Suggesting Girls

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  alasdair69 on April 30th 2010, 11:37 pm

897, broken down as follows:
112 already in game,
421 for whom most or all pictures are assembled (a lot are missing headshots),
176 works in progress,
60 for which sufficient acceptable pics could not be found, and
128 suggestions for whom, to my knowledge, pic-mining has not yet been attempted.

Bear in mind that several of those won't be making it into the game for whatever reason, but that's still an assload of girls. And not a skinny little Calista Flockhart assload either, we're talking a big ol' J-Lo assload here. So to all you people who thought 1000 girls was an unrealistic goal, I say only this: Razz Very Happy LOL

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Posts : 199
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Vava on May 1st 2010, 1:11 pm

Hmmm... I have a few questions that I'd like answered:

1) Other than having sufficient acceptable 'work' pictures, what will determine if a girl will be kept or discarded?

2) Will there be some sort of limiting factor to the number of girls who will be allowed in?

3) In the event that a girl lacks the minimal number of 'work' pictures, but still has plenty of acceptable artwork available, can she be suggested as an assistant?

Vava

Posts : 165
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 1st 2010, 7:29 pm

HEY.... I know ALL my girls have headshots.... so it's not MY fault. 8-)

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  alasdair69 on May 1st 2010, 8:03 pm

Vava wrote:1) Other than having sufficient acceptable 'work' pictures, what will determine if a girl will be kept or discarded?
Well, unless something weird comes up on a case-by-case basis, there are only three things I can think of that would rule someone out, the first being that the girl herself is unacceptable for whatever reason. I weeded out all the Western animation and underage girls already but there are still a few non-unique characters on my master list (which is where the numbers I cited came from), such as the Munak, Succubus and Isis from Ragnarok Online. The second is niche limitations. There are certain types of girls for which we need a specific finite number but more than that are available; for instance we need exactly 12 nuns but full pics are assembled for 14, which means that 2 of them are going to have to be left out. The last thing is balance. If there are 1000 girls and 800 of them all have the same Theme, then that Theme is going to be way too easy to spam the hell out of and all the rest are going to be next to impossible to implement.

Vava wrote:2) Will there be some sort of limiting factor to the number of girls who will be allowed in?
As it stands right now, 1000 girls is both the goal and the limit. It’s enough to fill every brothel in all four wards to absolute capacity and still have a huge supply of spares for each category (regular girls you can hire, girls who offer their services to you, girls awarded for completing missions, Slave Market girls, Take a Walk girls, etc.) to ensure maximum replay value. Anything beyond that and you run the risk of having to play the game 50 or 60 times to see any given girl.

Vava wrote:3) In the event that a girl lacks the minimal number of 'work' pictures, but still has plenty of acceptable artwork available, can she be suggested as an assistant?
Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, not so much. The whole assistants thing came about because
A) there were three underage girls already in the game and people kept submitting more for inclusion even after it was widely declared that we were taking out the other three,
B) a couple of people suggested being able to train a girl as an assistant like in SlaveMaker, and
C) in the Yoshiwara prostitute quarter that the game was originally based on the higher ranking courtesans had child apprentices who learned the craft under them until they were old enough to take it up themselves.
The upswing is that the assistants are all underage girls, so if there’s a particular little tyke that you want to see included she could be fit in there but older girls wouldn’t work. That doesn’t mean that all hope is lost though. There are already two girls that I wanted to include but who didn’t have pic the first, so I found someplace else to squeeze them in so they’d at least have a cameo. If there’s someone you’re especially set on too, we can probably work something out, just not as an assistant if she’s over 10 or so. I hope that helps.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Posts : 199
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  alasdair69 on May 1st 2010, 8:12 pm

Loup Garou wrote:HEY.... I know ALL my girls have headshots.... so it's not MY fault. 8-)
Yeah, and they're about the only ones that do. *snork* 90% of the girls thus far assembled were put together by me before the release that had headshots in it so I didn't include them and I haven't really bothered to do so with any of the ones I've assembled since either. That type of 'drivers license photo headshot' image is practically nonexistent anywhere I could find and I frankly don't have the skills or tools to make them myself, so I figured I'd worry about the more critical stuff and let someone who knows what they're doing with PhotoShop (or even has it, for that matter) whip up the headshots later. *shrug*

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Posts : 199
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 1st 2010, 8:25 pm

Why does Nun need to be cut off at 12? Does 14 create a problem? With 1000 girls in game, having a few extra nuns would not be bad. But if you HAVE to remove, I know that one char I presented with Nun skill is not a nun... Yuna Igarashi from I'm Gonna Nurse You 2 (I stated in summery of the characters: "For those confused... Yuna and Maria [the nun in IGNY2] are both a mixture of Nun and Nurse. If you played the game and got to the harem end, you would see that, at one point, the two switch roles.")

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 1st 2010, 8:28 pm

If you need a hand with headshots... rem... I got all the ones in game, so... I have a little exp there. You send me a list of names (and origin.. so I get the right girl) and I can make head shots.

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:Suggesting Girls

Post  alasdair69 on May 1st 2010, 10:42 pm

Loup Garou wrote:Why does Nun need to be cut off at 12? Does 14 create a problem? With 1000 girls in game, having a few extra nuns would not be bad. But if you HAVE to remove, I know that one char I presented with Nun skill is not a nun... Yuna Igarashi from I'm Gonna Nurse You 2 (I stated in summery of the characters: "For those confused... Yuna and Maria [the nun in IGNY2] are both a mixture of Nun and Nurse. If you played the game and got to the harem end, you would see that, at one point, the two switch roles.")
Nuns need to be cut off at 12 because of the specific niche they fill in the game: they’re part of the system in place to replace Joker girls. The first three missions for each sister will result in nuns, the next three in valkyries and the next three in angels (of which we’re about a quart low, btw, so that’s one type of girl we could actually use some more of), which means nine of each type in each playthrough plus three more of each as extras/spares to promote replay. As for Yuna I’ll be honest with you, if and when the time comes to start cutting girls I figure the ones from h-games will be the first to go anyway. My reasoning is the same as I’ve said before: the game is about the characters, they’re what give it that ‘holy shit’ factor, and I just think the ones from more mainstream games, anime and manga will be recognizable to more people and have a broader appeal. That doesn’t mean they’ll be cut out for no reason of course, but if a choice has to be made between girls, that’s going to be a contributing factor.

Loup Garou wrote:If you need a hand with headshots... rem... I got all the ones in game, so... I have a little exp there. You send me a list of names (and origin.. so I get the right girl) and I can make head shots.
You read my mind, brother. I’d already planned on getting with you about doing that very thing eventually, I’ve just been focused on more pressing matters at the moment. Since you brought it up though, I’d appreciate it if you could provide another download link for the preexisting headshots you’ve already done since the original one expired sometime during the Reagan administration. LOL Also, since I’m off work the next three days (Yes, three days off in a row. And since my kids are going back to their mother’s tomorrow, I plan to spend one of them in a nice warm coma and the other two tweaking on SimBro with the wild abandon of an alcoholic in a brewery.) I’m going to try to neaten up my master list a little and post new lists of who’s ready, who’s in the process, who’s hopeless and who’s been neglected thus far. Then you can start headshotting to your heart's content.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Posts : 199
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 1st 2010, 11:29 pm

As for Yuna I’ll be honest with you, if and when the time comes to start cutting girls I figure the ones from h-games will be the first to go anyway. My reasoning is the same as I’ve said before: the game is about the characters, they’re what give it that ‘holy shit’ factor, and I just think the ones from more mainstream games, anime and manga will be recognizable to more people and have a broader appeal.

I guess my girls are very expendable, since h-games are my major source... 8-). I was just saying you can simply remove nun from her styles because, technically, she is not a nun.

I’d appreciate it if you could provide another download link for the preexisting headshots you’ve already done since the original one expired sometime during the Reagan administration.

I will send you the address for the new collection as soon as I upload it. I gotta make sure I get... Blue?... What's her name... the one joker girl that I forgot in the original set... into the zip file. You will note that there are a few girls who have multiple headshots... so do most of my designed women... those are only there for choosing the preferred shot.

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 1st 2010, 11:53 pm

Alasdair, you have mail.

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Vava on May 2nd 2010, 12:03 pm

alasdair69 wrote:If there are 1000 girls and 800 of them all have the same Theme, then that Theme is going to be way too easy to spam the hell out of and all the rest are going to be next to impossible to implement.

Actually, all this could require is a simple redistribution of said Theme. I mean, some themes are more subjective to a person's individual perspective rather than hard evidence, so it would only make sense that some characters might have themes that don't really match them. At the same time, the current Themes will need to be reworked for balance reasons. I mean, Fire Emblem is a hell of a lot better than Tough. It's easier to acquire, provides a better stat increase, gives you more gold, and has more girls with possession of it. Not that the Touhou theme is balanced, itself, but really now. Although... I suppose that, in the long run, there won't be nearly as many in-game, since we're striving for 1000 and I'm fairly certain there aren't even 40 girls you could successfully incorporate from the series... Currently, anyway.

As for the assistant thing, I had been somewhat under the impression that it didn't necessarily mean 'geisha-in-training.' I had been kinda thinking that you could use some of the girls you hire not for earning money, but maintaining your buildings (cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc.). I mean, I don't think that all that takes place in the buildings is 'wham-bam, thank you, ma'am.' Assuming that the girls are essentially geisha, they would be almost required to provide a manner of entertainment and the arts (in addition to what this game intends for them to do). This would mean that the buildings they work in would possess much more than a bunch of separate rooms.

I was kind of thinking that every girl you hire would also have somewhere between one and three unique domestic skills, each with a fixed rating that can never increase or decrease. These skills would be able to perform a number different functions, such as attracting customers (I think this could become the replacement for how advertisement works in the current game), gaining building reputation or more gold, increasing the odds of customers being more 'satisfied,' etc. However, I can also understand that this function could also prove to be a hassle to program and/or take away from the main purpose of the game, so it need not be incorporated.

Anyway, the character I was thinking of was one of the Three Mischevious Fairies, Star Sapphire. The reason for this was because, while there were enough pictures for the other two fairies, I could only manage to find two suitable pictures for her. Since I didn't want to leave out one of the three or discard all of them, these were the ideas that came to mind:

--Star is made as an assistant-only character. Somewhat fitting for her, since she usually leaves the other two to deal with the consequences of their hijinks.
--The Three Mischevious Fairies are made into something akin to a piece of building equipment. With Luna's ability to manipulate sound, Sunny's ability to manipulate light, and Star's ability to detect moving objects, they could essentially be a powerful form of advertising. Although, this isn't exactly a fun idea, which led me to...
--The Three Mischevious Fairies are incorporated as one character, with one set of stats, themes, etc. Their 'work' pictures could consist of one or two each of the girls, swapping around randomly day-by-day to say which one of them worked. Or, better yet, they could still have the normal three limit, but every picture includes all of them (actually, I was able to find exactly three such pictures, and they're not that bad of quality, either).

Personally, I'm leaning towards the last suggestion of having them incorporated as one character right now, but I'd first like to hear what you think about it.

Lastly... Let's see... Mugshots... What size (pixel by pixel) are we thinking of using for them?

Vava

Posts : 165
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 2nd 2010, 3:36 pm

Mugshots: yeah... I am going to be taking care of that task like I did for the original girls (Alastair and I have had a discussion about that), but if you want to work on the pictures for your girls... a simple head shot reduced to a 80X80 pic is what is needed. If your graphic program can alter pic size, you will have no problem making the pics. The two things you will have to look out for are original picture area and quality. Area is important because you need to use a pic that has equal horizontal and vertical sizes (a square pic) because if you use a... 150 X 170, when you reduce it to 80X80 it will distort the picture. And quality... sometimes, a picture does not react well to being shrunk down that far.

As to Star... she is the one with the blue ribbon, right? You said you have 2. I found 4... there are variations in interpretation in the pics, but....






But hey.... I just did a little surfing and a little picture reshaping. Up to you if any are usable.

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Vava on May 2nd 2010, 4:10 pm

All I really have is the basic Paint program that comes with XP, but it shouldn't be too big of a hassle to work with.

Also... Those are pictures of Cirno.

This is Star:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/598326/absurdres-black_hair-bow-brown_eyes-hair_bow-highr

There's only one remotely qualifiable picture of her on the booru sites, pixiv only managed to yield one more, and g.e has pretty much nothing on her. Other than that, I wouldn't know where else to look. (I could try looking through JP artist sites, but that can be both tiring and disturbing... I'll give it a shot, I guess. <.<)

Vava

Posts : 165
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 2nd 2010, 4:23 pm

blue ribbon threw me for a loop... 8-)

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 2nd 2010, 4:43 pm

Oh... and as to Paint.... Most of my older pictures (including the headshots in game now) were made on Paint, so it is definitely functioning. You just have to be careful when you are shrinking the pictures to get down to 80X80. I am using ImageForge (which has a free version... I know.. I am using it). That program makes altering size of pic infinitely easier.... It gives me horizontal and vertical numbers... when I change one, the other alters to keep picture structure. With it, I can also rotate pictures, and it is not limited to 90 degree turns. I can rotate anything from 1 to 359 (or -1 to -359). If I could rem the homepage for the developers of ImageForge, I would tell you, but a quick internet surf will find it for you. You might wanna try it.

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  alasdair69 on May 3rd 2010, 3:17 am

Loup Garou wrote:I guess my girls are very expendable, since h-games are my major source... 8-). I was just saying you can simply remove nun from her styles because, technically, she is not a nun.
Oh, I knew what you meant, I was just using the opening you gave me to point something out to all concerned. And to be honest, I didn’t have Yuna categorized as a nun in the first place. Call me narrow-minded but to me one of the requirements for nun … ness ( Neutral nun-osity? Nun-itude?) is to actually look like a nun and all of her pics had her in the nurse outfit. *shrug*


Loup Garou wrote:I will send you the address for the new collection as soon as I upload it. I gotta make sure I get... Blue?... What's her name... the one joker girl that I forgot in the original set... into the zip file. You will note that there are a few girls who have multiple headshots... so do most of my designed women... those are only there for choosing the preferred shot.
Got it. Thanks a lot.


Vava wrote:Actually, all this could require is a simple redistribution of said Theme. I mean, some themes are more subjective to a person's individual perspective rather than hard evidence, so it would only make sense that some characters might have themes that don't really match them. At the same time, the current Themes will need to be reworked for balance reasons. I mean, Fire Emblem is a hell of a lot better than Tough. It's easier to acquire, provides a better stat increase, gives you more gold, and has more girls with possession of it.

I’ve mentioned this before but been fairly short on details, so I think it’s high time for another peek into my game model. Let’s be honest, Themes were broken. Girls had Themes that made no sense for them, there were Themes based on origin instead of character, Themes that provided comparable affects weren’t even close to being balanced, Themes duplicated one another with only tiny variations, the list goes on. So I seized on an idea from one of the earlier programmers to limit girls to only one Theme (whichever best suited that particular character) while bringing back the Traits from the first game, and folded in a ‘fetish system’ that was suggested by … somebody, I can’t remember who. The end result is that Themes as you knew them are no more, replaced with three different characteristics:
1) Type: This is the fetish system, basically every guy has certain sorts of women that he especially likes and dislikes and this generally forms trends within population groups; Lady Gaga may be hotter than a whore in church in California but in Twoblondes, South Dakota she’d be stoned as a witch. They can be loosely broken down into four categories: what a girl is (foreign, elf, demon, robot, etc), what she wears (maid, shrine maiden, schoolgirl, law enforcement, etc), what she does (celebrity, ninja, teacher, fighter, etc) and whatever else (waif, glasses girl, high class, bad girl, etc), and a girl can have as many Types as are applicable. The more of a neighborhood’s preferred Types a brothel has in residence the more customers it will attract and the more of a customer’s preferred Types a girl has the greater his satisfaction will be.
2) Theme: Each girl will probably have one Theme only (and a few may not even have that) and it will fit her like a glove. While Types draw in customers and increase their satisfaction Themes will focus on reducing costs and increasing the efficiency of operations, adding a much-needed element of strategy in trying to balance the two within each brothel. Note that neither Types nor Themes will increase stats, as that’s being done via an updated version of the ‘improve through work experience’ system of the original.
3) Traits: Just about anything else you can imagine, with about as much variance in affect but always on an individual level. Some will provide positive benefits, some will induce penalties and some are just plain weird.
Every single Trait from the first game and Theme from the second (except for the origin-based Themes like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy) will make an appearance somewhere as either a Type, Theme or Trait, along with pretty much everything that’s been suggested so far and plenty more from my fevered imagination.


Vava wrote:Not that the Touhou theme is balanced, itself, but really now. Although... I suppose that, in the long run, there won't be nearly as many in-game, since we're striving for 1000 and I'm fairly certain there aren't even 40 girls you could successfully incorporate from the series... Currently, anyway.
Actually, there are 57 with 12 more waiting in the wings in hopes of more pics. Kinda … scary … isn’t it?
*cues Lily White*
“Spring is here! DANMAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
*snork*


Vava wrote:As for the assistant thing, I had been somewhat under the impression that it didn't necessarily mean 'geisha-in-training.' I had been kinda thinking that you could use some of the girls you hire not for earning money, but maintaining your buildings (cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc.). I mean, I don't think that all that takes place in the buildings is 'wham-bam, thank you, ma'am.' Assuming that the girls are essentially geisha, they would be almost required to provide a manner of entertainment and the arts (in addition to what this game intends for them to do). This would mean that the buildings they work in would possess much more than a bunch of separate rooms.

I was kind of thinking that every girl you hire would also have somewhere between one and three unique domestic skills, each with a fixed rating that can never increase or decrease. These skills would be able to perform a number different functions, such as attracting customers (I think this could become the replacement for how advertisement works in the current game), gaining building reputation or more gold, increasing the odds of customers being more 'satisfied,' etc. However, I can also understand that this function could also prove to be a hassle to program and/or take away from the main purpose of the game, so it need not be incorporated.
Right, time for a clarification of terms. It’s my own fault, really. My game model was originally peppered liberally with Japanese words and phrases because A) those were the terms that came up in my research and B) I’ve watched enough anime and read enough manga to know what things like ‘bakemono’ and ‘oni’ and ‘miko’ and ‘noren’ mean. But, thinking that might not be true of everyone, I decided to localize it somewhat by substituting the nearest English equivalents and thus ‘kamuro’ became ‘assistants’ or, slightly more accurately, ‘apprentices’. Any time the word ‘assistants’ has come up in conversation, therefore, I’ve been mentally translating it as ‘kamuro’ (for which there really is no perfect English corollary) and applying it to the underage girls who serve and learn from a high ranking courtesan. I may have to start using ‘kamuro’ again just to help keep everything straight.

Anyway, there is presently nothing in place in my game model to allow for assistants other than kamuro, but both you and Raed have voiced some interesting ideas on the matter and we can probably work something out. In an earlier post, I said that there were two girls who I’d wanted to include but couldn’t find even one good work pic for so I found another way to slip them in. Both became … I don’t know … independent contractors, I suppose, who can help you improve your girls in various ways after you meet and befriend them while Taking a Walk. Those particular roles suited those particular girls perfectly so it was easy, but that won’t always be the case, so perhaps another, more generic, type of assistant is called for. Why don’t we brainstorm a little and see what we can come up with?


Vava wrote:Anyway, the character I was thinking of was one of the Three Mischevious Fairies, Star Sapphire. The reason for this was because, while there were enough pictures for the other two fairies, I could only manage to find two suitable pictures for her. Since I didn't want to leave out one of the three or discard all of them, these were the ideas that came to mind:

--Star is made as an assistant-only character. Somewhat fitting for her, since she usually leaves the other two to deal with the consequences of their hijinks.
--The Three Mischevious Fairies are made into something akin to a piece of building equipment. With Luna's ability to manipulate sound, Sunny's ability to manipulate light, and Star's ability to detect moving objects, they could essentially be a powerful form of advertising. Although, this isn't exactly a fun idea, which led me to...
--The Three Mischevious Fairies are incorporated as one character, with one set of stats, themes, etc. Their 'work' pictures could consist of one or two each of the girls, swapping around randomly day-by-day to say which one of them worked. Or, better yet, they could still have the normal three limit, but every picture includes all of them (actually, I was able to find exactly three such pictures, and they're not that bad of quality, either).

Personally, I'm leaning towards the last suggestion of having them incorporated as one character right now, but I'd first like to hear what you think about it.
I knew who you were talking about because I encountered the same problem with her and feel the same way you do about it. While placing her as some sort of non-kamuro assistant once we settle on the details for that would conceivably work, it still wouldn’t be optimal because the three wouldn’t be together and more so than any other grouping except perhaps the Prismriver Sisters they should be together. However, I’m not that keen on the idea of having a gestalt, tripartite entity serving as a single girl within a brothel, either. I can still see two choices though, barring finding that one last pic somewhere, that would enable them to function as a single unit:
1) They could all be assigned as a single non-kamuro assistant once all the details are worked out, possibly in the advertising field as you suggested, or
2) They could be a summons. I noticed some time ago that we had several summoners amongst the Final Fantasy girls, and the Fate/Stay Night, Persona, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh girls could conceivably qualify as well. And counting Rider, Saber, Dark Magician Girl and Shantae (a genie from an obscure GameBoy game), we have some girls who get summoned too. So I decided to incorporate a special attribute along the lines of Chii’s obedience or Motoko’s charisma that allows the summoners to summon the summoned, so to speak. I’m even thinking about having summons able to do things other than take customers, which would let me include Renamon and Krystal Fox (two characters so ridiculously popular among SimBrothel fans that they continually smash through the ‘suggest no furries’ boundary no matter how much it’s continually reinforced). I haven’t hammered out all the details yet, but it’s something to consider anyway.


Vava wrote:This is Star:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/598326/absurdres-black_hair-bow-brown_eyes-hair_bow-highr

There's only one remotely qualifiable picture of her on the booru sites, pixiv only managed to yield one more, and g.e has pretty much nothing on her. Other than that, I wouldn't know where else to look. (I could try looking through JP artist sites, but that can be both tiring and disturbing... I'll give it a shot, I guess. <.<)
Hrm. As I mentioned, I found two usable pics of her too, but I’m not familiar with this ‘pixiv’ you refer to so now I’m wondering if we found the same pics. Probably, but we should compare anyway just in case we have enough and didn’t know it.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Posts : 199
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 3rd 2010, 3:54 am

exchange pix... so each knows what the other has.. 8-)

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 3rd 2010, 3:59 am

Oh.. and I really, REALLY don't think there is ANY sort of "nunlyness".... "nunarism" ... what ever.... "Requirements for being a nun" would have worked MUCH easier...

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Vava on May 3rd 2010, 6:23 pm

alasdair69 wrote:1) Type: This is the fetish system, basically every guy has certain sorts of women that he especially likes and dislikes and this generally forms trends within population groups; Lady Gaga may be hotter than a whore in church in California but in Twoblondes, South Dakota she’d be stoned as a witch. They can be loosely broken down into four categories: what a girl is (foreign, elf, demon, robot, etc), what she wears (maid, shrine maiden, schoolgirl, law enforcement, etc), what she does (celebrity, ninja, teacher, fighter, etc) and whatever else (waif, glasses girl, high class, bad girl, etc), and a girl can have as many Types as are applicable. The more of a neighborhood’s preferred Types a brothel has in residence the more customers it will attract and the more of a customer’s preferred Types a girl has the greater his satisfaction will be.

I remember you mentioning this when I sent my first batch of characters, and it always makes me think of Pokemon types for some reason. :/

Anyway, I was wondering: Will the 'neighborhood's preferred Type' change at regular or random intervals, or does it remain at a constant value throughout the game?

alasdair69 wrote:2) Theme: Each girl will probably have one Theme only (and a few may not even have that) and it will fit her like a glove. While Types draw in customers and increase their satisfaction Themes will focus on reducing costs and increasing the efficiency of operations, adding a much-needed element of strategy in trying to balance the two within each brothel. Note that neither Types nor Themes will increase stats, as that’s being done via an updated version of the ‘improve through work experience’ system of the original.

Hmmm... I'm not quite sure what exactly a 'Theme' is in this case. Could you provide a few possible examples of Themes?

Also, that's great that the experience system is returning. I hate to say it, but the manner in which you raised a girl's stats in the current version is both boring (slap on 'Enhance Style' and skip a few days ahead) and tedious (since you have to switch girls or themes around between different buildings in order to raise stats, you spend more time shuffle things around and looking at their stats than you do actually playing :/).

alasdair69 wrote:3) Traits: Just about anything else you can imagine, with about as much variance in affect but always on an individual level. Some will provide positive benefits, some will induce penalties and some are just plain weird.
Every single Trait from the first game and Theme from the second (except for the origin-based Themes like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy) will make an appearance somewhere as either a Type, Theme or Trait, along with pretty much everything that’s been suggested so far and plenty more from my fevered imagination.

Another element of variety, which is the spice of life, after all. : )

alasdair69 wrote:
Vava wrote:Not that the Touhou theme is balanced, itself, but really now. Although... I suppose that, in the long run, there won't be nearly as many in-game, since we're striving for 1000 and I'm fairly certain there aren't even 40 girls you could successfully incorporate from the series... Currently, anyway.
Actually, there are 57 with 12 more waiting in the wings in hopes of more pics. Kinda … scary … isn’t it?

Actually, I was talking about Fire Emblem. All anyone has to do is look at the Character page on the Touhou wiki to know just how many girls it has in store. X.X

alasdair69 wrote:Anyway, there is presently nothing in place in my game model to allow for assistants other than kamuro, but both you and Raed have voiced some interesting ideas on the matter and we can probably work something out. In an earlier post, I said that there were two girls who I’d wanted to include but couldn’t find even one good work pic for so I found another way to slip them in. Both became … I don’t know … independent contractors, I suppose, who can help you improve your girls in various ways after you meet and befriend them while Taking a Walk. Those particular roles suited those particular girls perfectly so it was easy, but that won’t always be the case, so perhaps another, more generic, type of assistant is called for. Why don’t we brainstorm a little and see what we can come up with?

'Kay. Will do.

alasdair69 wrote:I knew who you were talking about because I encountered the same problem with her and feel the same way you do about it. While placing her as some sort of non-kamuro assistant once we settle on the details for that would conceivably work, it still wouldn’t be optimal because the three wouldn’t be together and more so than any other grouping except perhaps the Prismriver Sisters they should be together. However, I’m not that keen on the idea of having a gestalt, tripartite entity serving as a single girl within a brothel, either. I can still see two choices though, barring finding that one last pic somewhere, that would enable them to function as a single unit:
1) They could all be assigned as a single non-kamuro assistant once all the details are worked out, possibly in the advertising field as you suggested, or
2) They could be a summons. I noticed some time ago that we had several summoners amongst the Final Fantasy girls, and the Fate/Stay Night, Persona, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh girls could conceivably qualify as well. And counting Rider, Saber, Dark Magician Girl and Shantae (a genie from an obscure GameBoy game), we have some girls who get summoned too. So I decided to incorporate a special attribute along the lines of Chii’s obedience or Motoko’s charisma that allows the summoners to summon the summoned, so to speak.

In the case of the summoning, would they be summoned separately or all together?

alasdair69 wrote:I’m even thinking about having summons able to do things other than take customers, which would let me include Renamon and Krystal Fox (two characters so ridiculously popular among SimBrothel fans that they continually smash through the ‘suggest no furries’ boundary no matter how much it’s continually reinforced). I haven’t hammered out all the details yet, but it’s something to consider anyway.

*sigh* I think the issue, there, is that many people didn't bother to read the rules (and still don't T~T).

alasdair69 wrote:Hrm. As I mentioned, I found two usable pics of her too, but I’m not familiar with this ‘pixiv’ you refer to so now I’m wondering if we found the same pics. Probably, but we should compare anyway just in case we have enough and didn’t know it.

Well... This is what I was able to find; the first picture was on Danbooru, and the second I found on Pixiv (Pixiv is basically the Japanese equivalent of DeviantArt, except without hidden viruses and lagging advertisements everywhere :/):

Spoiler:


The latter was only barely passable, in my opinion, but it was the best I could find hosted there. I'll try searching around on the sites of individual artists, but I can't promise that I'll find anything workable (or that I won't end up seeing something that I will never unsee *shiver*). As for the pictures of them all working together... That actually turned out better than when looking for images of them separated, at least in my opinion.

Spoiler:



I know the first one was on the booru sites, and the other two I found on Pixiv. Although... it seems like Luna gets stuck with all the work in two of them. <.<

Vava

Posts : 165
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  alasdair69 on May 3rd 2010, 9:12 pm

Loup Garou wrote:Oh.. and I really, REALLY don't think there is ANY sort of "nunlyness".... "nunarism" ... what ever.... "Requirements for being a nun" would have worked MUCH easier...
*shakes head* Oh, Loup, Loup, Loup, you literal bastard. I can see that my finely honed smartassery is lost on you, isn’t it? Razz


Vava wrote:I remember you mentioning this when I sent my first batch of characters, and it always makes me think of Pokemon types for some reason. :/
Eh, never really got into Pokemon. It’s more geared to reproduce the fact that some guys like blondes while others like redheads, some prefer ‘vast tracts of land’ while others are ass men, some are drawn towards shy and quiet girls while others want a wild woman who’ll come into the bedroom with a saddle and a set of jumper cables. Of course, there are some guys who aren’t that picky:

Guy 1: “Whoa, check her out, she’s just my type.”
Guy 2: “Dude, you’re only type is that she has to be able to walk and talk.”
Guy 1: “Nah, she doesn’t have to talk.”


Vava wrote:Anyway, I was wondering: Will the 'neighborhood's preferred Type' change at regular or random intervals, or does it remain at a constant value throughout the game?
At present it remains constant, the thought of it changing didn’t actually occur to me since most guys’ preferred types of girl remain the same throughout their lives. I’m open to suggestions though if anyone has other thoughts on the matter.


Vava wrote:Hmmm... I'm not quite sure what exactly a 'Theme' is in this case. Could you provide a few possible examples of Themes?
That’s actually the part of the game model I’ve been trying to work on between researching the variety of girls available and debating the pros and cons of biorhythms so this is necessarily a bit rough, but basically it’ll be all the non-stat and non-customer related stuff. It might reduce operational expenses or increase the efficiency of specific tasks. Some (tentative) examples would be:

Dedicated: Some girls you have to keep an eye on or they won’t do their jobs, but others are so committed and their work ethic so strong that you can rest assured they’ll almost never slack off or skip a day. Affect: Girls refuse to work less often.
Domestic: “Your house always looks so nice.” “Don’t worry about that mess, we’ll get it later.” Some people are just super-efficient at cleaning, decorating and fixing life’s little mishaps, large and small. Affect: Lowered maintenance and repair costs.
Empowered: Some women are shrinking violets but some are more like hardy roses or particularly tenacious weeds. An empowered woman knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go get it, and she doesn’t need a man around to hide behind either. Affect: Girls can help fight off robbers, vandals and arsonists, resulting in less security needed [a new aspect of the game that’s part of the whole competition among brothels mechanic].
Nymphomaniac: Lots of girls like sex, but a nymphomaniac likes it, she loves it, she wants some more of it. The entire world revolves around her crotch and if she has her way, every man (and maybe even a few women) will be irresistibly drawn in by the gravitational attraction. Affect: Improves the quality of sexual services provided.
Outgoing: You’ve got to really sell yourself if you want to … sell yourself, and some girls are so extroverted that everybody knows their business. They tell the lady at the market all about it while negotiating the price of oranges, go into detail with the couple at the next table in the restaurant, and probably sneak into men’s restrooms and scrawl ‘For a good time…’ graffiti, too. Affect: Additional advertising at all times with no cost.
Tease: One of the major credos of any entertainer is ‘the bigger the build-up, the better the payoff’. Put a joke together slowly, bit by bit, and you’ll have them rolling in the aisles. Keep the audience guessing until the end and your play will get a standing ovation. And if you dance with just a hint of seduction, recite poetry that’s just a tad risqué and flirt mercilessly without ever being totally clear on just how far you’re willing to take it? Then, you’re a Tease. Affect: Improves the quality of non-sexual entertainment services provided [another new addition to the day-to-day option list for girls].
Volunteer: Maybe they really believe in what they’re doing or maybe they just enjoy it so much they can’t imagine taking money for doing it. But for whatever reason some girls are willing to work for nothing more than three hot meals, a place to sleep and maybe the occasional pretty dress or shiny bauble. Affect: Girls charge you less or even work for free.
Wild: Even a caged tiger still has claws, and some girls are so crazy in bed that it’s downright scary; but hey, haunted houses wouldn’t be so popular if scary wasn’t fun, right? Affect: Greatly improves the quality of sexual services provided but Building Reputation penalty each day.
Worth It: You get what you pay for and some girls are so good at what they do that they can charge top dollar. And get it. Affect: Girls can charge customers more than their rank would indicate.

Of course, there will also be some wacky stuff thrown in for good measure, like an ‘Adventurer’ Theme, where there’s a chance each day of a girl not being able to work because she’s wandered off to access the Take a Walk function [otherwise reserved for the main girl] on her own.


Vava wrote:Also, that's great that the experience system is returning. I hate to say it, but the manner in which you raised a girl's stats in the current version is both boring (slap on 'Enhance Style' and skip a few days ahead) and tedious (since you have to switch girls or themes around between different buildings in order to raise stats, you spend more time shuffle things around and looking at their stats than you do actually playing :/).
Well, it won’t be quite so much experience point based as ‘getting better at something the more you do it’. The more customers a girl sees the more her Sex stat goes up, the more times she entertains someone non-sexually the more her Charisma stat goes up, the more times she does what you tell her to the more her Obedience stat goes up. And the reverse will also be true, with stats going down if they’re not used often enough. This was tried once before and it resulted in stats going up way too fast but I think I can tweak it enough to make it work.


Vava wrote:In the case of the summoning, would they be summoned separately or all together?
I pictured them being summoned together, kind of like the Magus Sisters in FFX.


Vava wrote:Well... This is what I was able to find; the first picture was on Danbooru, and the second I found on Pixiv (Pixiv is basically the Japanese equivalent of DeviantArt, except without hidden viruses and lagging advertisements everywhere :/):

The latter was only barely passable, in my opinion, but it was the best I could find hosted there. I'll try searching around on the sites of individual artists, but I can't promise that I'll find anything workable (or that I won't end up seeing something that I will never unsee *shiver*).
Well, I do have one pic you don’t but we’re still in pretty much the same boat since I’m not comfortable with that second pic of yours. I know she’s a fairy and all but that looks waaaaaaaaay too much like a preschooler to me. Of course, to an extent so do the second and third pic of them working together (and the first one isn’t much better), but not to that degree, you know? Anyway, here’s the pic I’m referring to:

Spoiler:

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Posts : 199
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Vava on May 3rd 2010, 10:15 pm

alasdair69 wrote:Well, it won’t be quite so much experience point based as ‘getting better at something the more you do it’. The more customers a girl sees the more her Sex stat goes up, the more times she entertains someone non-sexually the more her Charisma stat goes up, the more times she does what you tell her to the more her Obedience stat goes up. And the reverse will also be true, with stats going down if they’re not used often enough. This was tried once before and it resulted in stats going up way too fast but I think I can tweak it enough to make it work.

Sounds good to me.

alasdair69 wrote:I pictured them being summoned together, kind of like the Magus Sisters in FFX.

I was actually starting to wonder... Do summon girls count toward the 1000 girl count/limit?

alasdair69 wrote:Well, I do have one pic you don’t but we’re still in pretty much the same boat since I’m not comfortable with that second pic of yours. I know she’s a fairy and all but that looks waaaaaaaaay too much like a preschooler to me.

I honestly felt the same, but that was the only other picture I could find that was even remotely suggestable. Almost every other picture was a solo or group-affiliated one, and those that still followed the 'one undefined male' had her appearing younger. I'll still try looking around on obscure artist sites, but, barring the event that another artist happens to draw an acceptable picture by either free will, request or commission, I'm not sure if anything else will come up (maybe; I think I saw new art of her on Pixiv somewhere, today).

alasdair69 wrote: ... to an extent so do the second and third pic of them working together (and the first one isn’t much better), but not to that degree, you know?

I know what you mean, but I think those pictures are probably the closest to their actual physical proportions as you can get. I'm not sure how old they're supposed to be, since age might not be a determining factor to the age of fey. (While reading through SABND, I noticed that the generic fairy maids in the Scarlet Devil Mansion appeared to be about as mature as Udonge or Sakuya. However, it's a fact that Cirno (age 60) is the strongest fairy in Gensokyo, and she probably only stands maybe a few inches higher than them at best... In short, I don't know if Gensokyo fairy body builds are determined by age, power or type of fey, or if they can even mature physically past whatever they're depicted at. :/)

Sooo... What's your call, then?

Vava

Posts : 165
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 3rd 2010, 10:46 pm

Loup Garou wrote:Oh.. and I really, REALLY don't think there is ANY sort of "nunlyness".... "nunarism" ... what ever.... "Requirements for being a nun" would have worked MUCH easier...


*shakes head* Oh, Loup, Loup, Loup, you literal bastard. I can see that my finely honed smartassery is lost on you, isn’t it? Razz

I was being JUST as smart assed as you were... one of the problems with typed communication... it is easy to miss the sarcasm.

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Joshua on May 17th 2010, 5:55 pm

Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
Spoiler:


will this do for lesbian?


Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
Spoiler:


i have more sex but they need text edits.


Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
Spoiler:




Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
Spoiler:


found censored and uncensored take your pic.




Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
Spoiler:



extra one
Spoiler:
this one can be edited into two seperate.

i can also look for alternatives but they need text edits. so if you dont like some tell me who and how manny to exchange.

also there is another girl from evangelion mari, only problem is i cant find a single uncensored pic. (currently she only apears in evangelion 2.0 which is japan only for now.)

Joshua

Posts : 232
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Loup Garou on May 17th 2010, 7:37 pm

I find Rei Hino's anal picture terribly amusing... because her right hand is making the AmSLan sign for "I love you." I guess she is fond of that particular form of penetration.

Loup Garou

Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  alasdair69 on May 18th 2010, 12:52 am

Wow, for once I'm actually glad someone can't read. LOL Yeah sure, it says right there on the Completed Girls sticky in the Suggestions area that all nine Sailor Moon girls have their pics already assembled but to be honest there are a few that I'm not completely thrilled with and even if I was there's always the possibility that something better might be lurking out there somewhere, right? Well, cue Joshua. Some of those pics were better copies of ones I already had or were just plain better pics, so I switched them around a little. Thanks man, I really appreciate it. And just for reference, here are the pics for the inner solar system as things stand right now:

Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
Spoiler:






Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
Spoiler:






Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
Spoiler:






Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
Spoiler:






Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
Spoiler:






I'll try to post the outer planets too in a bit.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Posts : 199
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggesting Girls

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:55 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum