Sim Brothel v2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bagnio Rivalry

2 posters

Go down

Bagnio Rivalry Empty Bagnio Rivalry

Post  fred u derf November 22nd 2011, 12:01 am

A small project I have been working on (but not so much lately) involving competing brothel madams. It is VERY sketchy at the moment, is it worth working on further?

see the PDF under BagnioRivalry

Thanks for your input!

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

Back to top Go down

Bagnio Rivalry Empty Re: Bagnio Rivalry

Post  Vava November 26th 2011, 1:48 am

Sorry for not responding quickly. If it helps, I even answered the little question section (as best I could, at least).

A) I'm not sure what Al's been thinking, but I'm picturing maybe two phases in each day. There would be the first half of the day, which I guess would mostly comprise of Walks, making purchases, selling and whatever else you may be able to do. The second half of the day, I guess, would be last minute changes to the work scheduling and maybe performing some (if not all) of the actions allowed in the previous part of the day, with the catch being that every girl involved in actions other than working during the second half will not have the opportunity to work for that day.

B) I... don't think I understand this part...

C) Well... I don't know. I mean, you've already mentioned what should definitely not be altered and I know that those elements should be left alone, but I'm not entirely sure what else needs to be 100% certain and unchangeable with the game engine. I can try to put together a thorough list of what I personally think would be necessary.

D) Quests will be included, but I'm not 100% sure on how Quests are to be initiated and finished (it'll probably largely be done on a case-by-case basis). This is definitely something that should be open to discussion, since event ideas haven't been looked into in detail just yet.

E) Maybe... I guess it all depends on how we decide Loaning should or should not work. I don't think it would be a necessary feature, though, so it's best not to stress over it too much.

F) Certainly sounds like a useful feature, and 1 and 2 both sound like good choices. As for how Health/Morale works on its own and in conjunction with the display pictures... We'll figure it out.

G) My sense of ascetics is pretty bad and I don't know anyone with graphic design experience, so I don't think I can help with this.

H) I'm in agreement with you and vote for the latter as well. I know that it will prove harder for those who want to translate, but being able to change individual plug-ins without affecting the entirety of the code sounds like the proper way to go.

Anyway, I think that the engine looks promising so far, and it would most certainly serve as a good resource for developing CPU AIs. Although, the one thing I need to ask about, right now, is in regards to Customers. Is the currently proposed idea assuming that all Customers are unique, or that only some of the Customers are unique?
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  fred u derf November 28th 2011, 5:30 pm

Thanks for reading the document, I appreciate your feedback.

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum