP (which I think stood for Ability Points). A Girl was only able to gain AP by successfully working so many days, gaining AP faster or slower depending on the difficulty of the game (Easy gave 1 AP every 3 days, Normal gave 1 AP every 6 days, and Hard gave 1 AP every 9 days); there was a Monthly Joker that was supposed to provide AP to your Girls, but it never worked. With enough AP accumulated, a Girl could activate or deactivate one or more of her available Abilities. Abilities always cost the same amount of AP to activate regardless of who possessed them (Shy always cost 2 AP, Obedience always cost 10, etc.).

The next quality of Abilities that I wanted to test was how they were acquired. After playing the game enough, I found that every Girl had her own set of predetermined Abilities that she would always have. However, in order for a Girl to obtain any of her Abilities, she needed to be a certain Rank, ranging from 1 (the starting Rank, Kirisame (Almost beggar)) to 8 (the highest Rank, Tayu (Legend)). Multiple Girls could all share one or more Abilities, but they would only obtain them after meeting a Rank specifically tied to those Abilities (Maid was always obtained at Rank 2, Experience was always obtained at Rank 5, etc.). Many Abilities, such as Smart and Tough, could also be taught to Girls who didn't normally get them. However, this required that she still have the appropriate Rank and that she attend one of the various Schools in the game, and even then the chance of learning the Ability was still random and not guaranteed.

Anyway, that concludes the most likely unnecessary history lesson. I say "most likely" because Traits, while they currently will fill a similar role, will not function just like Abilities did, but I'll get to that in my next post. I'm still kinda groggy at the moment.
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava April 29th 2013, 5:14 pm

Alright, so, time to finish the rambling I had started. As I last mentioned, Traits will function somewhat differently from the way that Abilities did in the first SimBrothel. Rather than require AP to activate or deactivate them, Traits will always be active when a Girl has them. I do not know how they were originally intended to be acquired, but I am under the impression that a Girl will obtain Traits whenever she reaches an appropriate Rank, again similar to how Abilities were obtained. As such, if you ever see me label a Trait as being "Rank X," that means that I feel the Trait I am describing should be made accessible once a Girl reaches the Xth Rank. The more I consider it, though, the more I believe this doesn't have to be the case, either. Barring those that might require some sort of special event or the like, a Girl could just as easily start off with every Trait she is assigned. It wouldn't be hard to balance out their effects to keep them from being too underwhelming or overwhelming, and even then I had been considering pricing Girls based on what Traits they would have in the first place.

In any case, I still want to expand upon the list of Traits, and I wanted to start with some ideas that I had brainstormed a long time ago and never proposed. I had always wanted to suggest a set of "bad" Traits, their purpose being to provide a penalty to one of their stats. Of course, I do not mean for the penalty to be especially bad; just enough that you can notice their effect upon their growth and performance.

Blunt: The girl does not easily grasp proper etiquette and conduct. Effect: This girl gains Refinement at a reduced rate.
Chaste: The girl is reluctant to expand upon her "skills." Effect: This girl gains Sex at a reduced rate.
Scary: The girl seems to promote a sense of unease. Effect: This girl gains Charisma at a reduced rate.

I know these are arbitrary and most certainly unnecessary, but I'm throwing them out there, anyway. As much as I'd like to try and suggest more, I first need to know if we're still expanding upon Traits or if we're going to leave them where they currently are at this time.
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum