Sim Brothel v2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleshing Out the Girls

+2
greatwhite
Vava
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fleshing Out the Girls Empty Fleshing Out the Girls

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:33 am

I'm sorry that I didn't get this thread started as soon as I mentioned it. I'm not sure why, but I've been finding myself spacing out a lot more than I normally do, and I haven't been able to determine just why that is. Or at least I was; now I've got this attentiveness that's actually allowing the words to come out right, much to the chagrin of my ailing wrists. *shrug* No clue what finally got it going.

Anyway, so I keep staring at the wiki pages while thinking to myself, "gee, it would sure be great if all of this meant something." By that, I mean it's probably time that the girls are given some words and numbers to define how they will function in the game, itself. I know we don't have a solid game engine at the moment, but we have been provided with enough information that, at the very least, we can start implementing it in a hypothetical sense. Besides, we have somewhere between six and seven hundred girls on the wiki, alone, who have enough material to appear in the game, and the more we experiment with the numbers, the more we'll learn what we'll need to know in order to better the game.

In this thread, we will be focusing primarily on building the girls we currently have. However, this thread will also be used to introduce new properties that can be applied to the girls (mostly Traits, but this also includes Themes, Management and even Types if the need arises). This thread will also be used to suggest possible ways to hire the girls and maybe even develop their individual story arcs.

Now, prepare yourselves; this is going to be a fairly large wall of text, but I'm going to have it separated into different posts in order to make staring at it a little less overwhelming (just a little bit...).

http://sim-bro.wikia.com/wiki/Sim_Brothel_Wiki

Before I get started, I'd like to ask that the statistic suggestions be posted here, first, before being carried over to the wiki so that we can all hammer them out and come to an agreement and don't end up rewriting the same page upteen times. >.> Also, I would like to ask that everyone focuses their attention on the girls under 'Girls List' (or Category:Girls); the girls under 'Girls Pending' do not yet have enough pictures to include them in the game.

Statistics

Probably the easiest part of the creation process: assigning numerical values to the girls. The game shall implement a system that randomly assigns these values whenever the player starts a game, but, for simplicity's sake, we'll use actual numbers when suggesting the girls, here.

Statistics Comparison

Since I think it would be easier to assign stat values to girls when you can compare them side-by-side, I'm including in this thread a set of lists to show just where each girl stands in comparison to the others. If you're ever having trouble thinking of just how you want to rate a girl's stat, look around for another girl to compare her to and see where she comes in. I have all six of the basic stats separated below into their own respective posts (since it will pretty much end up being something like the Master List six times over). Included in these lists are the 40 girls from the first game who are eligible for this installment, their statistic ratings being directly converted from the first/second games.

I will update these lists as we progress, so expect the following posts to grow substantially over time.

Charisma
(personal charm or magnetism; the ability to influence without the use of logic)

I suppose it is a bit redundant to try to explain the statistics in my own words after including specific wiktionary definitions, but I guess I like to repeat myself (just once, though). Charisma represents the girl's level of charm, based on how pleasing she is to the senses and certain 'something.' This statistic is a crucial factor in determining a girl's value; the higher her Charisma, the more gold she will make regarding non-sexual acts.

(Charisma - Non-Existent)
Charisma 0: N/A
Charisma 5: N/A
Charisma 10: N/A
(Charisma - Very Low)
Charisma 15: N/A
Charisma 20: Urd
(Charisma - Low)
Charisma 25: Ika Musume, Yuffie Kisaragi
Charisma 30: Kagami Hiiragi, Mei-Fang
Charisma 35: Aerith Gainsborough, Ayane, Ayumu ‘Osaka’ Kasuga, Washu Hakubi
Charisma 40: Haruhi Suzumiya, Ino Yamanaka, Officer Jenny (Junasaa), Rei Ayanami, Rukia Kuchiki, Shinobu Maehara, Utsuho Reiuji
(Charisma - Average)
Charisma 45: Belldandy, Naru Narusegawa, Noel Vermillion, Rinoa Heartilly, Ryoko Hakubi
Charisma 50: Celes Chere, Hinata Hyuga, Kushana, Masaki Ayeka Jurai, Motoko Aoyama
Charisma 55: Lulu, Sakura Haruno
Charisma 60: Nami, Orihime Inoue, Ranko/Ranma Saotome, Rikku, Selvaria Bles
(Charisma - High)
Charisma 65: Chii, Deedlit, Nico 'Miss All Sunday' Robin, Komachi Onozuka, Tifa Lockhart, Yuna
Charisma 70: Fran, Nadia La Arwall
Charisma 75: Talim
Charisma 80: Masaki Sasami Jurai, Rangiku Matsumoto, Skuld, Yuyuko Saigyouji, Zelda
(Charisma - Very High)
Charisma 85: Mikuru Asahina
Charisma 90: N/A
(Charisma - Godlike)
Charisma 95: N/A
Charisma 100: N/A

Last edited by Vava on June 3rd 2011, 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Fleshing Out the Girls Empty Re: Fleshing Out the Girls

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:33 am

Sex
(the act of sexual intercourse, usually involving genital and/or anal and/or oral penetration, between at least two organisms)

... Okay, that was probably a bit more descriptive than it needed to be, but, yes, that is what it means in this case. This statistic represents the girl's knowledge, skill or natural talent in the arts of physical pleasure, and is a crucial factor in determining the girl's value. The higher her Sex, the more gold she will make regarding sexual acts.

(Sex - Non-Existent)
Sex 0: N/A
Sex 5: Masaki Sasami Jurai
Sex 10: Selvaria Bles, Talim
(Sex - Very Low)
Sex 15: Mei-Fang
Sex 20: Deedlit, Hinata Hyuga, Kagami Hiiragi, Orihime Inoue, Urd, Washu Hakubi
(Sex - Low)
Sex 25: Ino Yamanaka, Rikku
Sex 30: Belldandy, Shinobu Maehara
Sex 35: Chii, Motoko Aoyama, Naru Narusegawa, Rukia Kuchiki, Sakura Haruno, Yuffie Kisaragi
Sex 40: Ayumu ‘Osaka’ Kasuga, Celes Chere, Ika Musume, Nami, Noel Vermillion, Yuna
(Sex - Average)
Sex 45: Aerith Gainsborough, Haruhi Suzumiya, Komachi Onozuka, Officer Jenny (Junasaa), Rei Ayanami
Sex 50: Ayane, Masaki Ayeka Jurai, Nadia La Arwall, Rangiku Matsumoto, Utsuho Reiuji
Sex 55: Kushana, Nico 'Miss All Sunday' Robin, Ranko/Ranma Saotome, Tifa Lockhart, Yuyuko Saigyouji
Sex 60: Mikuru Asahina, Zelda
(Sex - High)
Sex 65: Skuld
Sex 70: N/A
Sex 75: Ryoko Hakubi
Sex 80: Lulu, Rinoa Heartilly
(Sex - Very High)
Sex 85: Fran
Sex 90: N/A
(Sex - Godlike)
Sex 95: N/A
Sex 100: N/A

Last edited by Vava on June 3rd 2011, 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:34 am

Constitution
(the general health of a person; a person's physique or temperment)

Constitution represents the girl's fitness, stamina and overall physical well-being. This statistic determines how much work she can do without overexerting herself physically; the higher her Constitution, the more work she can do in a single day. It should be noted that this statistic works in tandem with Morale; having a low Morale rating with limit how much work she will do.

(Constitution - Non-Existent)
Constitution 0: N/A
Constitution 5: Masaki Sasami Jurai
Constitution 10: Ayumu ‘Osaka’ Kasuga, Hinata Hyuga
(Constitution - Very Low)
Constitution 15: N/A
Constitution 20: Kagami Hiiragi, Shinobu Maehara
(Constitution - Low)
Constitution 25: Mikuru Asahina, Talim, Urd
Constitution 30: Aerith Gainsborough, Orihime Inoue
Constitution 35: Skuld, Yuyuko Saigyouji
Constitution 40: Rukia Kuchiki, Washu Hakubi
(Constitution - Average)
Constitution 45: Chii, Nami, Rei Ayanami, Yuffie Kisaragi, Yuna
Constitution 50: Belldandy, Lulu, Masaki Ayeka Jurai, Nadia La Arwall, Nico 'Miss All Sunday' Robin, Zelda
Constitution 55: Celes Chere, Fran, Ino Yamanaka, Komachi Onozuka, Naru Narusegawa, Noel Vermillion, Officer Jenny (Junasaa), Rinoa Heartilly
Constitution 60: Deedlit, Kushana, Sakura Haruno, Tifa Lockhart
(Constitution - High)
Constitution 65: Utsuho Reiuji
Constitution 70: Haruhi Suzumiya, Motoko Aoyama, Rangiku Matsumoto
Constitution 75: Ayane, Ranko/Ranma Saotome, Ryoko Hakubi
Constitution 80: Ika Musume
(Constitution - Very High)
Constitution 85: Mei-Fang
Constitution 90: Rikku, Selvaria Bles
(Constitution - Godlike)
Constitution 95: N/A
Constitution 100: N/A

Last edited by Vava on June 3rd 2011, 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:34 am

Obedience
(the willingness to comply with the commands, orders, or instructions of those in authority)

Obedience represents the girl's willingness to follow orders, more specifically yours. This statistic will determine how readily she will accept working for you; the higher her Obedience, the less likely she is to disregard her assigned duties.

(Obedience - Non-Existent)
Obedience 0: N/A
Obedience 5: N/A
Obedience 10: N/A
(Obedience - Very Low)
Obedience 15: N/A
Obedience 20: N/A
(Obedience - Low)
Obedience 25: Lulu
Obedience 30: Naru Narusegawa
Obedience 35: Komachi Onozuka, Ranko/Ranma Saotome, Sakura Haruno
Obedience 40: Ayane, Mei-Fang, Nami, Skuld, Tifa Lockhart, Zelda
(Obedience - Average)
Obedience 45: Ino Yamanaka, Rangiku Matsumoto
Obedience 50: Fran, Kushana, Masaki Ayeka Jurai, Nico 'Miss All Sunday' Robin, Officer Jenny (Junasaa), Rukia Kuchiki, Ryoko Hakubi, Urd, Washu Hakubi
Obedience 55: Nadia La Arwall, Yuffie Kisaragi
Obedience 60: Celes Chere, Deedlit, Kagami Hiiragi, Motoko Aoyama, Noel Vermillion, Rikku, Rinoa Heartilly
(Obedience - High)
Obedience 65: Aerith Gainsborough, Ika Musume, Yuna, Yuyuko Saigyouji
Obedience 70: Haruhi Suzumiya, Orihime Inoue
Obedience 75: Masaki Sasami Jurai, Selvaria Bles, Talim
Obedience 80: Ayumu ‘Osaka’ Kasuga, Belldandy, Rei Ayanami, Utsuho Reiuji
(Obedience - Very High)
Obedience 85: Chii, Shinobu Maehara
Obedience 90: Hinata Hyuga, Mikuru Asahina
(Obedience - Godlike)
Obedience 95: N/A
Obedience 100: N/A

Last edited by Vava on June 3rd 2011, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:35 am

Morale
(the capacity of people to maintain belief in an institution or a goal, or even in oneself and others)

Morale represents the strength of the girl's self determination, her will to continue working, and therefore influences how much effort she will put into the task at hand. This statistic is an important factor in determining how much she can do in a given day; the higher her current Morale, the more she is willing to do. It will fluctuate the most out of the six statistics, as it will be influenced not only by the amount of work the girl takes, but also by how well you treat her and by the random events that she takes part in.

(Morale - Non-Existent)
Morale 0: N/A
Morale 5: Rei Ayanami
Morale 10: Nico 'Miss All Sunday' Robin
(Morale - Very Low)
Morale 15: Urd
Morale 20: Celes Chere, Kushana, Tifa Lockhart
(Morale - Low)
Morale 25: Chii, Rukia Kuchiki
Morale 30: Ayane, Hinata Hyuga, Mei-Fang, Washu Hakubi
Morale 35: Belldandy, Kagami Hiiragi, Komachi Onozuka
Morale 40: Lulu, Masaki Sasami Jurai, Orihime Inoue, Shinobu Maehara, Yuna
(Morale - Average)
Morale 45: Ayumu ‘Osaka’ Kasuga, Rinoa Heartilly, Utsuho Reiuji
Morale 50: Aerith Gainsborough, Masaki Ayeka Jurai, Mikuru Asahina, Motoko Aoyama, Noel Vermillion, Officer Jenny (Junasaa), Yuyuko Saigyouji, Zelda
Morale 55: Deedlit, Ika Musume, Nami, Naru Narusegawa, Ranko/Ranma Saotome, Sakura Haruno
Morale 60: Fran, Ino Yamanaka, Rangiku Matsumoto, Talim
(Morale - High)
Morale 65: Ryoko Hakubi
Morale 70: Haruhi Suzumiya, Nadia La Arwall, Skuld
Morale 75: Rikku
Morale 80: N/A
(Morale - Very High)
Morale 85: Yuffie Kisaragi
Morale 90: N/A
(Morale - Godlike)
Morale 95: N/A
Morale 100: Selvaria Bles

Last edited by Vava on June 3rd 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:35 am

Refinement
(advancement in physical, intellectual, or moral condition; high-class style)

... You know, I actually find describing the word 'refinement' to be rather difficult, even though I believe I have a fair grasp on what it represents. Refinement is meant to represent the girl's... element of class, I suppose. A combination of proper speech, etiquette, and composure, signaling the girl as either a potential or current member of nobility. This statistic will partially affect the girl's value, and it will be the biggest contributing factor in allowing the girl to increase her Rank.

(Refinement - Non-Existent)
Refinement 0: Urd
Refinement 5: N/A
Refinement 10: N/A
(Refinement - Very Low)
Refinement 15: Ranko/Ranma Saotome, Ryoko Hakubi
Refinement 20: Rangiku Matsumoto
(Refinement - Low)
Refinement 25: Ika Musume, Tifa Lockhart, Yuffie Kisaragi
Refinement 30: Ayumu ‘Osaka’ Kasuga, Komachi Onozuka, Utsuho Reiuji
Refinement 35: Haruhi Suzumiya, Nami, Naru Narusegawa
Refinement 40: Fran, Kagami Hiiragi, Kushana, Mei-Fang, Mikuru Asahina, Noel Vermillion, Rei Ayanami, Sakura Haruno, Washu Hakubi
(Refinement - Average)
Refinement 45: Ayane, Chii, Ino Yamanaka, Motoko Aoyama, Nico 'Miss All Sunday' Robin, Officer Jenny (Junasaa), Rikku
Refinement 50: Aerith Gainsborough, Lulu, Masaki Ayeka Jurai, Rukia Kuchiki, Shinobu Maehara
Refinement 55: Masaki Sasami Jurai, Rinoa Heartilly
Refinement 60: Celes Chere, Deedlit, Hinata Hyuga, Nadia La Arwall, Orihime Inoue, Skuld, Talim
(Refinement - High)
Refinement 65: Belldandy, Yuna, Yuyuko Saigyouji, Zelda
Refinement 70: Selvaria Bles
Refinement 75: N/A
Refinement 80: N/A
(Refinement - Very High)
Refinement 85: N/A
Refinement 90: N/A
(Refinement - Godlike)
Refinement 95: N/A
Refinement 100: N/A

Last edited by Vava on June 3rd 2011, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:36 am

Types

Types are key words that describe what kind of person the girl is like in a physical and social sense, such as what species she belongs to and what she does for a living. Since there is currently a massive balance issue regarding Types, it cannot be said how they will end up functioning in the game, but they are still very important nonetheless. A girl can have as many Types as can appropriately be applied to her. It should be stated, however, that certain Types (particularly the Uniform ones) require that the girl be regularly featured displaying it in her canonical source. For example, a girl who works as a nurse and is regularly seen wearing a nurse outfit would qualify for the Nurse Uniform Type, but a girl who wears a nurse outfit for only a few minutes of screen time would not (though the latter may possibly qualify for the Roleplayer Theme).

As you will most assuredly notice, several entries, below, are missing their descriptions. This is either due to an unclear definition or me just rushing these posts, and they will be remedied as soon as possible.

• (Miscellaneous) Bad Girl:
• (Miscellaneous) Buxom Babe: This girl has been generously endowed by nature. Whether for good or ill, her body naturally draws attention to itself.
• (Miscellaneous) Girls with Glasses:
• (Miscellaneous) High Class Lady:
• (Miscellaneous) Lolita:
• (Miscellaneous) MiLF:
• (Miscellaneous) Waif: The opposite of a Buxom Babe, this girl's measurements are more... reserved. I believe there might be a petition to rename this to 'Flat-Chested,' since the term is somewhat misleading (I personally thought it was 'waifu' without the 'u' at the end <.<; ).
• (Profession) Celebrity:
• (Profession) Criminal:
• (Profession) Entertainer:
• (Profession) Fighter:
• (Profession) Mage:
• (Profession) Ninja: This girl appears to be a ninja, a clan of people trained in the arts of subterfuge and stealth, the martial arts and, in some cases, magic. Living by a code of honor, ninjas can be both fascinating and confounding.
• (Profession) Teacher:
• (Racial) Bakemono: One of the mildly supernatural shapeshifting animals native to the deep forests, they take a mostly human form (although still with obvious animal characteristics, typically ears and a tail) to interact with other races. Even in this form though, they retain their intrinsic preoccupation with ‘creature comforts’ such as food, sleep and sex. Mostly sex. Most bakemono are obtained through the Slave Market and are enspelled to be unable to take on their fully animal form to prevent their escape, but as long as they have a good home, good food and good sex (mostly sex) they generally don’t seem to mind being someone’s ‘pet’. (Basically, they're animal-eared/tailed/etc. girls. Repeat, they are not furries; they are animal girls.)
• (Racial) Demon: The daughters of Amatsu Mikaboshi, the heart of evil and god of corruption, are accursedly beautiful and seductively passionate, but occasionally a few grow tired of torment and repent, as such, their ways, seeking nothing more than friendship and the freedom to indulge their lusts. Almost exclusively obtained through the Slave Market but one must be cautious: some were simply captured and magically restrained and haven’t repented anything.
• (Racial) Elf: More Tolkein than Keebler, elves are generally tall and slim, although often with disproportionately large breasts, and sport an array of skin, hair and eye coloration far wider than that seen in humans. Perhaps because of their longer lifespans or the fact that they worship the primal Old Gods, they tend to have a laid back attitude towards most things but can be fierce warriors when pushed too far. The majority are obtained through the Slave Market but several take up the profession of their own free will as well.
• (Racial) Fairy: Rare and magical beings who inhabit enclaves in the wildest and most remote regions of the world, frolicking with each other and the beasts and spirits of the woods, they resemble human or elvish girls or women (no one has ever seen a male fairy, giving rise to much scholarly discourse and lewd speculation regarding their reproductive practices) with the addition of insectoid wings and sometimes antennae. They are invariably more than a little kinky, proudly bisexual and only obtained through the Slave Market, where cold iron has been used to block their arcane powers.
• (Racial) Homunculus: Mioya in general and Mardukane in particular thought it had seen it all, but in recent years something new appeared in the Slave Markets. Homunculi are artificially created people, conglomerations of gears and springs and potent enchantments that can do anything biologically created people can do, with the probable exception of bear children. Anything at all. No one knows their origin except perhaps the Slave Brokers, who refuse to discuss the matter, but with a couple of dozen already known and more showing up periodically, it looks like they’re here to stay.
• (Racial) Monster/Youkai: Mioya, like much of the world, is a land of magic and wonder and many preternatural entities inhabit the fringes and lonely places. But with the unrelenting advance of civilization the fringes keep getting pushed farther and farther back, and places once lonely now find themselves full of human life. As a result, more and more strange beings are being forced to coexist with mankind if they want to survive. Vampires, snow women, oni, intelligent animate dead and even stranger things are slowly becoming a more common sight in everyday society but few of them know how to make their way and many end up in the Slave Market.
• (Uniform) Exotic:
• (Uniform) Maid:
• (Uniform) Military Uniform: This girl's attire speaks of a life of order and discipline. Customers usually find themselves attracted to either the thought of giving orders or of taking orders from such a person.
• (Uniform) Nurse:
• (Uniform) Policewoman:
• (Uniform) Schoolgirl:
• (Uniform) Shrine Maiden:
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:36 am

Management

Management is an ability that provides a fixed bonus of some sort to the performance of all the girls who work in a particular building. The Management that takes effect is determined by whichever girl is set in charge of the building, and it will remain active until either a new girl is placed in charge or if all the girls are removed from the building. Each girl will only possess one Management ability once they are incorporated into the game, but, when presenting your girl, see if you can think of three that would fit her personality. It will make it much easier to distribute them when the time comes.

Accountant: Constantly seeks way to improve profit margin. Effect: More money gained.
Agent: Praises employees and shows confidence in them in from of customers. Effect: Bonus to Reputation gained.
Artist: Emphasizes quality work. Effect: Small bonus to Charisma and Reputation gained.
Assembly Line: Emphasizes quantity of work. Effect: Small bonus to Sex and Constitution.
Campaigner: Tirelessly advertises benefits of frequenting establishment. Effect: Bonus to Building Reputation.
Coach: Has high standards for employee fitness. Effect: Bonus to Constitution.
Driven: Emphasizes quantity at the expense of quality. Effect: Constitution bonus but Sex minus.
Goal Oriented: Considers adherence to policies secondary to getting the job done. Effect: Sex bonus but Obedience minus.
Ground Swell: Relies heavily on word of mouth advertising. Effect: Lower advertising cost.
Hardcore: Coaxes best effort from all employees. Effect: Bonus to Sex.
Housekeeper: Keeps workplace clean, organized and well-maintained. Effect: Lower Maintenance cost.
Multitasker: Focuses on all aspects of job equally. Effect: Small bonus to each Stat.
Penny Pincher: Finds every way possible to cut personnel expenses. Effect: Daily cost of girls lower.
People Person: Fosters good working relationship with employees. Effect: Bonus to Morale.
Perfectionist: Strives to be the best at whatever they do. Effect: Enhance Theme effects.
Popular: Focuses strongly on customer happiness and repeat business. Effect: More Customers attracted.
Price Slasher: Builds brand recognition through sales, specials, etc. Effect: Small bonus to Building Reputation but gain less money.
Promoter: Finds ways to make establishment really stand out. Effect: Small bonus to Building Reputation, Customers attracted and money gained.
Shallow: Emphasizes style over usefulness. Effect: Charisma bonus but Obedience minus.
Short Sighted: Prioritizes job efficiency over customer satisfaction. Effect: Sex bonus but Building Reputation minus.
Slavedriver: Insists on adherence to policies and procedures at the risk of employee dissatisfaction. Effect: Obedience bonus but Morale minus.
Stickler: Motivates employees to follow all managerial policies. Effect: Bonus to Obedience.
Train Wreck: Not everyone has managerial qualities, some just get overwhelmed when placed in charge. Able to achieve small specific goals but loses control over everything else in the process. Effect: Small bonus to either Charisma, Sex, Constitution or Reputation gained (selected randomly each day), but minus to either Obedience, Morale, Building Reputation, Customers attracted or money gained.
Uniform Standard: Has high standards for employee appearance and behavior. Effect: Bonus to Charisma.
Well Respected: Earns respect and goodwill of employees. Effect: Small bonus to Obedience and Morale.
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:37 am

Themes

Themes are similiar to the Management abilities, but they function similarly to Styles in the second game; the more girls sharing the same Theme working in the same building, the stronger it becomes. Exactly how many Themes may be active in a single building at one time is not yet known (?). A girl may possess up to three Themes, all of which must be unique.

Adventurous: Not content to just lay around all day, some girls have to get out and look for some excitement, whether that means crawling down a tunnel with a knife in their teeth to search for hidden treasure or just wandering around and trying to meet interesting people. Effect: Small random chance each day that the girl will access the Take A Walk feature on her own and will not work that day. At end of day, a summary of her adventure will be given and any positive or negative results listed.
Dedicated: Some girls you have to keep an eye on or they won’t do their jobs, but others are so committed and their work ethic so strong that you can rest assured they’ll almost never slack off or skip a day. Effect: Girls refuse to work less often.
Domestic: "Your house always looks so nice." "Don’t worry about that mess, we’ll get it later." Some people are just super-efficient at cleaning, decorating and fixing life’s little mishaps, large and small. Effect: Lowered maintenance and repair costs.
Empowered: Some women are shrinking violets but some are more like hardy roses or particularly tenacious weeds. An empowered woman knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go get it, and she doesn’t need a man around to hide behind either. Effect: Girls can help fight off robbers, vandals and arsonists, resulting in less security needed.
Nymphomaniac: Lots of girls like sex, but a nymphomaniac likes it, she loves it, she wants some more of it. The entire world revolves around her crotch and if she has her way, every man (and maybe even a few women) will be irresistibly drawn in by the gravitational attraction. Effect: Improves the quality of sexual services provided.
Outgoing: You’ve got to really sell yourself if you want to... sell yourself, and some girls are so extroverted that everybody knows their business. They tell the lady at the market all about it while negotiating the price of oranges, go into detail with the couple at the next table in the restaurant, and probably sneak into men’s restrooms and scrawl ‘For a good time…’ graffiti, too. Effect: Additional advertising at all times with no cost.
Roleplayer: Every little girl likes playing dress-up, but some don’t stop there. Want to do a lingerie party or an erotic tea ceremony? Play Criminal and the Constable or Shrine Maiden and the Wandering Monk? If you name it, they’ve probably got the costume for it, and they’ll break any of them out at the drop of a befeathered purple pimp hat. Effect: Never incurs penalties for having a Type a customer dislikes. Greater success rate with Special Promotions. [This is the part I knew would raise questions I didn't want to try to answer, mostly because Special Promotions is currently nothing more than a half-formed neat idea I had and then put on the back burner to work on other things first.]
Tease: One of the major credos of any entertainer is ‘the bigger the build-up, the better the payoff’. Put a joke together slowly, bit by bit, and you’ll have them rolling in the aisles. Keep the audience guessing until the end and your play will get a standing ovation. And if you dance with just a hint of seduction, recite poetry that’s just a tad risqué and flirt mercilessly without ever being totally clear on just how far you’re willing to take it? Then, you’re a Tease. Effect: Improves the quality of non-sexual entertainment services provided.
Volunteer: Maybe they really believe in what they’re doing or maybe they just enjoy it so much they can’t imagine taking money for doing it. But for whatever reason some girls are willing to work for nothing more than three hot meals, a place to sleep and maybe the occasional pretty dress or shiny bauble. Effect: Girls charge you less or even work for free.
Wild: Even a caged tiger still has claws, and some girls are so crazy in bed that it’s downright scary; but hey, haunted houses wouldn’t be so popular if scary wasn’t fun, right? Effect: Greatly improves the quality of sexual services provided but Building Reputation penalty each day.
Worth It: You get what you pay for and some girls are so good at what they do that they can charge top dollar. And get it. Effect: Girls can charge customers more than their rank would indicate.
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:38 am

Traits

Traits describe individual properties and characteristics of the girls. They provide the girl with a unique set of benefits (and flaws), affecting them and them alone. Many Traits require that the girl meet certain prerequisites in order for them to become active, like being a certain Rank, and some Traits may even be able to be taught to girls who do not already know them. A girl can have as many Traits as seen fit, and they are always active regardless of whether she is working or not (save for when she has not met the prerequisites to activate them).

Contrary: The girl is excessively stubborn and willful. Effect: Will refuse to work more often, even at high Obedience levels.
Curious: The girl wonders about everything and is always full of questions, sometimes at the most inopportune times. Effect: Girl can pop up with a question at any time, even interrupting an action and you will have a list of possible answers to give her. Depending on the particular question and what answer you give, she could receive a minor bonus or penalty to Obedience or Morale, or it could even make a difference in whether or not she works any more that day.
Debutante: The girl retains a freshness and sense of upward-mobility. Effect: Minor bonus to Charisma and Refinement each day.
Detached: This girl seems especially gloomy, her eyes possessed of a strange sort of emptiness. She speaks quietly and matter-of-factly, with no traces of feeling or kindness at times. Effect: Random bonus/penalty to customer appreciation for each customer the girl sees.
Excellent Reputation: The girl is well known and has a large repeat client base. Effect: Always gets maximum number of customers every day, provided they are available and barring other factors to the contrary.
Exhibitionist: The girl loves to show off how beautiful and sex and charming she can be for the admiration of all around her. Effect: Charisma bonus each day.
Experience: Some girls have minds that catch information in an inescapable net. She picks up on hidden cues almost immediately, words never need to be repeated to her, and she never makes the same mistake twice. Effect: The girl's rate of experience gain is increased. The rate at which experience is lost is unchanged.
Friendly: The girl is very pleasant and hard not to like. Effect: Increased frequency of compliments and tips from customers.
Happy: The girl is upbeat and always cheerful, no matter what may happen. Effect: Morale bonus each day.
Killinary Artist: The girl is either a culinary disaster, or she's only capable of catering to the most 'refined' of tastes. Effect: The Domestic level of the Building is reduced by two. (It is possible for a Building to receive a negative rating, thus incurring some potentially 'generous' penalties.)
Ladylike: The girl is poised and highly polished. Effect: Refinement bonus each day.
Limber: With a lean and surprisingly powerful body, this girl is more than capable of allowing herself to bend and move in normally uncomfortable ways. The sensual positions, movements and postures she can take are very impressive, and her body does not suffer from wear as easily as it would otherwise. Effect: Gains a little more Sex and Constitution experience each day. Improves the odds of customer appreciation based on Sex.
Love Machine: The girl is very prolific and can outwork most other girls. Effect: May take more customers per day.
Lucky: The girl leads a charmed life and very little bad ever happens to her. Effect: Fewer harmful events for this girl.
Morning Person: This girl is always well rested and ready for the day's events. Effect: Loses Morale slower if overworked and needs fewer days off.
Naive: The girl is still, for whatever reason, figuratively wet behind the ears when it comes to understanding the world around her. Effect: This girl gains a Charisma bonus each day, but has a greater chance of harmful events.
Obedient: The girl follows orders and does what she's told, without complaining, talking back or giving any lip. Effect: Obedience bonus each day.
Professional Pickpocket: This girl has been able to survive in the past by discretely taking coins from others. She has perfected her timing and her ability to distract, and she’s careful enough to not take more than a few at a time to avoid arousing suspicions. Effect: The girl ‘receives’ a few extra gold coins per customer and gives them to you.
Renown: The girl stands out in a crowd and always makes a good impression. Effect: Gain more Reputation.
Rest: While most people get enough sleep to simply ground themselves for the next day, some recover from aches and pains at a much faster rate. They typically pace themselves just right throughout their days, and a full night's sleep seems to always do the trick. Effect: The girl recovers Morale faster when not working.
Sex Addict: The girl needs to have sex all the time, the more and the more often the better, and there's no such thing as too much. Effect: Sex bonus each day.
Short of Breath: (undergoing definition) Effect: This girl sees one fewer customer per day (minimum 1).
Shy: (undergoing definition) Effect: Small Refinement bonus each day.
Smart: The girl is a quick study and learns from experience better than other girls. Effect: More easily learns new things through training.
Smile: A good smile is the first thing most people notice, and it’s the most important thing in dealing with other people. Whether they catch your enthusiasm, trust in your composure or just wonder what the hell you’re up to, you’ll certainly make an impression. Effect: More Reputation gained, increased frequency of compliments and tips from customers and greater chance of a girl being asked to model.
Splendid Body: The girl is perfect in form and feature, no flaw can be found in her physical appearance. Effect: Bonus to Charisma for customer appreciation.
Spoiled: The girl always wants the finest of everything and may get upset if she doesn't feel that she's getting it. Effect: Periodic random penalty to Morale and Obedience, but can be offset by upgrading to better quality clothing and accessories for her.
Summoner: (undergoing definition) Effect: Chance of activating a 'summon' while working.
Switch Hitter: The girl is sexually attracted to both men and women. Effect: More customers attracted to that brothel as she can service women as well. However, if two or more Switch Hitters are assigned to the same brothel and their Obedience is low enough there is a possibility of them refusing to work because they've found a quiet corner for a tryst of their own.
Team Player: The girl works best as part of a team and has one or more partners that she works especially well with. Effect: Each girl with this trait is affiliated with one or more of the others. When affiliated girls are in the same brothel there is a good chance of them working together to satisfy customers, generating more gold than the girls would have individually and boosting Building Reputation.
Tough: The girl has the stamina of an ox and can work harder for longer than most other girls. Effect: Constitution bonus each day.
Tsundere: (undergoing definition) Effect: This girl gains Reputation at half the normal rate.
Withdrawn: (undergoing definition...) Effect: This girl gains and recovers Morale at a slower rate than normal. However, she still loses Morale at the normal rate.

And now to squeeze the last entry in so that my explanation only takes up the first page. :/

Special

Lastly, the Special entry is... well, special. It's a unique property given to each girl that separates them from all the others, a quirk that helps define them and provide those who are familiar with the character to experience a 'that's so like her' sensation. There is really no way to appropriately define just what a Special can and can't be, save that it must have some truly recognizable significance to the character. If you're not certain about what you would think a girl's Special would be, go ahead and leave the entry blank. I'm certain we'll figure something out in the long run.

Last edited by Vava on June 3rd 2011, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 12:39 am

Template

Name: ---
Charisma: ---
Sex: ---
Constitution: ---
Obedience: ---
Morale: ---
Refinement: ---
Type(s): ---
Management: ---
Theme(s): ---
Trait(s): ---
Special: [---]

Example

Since I figured I might as well, I'm going to present a bit of my work (and more of my dreary explanations) by putting a girl together. I will describe my reasoning for my decisions step by step (which isn't necessary, but it helps give an idea of what I was thinking at the time). There are also a few spoilers in my explanations, so, if you're the type who can't stand to have someone relate second-hand experience and would prefer seeing it for yourself, just scroll to the bottom (I'm posting it twice so there'll be an easier to read version since this is an honest submission). As you'll notice, I have a habit of placing question marks next to the things I'm not certain of applying. Please follow this example when you're not quite sure if something would fit the girl you're presenting. Anyway, for anyone else who's familiar with this character, feel obligated to call me out on any of the conclusions I reach.

Name: Noel Vermillion
The girl's name, as presented on the Wiki. Note that some of the names on the Wiki don't completely match to those found on the Master List. This is either due to some strange prejudice to English renaming that I had experienced when making the page or me just honestly mispelling the name, so feel free to correct me wherever you happen to spot one of these.
Charisma: 45
I may have been a little generous, here, since I personally find her endearing. At the same time, I would believe that she'd be just a little more persuasive than Haruhi (without resorting to force or coercion, that is).
Sex: 40
She's young, inexperienced and rather timid in regards to such subjects, but she probably has some potential, especially considering that strange sense of lust that the dimensional boundary contact mediums share for Ragna... >.>
Constitution: 55
She's pretty fit and has a fair amount of stamina, but I wouldn't say that she's especially strong. She's never shown any feats of physical strength, anyway.
Obedience: 60
Fairly good at following orders, but she can get sidetracked by her own feelings or intuitions.
Morale: 50
Not really cheerful, but not really depressed. Well, as long as she was forgetting what she was...
Refinement: 40
She's not exactly upper-class material, but she's pretty polite when speaking to others. She's also noticably formal when declaring that she's going to engage somebody... >.>
Type(s): Homunculus?/Military Uniform or Policewoman?/Waif
She is the twelfth dimensional boundary contact medium, making her one of the many clones of Ragna's sister, Saya. Her memories and her pain have been artificially repressed, but she is still very much an artifical human. She's a lieutenant in the Novus Orbis Librarium, which is more or less the series' superpower and only official law enforcement, and you almost never see her without the standard uniform, so I guess it could go either way with Policewoman or Military Uniform. Waif would be a given considering how many jokes are made at the expense of her chest size. : P
Management: None/Stickler/Train Wreck
Noel wasn't exactly leader material, so she might not qualify for having a Management ability. However, if she were to have one, I can either picture it as her doing her best to follow your instructions to the letter or a fairly complete disaster.
Theme(s): Dedicated/Empowered?/Volunteer?
When Noel puts her mind to something, she follows it through. Thus, Dedicated. I know she can fight and is capable of initiating fights, but only when she feels threatened or insulted, so Empowered is a maybe. She also volunteered to manage a Chinese restaurant when its chef was debilitated (albeit with disasterous results), so Volunteer seemed like a possibility if she had a good enough reason.
Trait(s): Limber, Obedient?, Tough
Limber and Tough were picked because of her fighting style and her natural tenacity respectively. Obedient is a maybe, but I think it might be appropriate since she seems to follow orders from her superiors fairly easily. Not as easily as Tsubaki Yayoi, but she takes it to an extreme.
Special: {Dimensional boundary contact medium? The eye? Incompetent? Lacking lady? Poor cook?}
Not only was she the twelfth dimensional medium, but she also was the inheritor of the Azure and would become 'the eye.' Throw in a lot of no longer repressed pain and sorrow, and you've got a serious situation. Or perhaps she simply gains the ability of 'the eye' and starts 'observing' the world around her. She was never really good with her studies (or her work as Jin's secretary), though I think that may have been due to the number of estranged thoughts, memories and sensations she seemed to frequently experience. She was affectionately dubbed 'lacking lady' by Taokaka, and her cooking is the stuff of nightmares (Come to think of it, that sounds like a Trait all by itself. Killinary Artist, perhaps?). Anyway, these are all simply possibilities for what her Special may be.

Name: Noel Vermillion
Charisma: 45
Obedience: 60
Type(s): Homunculus?/Military Uniform or Policewoman?/Waif
Management: None/Stickler/Train Wreck
Theme(s): Dedicated/Empowered?/Volunteer?
Trait(s): Killinary Artist, Limber, Obedient?, Tough
Special: {Dimensional boundary contact medium? Incompetent? Lacking lady?}

*phew* And with that, I need to rest my eyes... =_=

Last edited by Vava on June 3rd 2011, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite May 28th 2011, 1:45 am

wow
alot of changes

ill probably have to try everything out in a release to give a honest critiquing on it

otherwise it looks good to me,
thats my opinion on it
greatwhite
greatwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 28th 2011, 6:20 pm

*Looks left*
<.<
*Looks right*
>.>
*Leans over and stage whispers to greatwhite so loudly even the cheap seats can hear*
Umm, you do realize that the whole point of this exercise is for everyone to pitch in and help suss out the girls' stats, right? LOL Suspect

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 28th 2011, 11:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibwTSi5OiWQ&list=SL

17:00-19:57

That's me, there, at the end. The one with the ears. :<

Anyway, since I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, myself, I'm going to be trying to post a few statistic suggestions every so often. I'll personally be focusing on characters that I'm at least fairly familiar with to try and avoid making really bad assumptions about them.

Name: Mei-Fang
Charisma: 30
Sex: 15
Constitution: 85
Obedience: 40
Morale: 30
Type(s): Buxom Babe/Exotic?/Fighter?/Homunculus
Management: Assembly Line/Housekeeper/Multitasker
Theme(s): Dedicated/Domestic/Empowered
Trait(s): Detatched?, Limber, Love Machine?, Tough
Special: [Ether element? Search for creator?]

Name: Officer Jenny (Junasaa)
Charisma: 40
Sex: 45
Obedience: 50
Refinement: 45
Type(s): Policewoman
Management: Coach/Uniform Standard/Well Respected
Theme(s): None?
Trait(s): Morning Person?, Rest?
Special: [Multiple Jennies?]

Name: Utsuho Reiuji (Okuu)
Charisma: 40
Sex: 50
Constitution: 65
Obedience: 80
Morale: 45
Refinement: 30
Type(s): Bakemono/Buxom Babe?
Management: None/Ground Swell?/Train Wreck
Theme(s): Adventurous?/Wild?
Trait(s): Curious?, Happy?, Obedient?, Tough
Special: [Birdbrain? Power of the Sun? Unyu?]

... *sigh* I feel that I should state my reasoning behind every decision I've made, here, but I'm starting to think that using mountains of text to describe each of my individual choices would just get repetitive really fast. And besides, I'm suddenly feeling really out of it, again, and I can't seem to find the words...

(Note to Self: Make a Trait based off of the concept of slow-witted characters... >.>)
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite May 29th 2011, 1:00 am

i meant i like the new model of sorting out the girls
and i wouldnt be able to see if the new model is good/bad without trying it out first in a release
greatwhite
greatwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 29th 2011, 12:27 pm

To quote the late, great Strother Martin, it's clear that what we have here is failure to communicate. The only question is whether it's greatwhite that doesn't quite understand what Vava and I are getting at or if he understands it fine, was simply making an aside observation and Vava and I are misunderstanding him. Since it's not exactly clear just who it is that isn't quite up to speed, allow me to recapitulate the main points thus far:

1) The purpose of this thread is for the entire group to work together in order to hammer out what each girl's stats, Types, Themes, Traits, etc should be in the final game design. Basically, each person would submit their conception of how the girls they're most familiar with should be represented in-game, with everyone else sounding off on whether it seems appropriate or if they feel any changes should be made. Then, in the case of the more obscure girls that no one is really familiar with, discussion could ensue on the finer points until a concensus is reached. At least, that's how I understand Vava's intention although it's possible I could be misunderstanding everybody, in which case all I'm doing is making things worse. LOL

2) greatwhite's response seems to imply that he mistook Vava's rallying cry as a simple showcasing of the new format, much like I've done in the past whenever I first unveil a new aspect of the game model. However, it's also possible that he got the gist of it just fine, the bit about needing to see the new method of sorting out the girls in a release before being able to give an honest critique of it was nothing more than an aside, apropos of nothing, and the only mistake he made was in not identifying it as such so nimrods like me wouldn't misunderstand.

Hopefully that brings us all up to speed now and I haven't, as I said, misunderstood everyone and just made matters worse. I was going to give my impressions on Vava's interpretation of the three girls he cited as an example of the cooperative effort I'm pretty sure he's going for with this thread but I'm only even vaguely familiar with Officer Jenny, only knowing the other two even existed thanks to online research after they were suggested for SimBro, so I don't really feel qualified to do so. One thing I will say though is that I think briefly explaining the reasoning behind the choices made (much like was done back when everyone was discussing stats the first time, or was that on the other foum?) is a good idea. Yeah, it'll get repetitive but it'll have to be discussed anyway any time someone has a different opinion of what a girl's stats should be and a concensus needs to be reached, right? For instance, when Faris Sherwiz was first suggested (admittedly under the old system) her Sex stat was listed as 70 for reason of her being a pirate leader and I immediately disagreed because if I remember correctly even her crew still thought she was a man (although there was some reason to believe that a few of them at least suspected the truth). There was no evidence of her being into girls and while a gay pirate wouldn't be exactly unheard of if she played it that way she'd undoubtedly have to deal with at least a few crewmen who wanted to 'get into the captain's good graces' so to speak. Chances are she wouldn't have taken the risk of anyone learning her true gender and thus spent many a long night alone in her cabin with her 'peg leg', leading to much frustrated desire but very little or no actual experience and thus a much lower score.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua May 29th 2011, 4:32 pm

While we are here might we re tweak some of the already existing girls stats? like Urd having all bottom states due to the fact she was the 'Hard' difficulty's goddess.

and too large wall o text give me a minute to read through it. >.<

Name: Selvaria Bles
Charisma: 60
Sex: 10
Constitution: 90
Obedience: 75
Morale: 100
Refinement: 70
Type(s): Buxom Babe Fighter Military Uniform (Valkyrie?)
Management: Uniform Standard (she is a general)
Theme(s): Dedicated
Trait(s): Tough Rest Splendid Body
Special: She has Valkyria blood so she can insta steroid and deflect tank rounds with a lance. >.> also she heals a lot faster then humans. (in game Valkyrias will randomly spontaneously regain all health.)

I just cant help it, shes just that overpowered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juCH3QKyR1c&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6-uMHLW_aw
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava May 29th 2011, 10:07 pm

To be fair, a lot of the girls are overpowered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SfSzI6LD6o

I was originally thinking that we'd leave the the stats of the girls who were introduced by Pooolka as they were, sort of as an homage to the original games. Then again, that may be just about as desirable as how keeping the 'Trombe override glitch' seems to me. Might as well see what everyone else thinks about it at the least (I'm fine with either keeping their stats or reworking them).

(Explanation Time: "Trombe" is the name of the theme of a particular boss-turned-player character from the Super Robot Wars Alpha series. Because his theme was considered a 'boss' theme in the game's mechanics, it would override the normal music of the player units. This resulted in a glitch that causes his theme to override the themes of other bosses after he has joined your side. Because they apparently thought it was clever, Banpresto has included that 'glitch' in any game featuring him. It's actually a really catchy theme, and I personally like it, but not when I'm fighting the final boss of the game and it cuts off the rather suspenseful music. Basically, it ends up becoming one big mood killer.)

Anyway, I always have some sort of reasoning behind my decisions; I was just really out of it last night. So, I think I'm ready to clarify those last three.

Mei-Fang
Charisma--I might as well start by saying that I'm only vaguely familiar with the characters of Arcana Heart (played the first installment a bit, have yet to play the third), so I probably shouldn't have gone ahead and worked out her statistics. Everything I present here is based on what little actual information you can find online and my impression with the character from what little I've seen from her in gameplay. (Oh, hey, there was a manga adaptation? Not sure if I should look into that...) Anyway, I gave her a Low rating due to her straightforward, somewhat antipathic behavior towards others. I guess she's supposed to have a broad emotional spectrum, but she doesn't really seem to use it that much (her creator wishes she would smile more)... She probably doesn't have the little bit of social charm that even Kagami would have, but her physical assets would probably be enough to bring her up to speed.
Sex--She's programmed primarily with domestic functions and martial arts. I don't think her creator would have gone ahead and installed anything regarding this subject (at least not heterosexually, anyway), and, coupled with the aforementioned coldness of her personality, I don't believe it would be the most enjoyable experience. Definitely below most girls in terms of performance, but most likely above those who have yet to delve into their sexuality a little further.
Constitution--The *mechanical* stamina needed to be the best homekeeper super science can create. Considering that she's also pretty straightforward in playstyle and her combos do some pretty good damage, I think she might deserve such a high rating.
Obedience--She'd probably be a bit willing to follow your orders, but for her own reasons moreso than responding to your authority. Comparable to Ayane or Tifa, in my opinion.
Morale--She doesn't really display enthusiasm. Purpose, but not enthusiasm. Again, I looked at Ayane when I picked this number.
Refinement--I was looking at Fran when I set this number. Proper speech, mostly. Body language and social skills could use some improvement, but not so much because of offensiveness.
Type(s)--Buxom Babe because she's got a very distinct bust out of the characters in Arcana Heart, both in normal art and battle sprites. I'm not entirely sure if Chinese clothing would be considered Exotic in Mioya, so it's a maybe. She's not a Fighter by profession, really, so it probably won't apply to her. Being a robot, Homunculus was a given.
Management--A combination of the various factors of her personality that I had described to explain her base stats.
Theme(s)--Dedicated because she's spending her time and energy to diligently search for her creator. Domestic because of her knowledge of 4,000 years worth of recipes. Empowered because she's certainly not afraid of getting her hands a little dirty (dirty, not bloody <.<).
Trait(s)--I should probably rename Detatched to something that just makes the character sound... well, not so heartless, really. Her movements are very fluid and her body is very durable, which should give her Limber and Tough (though she probably doesn't need the latter due to her starting Constitution range). Love Machine is to be taken literally, here, but it's worth debating.
Special--I believe her entire body is made out of substances composed of ether, the fifth element (next to earth, fire, air, and water). She's apparently a robot designed after element-based technology; though I'm not sure exactly what that means in the series, that can definitely mean something in SimBro. Probably not as much as her search for her creator, Mei Ling Hua.

Officer Jenny (Junasaa)
Charisma--*See Special before reading anything regarding Jenny, first* On average, I'd say that Jenny's personal magnetism was probably leaning towards average. In retrospect, this might be more appropriate at 45, but I think I was looking at Rukia when I picked this.
Sex--On average, I don't think Jenny is actively partaking of the courtship rituals that most people endure, but she's probably had some experience somewhere in her past. Maybe.
Constitution--Just a bit above average. I was looking at Celes for comparison, primarily, as she was a former general of the Gehstalian Empire.
Obedience--Some level of independence, some willingness to follow orders. Personality differences could play a factor in this.
Morale--As with Obedience, this would probably only deviate from dead-center through a unique personal experience. Otherwise, she's normally depicted fairly level.
Refinement--Has good manners, body language and social skills, but of a lower/middle-class variety. Was using Motoko as a comparison.
Type(s)--It's almost in her name that she be given Policewoman. Other than that, I don't think anything else would apply to her.
Management--Picked a few Management abilities that I thought a well-respected member of law enforcement would have access to. Wherever she is, Jenny does her job well.
Theme(s)--To be honest, nothing really stuck me as belonging to Officer Jenny. Not to Jenny in general, anyway, but maybe to a particular Jenny...
Trait(s)--*shrug* I think Jenny should have something, anything, but that would require her having a unique background story. Which none of them really go in to (except maybe for, what, one or two episodes and then they never see that one again :/).
Special--Like Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny was something of a recurring character in the Pokemon animated series. They explained her (I remember Joy saying this, at least) ability to appear in every city the group went to by having her state that every one of them was a sister. All identical, all working the same profession... Kinda scary, now that I think about it... Anyway, though they're all similar, they each have their own unique qualities. (Brock was able to point this out during the first season's tournament, as he could recognize the different Officer Jennies by (IIRC) posture, clothing material and perfume scent. Perfume scent I remembered for sure.) What does this mean for SimBro? *shrug* Who knows.

Utsuho Reiuji
Name--Apparently, the character for Utsuho can also mean 'sky,' which can be pronounced 'kuu.' Thus, a few people call her 'Okuu.'
Charisma--I personally think she's pretty cute, but I also don't think she really has the grace of persuasion. Wasn't exactly leading anybody when she trying to take over the world... >.>
Sex--Considering that she's been spending every day for the last god-knows-how-long tending the flames of the Hell of Blazing Fires, I don't think she's had a lot of practice. However, she
is a Bakemono (a hell raven, at that), so she probably has some natural ability. Maybe.
Constitution--Tended the Hell of Blazing Fires for years, a Stage 6 boss, and pretty strong in Hisoutensoku. Glancing at Haruhi, though, I don't picture Utsuho as being manic strong.
Obedience--Utusho... Well, she seems sensitive to suggestion. Apparently, after fighting her, Sanae was easily able to convince her to perform another duty. Was looking at Osaka for a comparison.
Morale--About so-so on the enthusiasm scale, but I think I was still using Osaka as a basis.
Refinement--Definitely lacking in class, but not intentionally. Dammit, Osaka, stop being relatable to Utsuho!
Type(s)--She's a hell raven/yatagarasu fusion, so she's obviously a Bakemono. People seem to like depicting her with a fairly large bust, so Buxom Babe might be a possibility if that's how her accepted art makes her appear.
Management--Again, she didn't exactly lead anyone when she tried to take over the world. Coupled with a seemingly simplistic mindset, I don't think she'd be the best of leaders. Ground Swell was thrown in to present a third option.
Theme(s)--Invading the upper world was entirely her idea, and she was pretty determined to see it through, so I thought Adventurous was a possibility. As for Wild, I may have been considering the 'power of the sun' that she's obtained control of...
Trait(s)--Curious, Happy and Obedient all seemed to come together to represent her simple mind. Tough has the same reasoning as her Constitution rating.
Special--Her birdbrain-ed-ness might best fit as another Trait of some sort, since there are probably a few other simple-minded girls in our list, but I wouldn't know what to name it or how it would function. That 'power of the sun' I mentioned earlier is actually nuclear fission/fusion, which she has complete control over. 'Unyu' was a sound she made on a particular stage that has since been attributed to her as a meme of sorts (like "mukyuu" (Patchouli), or "daze" (Marisa), or "so nano ka" (Rumia)).

*whew* Okay, I'm going to try and post another three girls, tonight, but I may or may not get sidetracked, so we'll see about that. <.<
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 May 31st 2011, 6:57 am

Vava wrote:I was originally thinking that we'd leave the the stats of the girls who were introduced by Pooolka as they were, sort of as an homage to the original games. Then again, that may be just about as desirable as how keeping the 'Trombe override glitch' seems to me. Might as well see what everyone else thinks about it at the least (I'm fine with either keeping their stats or reworking them).
Well, let's see.

Urd: gazillion year old self-proclaimed 'Goddess of Love' who crawled out of a semi-pornographic video tape, tried to convince Keiichi to have sex with Belldandy, offered to teach him how personally (all in her first appearance) and remained a second class goddess at least in part because she 'lacks inhibition' -> Sex: 20

Washu Hakubi: 20,000 years old in her humanoid form, was married and had a child 10,000 years ago, offered Tenchi the choice of a handjob, titjob or blowjob in order to collect a 'DNA sample' before deciding herself to give him 'the full course' (and then promptly being interrupted by Mihoshi) -> Sex: 20

Chii: complete blank slate having to learn everything including language from the ground up, permanent virgin due to the location of her reboot switch -> Sex: 35

Yeah, let's rework those, m'kay? *snork*

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Icaros June 2nd 2011, 7:44 pm

Are the submitters supposed to supply a detailed reasoning for each of the statistics/traits/themes/etc as Vava has shown? That seems quite... time-consuming, and while I can understand how it's useful it might just be too big of a hurdle to get over.

Icaros

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 June 2nd 2011, 8:51 pm

Icaros wrote:Are the submitters supposed to supply a detailed reasoning for each of the statistics/traits/themes/etc as Vava has shown? That seems quite... time-consuming, and while I can understand how it's useful it might just be too big of a hurdle to get over.
Admittedly, Vava can get very detailed with his explanations but then again I'm OCD and I like that sort of thing. As for how detailed they need to be, well, I'd say 'however detailed they need to be'. LOL I know, I know, you're probably thinking wow this alasdair guy sure has a knack for not answering questions, huh? But think about it. Some characters are going to be obvious, it's a pretty safe bet that Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist is going to have a relatively high Sex score for instance. But some of these girls are incredibly obscure and the only thing most of us know about them is what we got from a quick Wiki search when they were first suggested so we might need a little more rationale for why so-and-so has a god-like Constitution or no Charisma whatsoever or qualifies for such-and-such Trait. And that's not even taking into consideration that different people can interpret the same data in radically different ways, like in the Faris Sherwiz example I made earlier. Yeah, it'll be a little time consuming here and there to write it all out and read through it but I'd rather make sure we're all on the same page now and have the girls balanced properly than to wait until the game is done and out there and suddenly get flamed by the three people in the Western Hemisphere who actually know who some of these girls are and are pissed off because we screwed up 'the best character EVER!!!' *rolls eyes*

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava June 3rd 2011, 12:08 pm

To be fair, I want to say that you don't have to include the massive text dumps that I'm posting with my submissions (because it really does inhibit how often I can do this, especially with the condition my wrists are in). But, as Al has mentioned, different people will have different opinions and rationales for the same characters, and so describing why we see the girls the way we present them can help improve the speed at which they are incorporated into the game by cutting down on the time spent negotiating what they should be.

... But, yeah, it does take a long time, so I want to say to just go ahead and skip all that. Just, you know, be prepared to explain yourself if someone else who's familiar with the character doesn't see eye-to-eye with you.

Speaking of new girls and lengthy explanations, I think I finally got my headache-inducing wall-o'-text under control... that only took me four days to write... :S Yeah, again, if you don't want to do lenghty descriptions you don't have to. I'm just doing things the way I want to do them (or maybe it's by compulsion, I dunno).

Name: Ika Musume
Charisma: 25
Constitution: 80
Obedience: 65
Morale: 55
Refinement: 25
Type(s): Bakemono/Lolita?
Management: Multitasker/Short Sighted/Train Wreck
Theme(s): None
Trait(s): Naive*, Rest, Spoiled, Tough, Tsundere
Special: [Invader? Squid traits?]

Charisma: I made a direct comparison to Yuffie, here. Both are, in my opinion, cute in their own ways, but their personalities are normally abrassive, sometimes unbearably so (like by stealing all of your materia... or by smashing a wall to kill a mosquito...).
Sex: I'll be honest, I don't think she'd have a clue as to where babies come from. That said, I do think that she'd have a level of raw talent, partly because I have this discrimination towards Bakemono Types, partly because I don't think she'd experience the human element of shame regarding something that kinda needs to be done to keep the species going, anyway.
Constitution: She possesses a rather high level of physical strength (mostly in the tentacles), and she has enough physical fortitude to recover from a lot of things (like getting her tentacles chopped up).
Obedience: Despite her ambitions for global conquest, she's very,
very impressionable. Seriously, all you'd probably have to do is simply ask her nicely to perform a task and she'd get right to work. How long she continues to do it depends on how long it takes her to realize that she was doing something else... Oh, and a woman she had just met managed to convince her that she was actually an extraterrestrial and not a squid.
Morale: So-so, I'd think. She's excitable and has her highs and lows, but she's normally somewhere near the middle.
Refinement: Yuffie, again. 'Nuff said.
Type(s): Well, she's certainly a squid, so she's a Bakemono. Her body type seems to lean towards that of a Lolita in my opinion, and most people depict her as such (though, as always, by varying degrees).
Management: In her brighter moments, she's capable of handling a number of tasks (or objects, usually) with a relative amount of ease. However, she's also prone to moments of overconfidence or overexcitement, which is how she ended up being indebted to the Lemon beach house in the first place.
Theme(s): None of the Themes seem to fit her, really.
Trait(s): Naive is a Trait I thought up a long time ago but forgot to submit. It's intended for characters who... well, just haven't quite formed a complete image of the world around them. They're not stupid; just in the dark so to speak. Rest and Tough were picked for the same reasons I gave for her Constitution rating. If she wants something, she's not adverse to pestering for it, so Spoiled seemed appropriate. Despite the fact that she's upset with humans for polluting the ocean, she's also touched by the compassion and selflessness they can display, but she doesn't openly admit it, making her a bit of a Tsundere at times.
Special: Her ambition is to rule over humanity, but she quickly discovers that she has to put that on hold once she realizes just how difficult it really will be. Being a squid, she has a manner of physical and personality traits that relate to the common variety. These include things such as her ten 'hair' tentacles, the ability to spit ink, bioluminescents, an (un?)healthy obsession with shrimp, and a phobia for anything that resembles an aquatic predator (sharks, whales, crocodiles, etc.).

Name: Komachi Onozuka
Charisma: 65
Sex: 45
Obedience: 35
Morale: 35
Refinement: 30
Type(s): Buxom Babe/Demon or Monster?
Management: None/Ground Swell?/Price Slasher?
Theme(s): Empowered
Trait(s): Rest, Tough
Special: [Can't kill? Ferryman? Manipulates distance? Slacker?]

Charisma: A bit of personal discrimination, here. At the same time, although she doesn't exactly have the most charming of personalities, she would seem to possess a sort of otherworldly grace to her. Her name might also be a reference to 'Ono no Komachi,' which would make her name slightly synonymous with 'town beauty.'
Sex: Now that I think about it, why exactly did I pick this rating? I mean, sure, she's had perhaps all the time in the world to have learned something, but, considering her occupation, I don't know if she would have had enough opportunities... This was probably based on personal discrimination (and staring at the three names under 45...).
Constitution: Fairly fit. I mean, she does have to row her own boat back and forth for perhaps an eternity...
Obedience: She's not exactly a trouble maker or stubborn, but she does insist on taking everything at her own pace, even when her work starts to pile up (which helps create the events that take place in Phantasmagoria of Flower View, since a bunch of wayward souls decided that possessing flowers was better than sitting around and doing nothing <.<).
Morale: Lower than normal, since she's pretty much preoccupied with death, but not too low to keep her from doing her work (or slacking off from it).
Refinement: Plus or minus five, here. For all the mysticism she has, I don't think she would have much social grace. Again, especially because she's obsessed with the subject of death.
Type(s): She has a distinct bust in her picture in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, and most artists give her one regardless. I'm not sure if being a shinigami would count towards any of the racial Types, but I'm leaning towards Monster, since Demon would suggest her being a soul-draining succubi of some sort.
Management: Ground Swell and Price Slasher were simply thrown in to give more options. Every other option simply seemed like too much effort for her to care.
Theme(s): She's one of the playable characters in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, so she's quite capable of fighting. She'll also apparently throw your soul overboard to be fed to giant fish and prehistoric beasts if you don't pay the toll to get to the afterlife...
Trait(s): Same reasoning I gave for Constitution, Obedience and Theme.
Special: She is a ferryman shinigami, tasked with taking deceased souls to meet their judgment. Because she's a ferryman shinigami and not a reaper, she cannot kill a living thing (I'm not entirely sure if it's an impossibility or if it's just frowned upon, but I want to say it's the former). Her unique talent is the 'ability to manipulate distances,' which is normally applied to determining the length and width of the river which she ferries souls but can also be used to manipulate 'apparent distances.' As I've stated several times, she tends to take things at her own pace, and is known to simply bail on her work for periods of time.

Name: Yuyuko Saigyouji
Charisma: 80
Sex: 55
Constitution: 35
Refinement: 65
Type(s): Buxom Babe/High Class Lady/Monster?
Management: People Person/Popular?/Well Respected
Theme(s): Tease?, Worth It?
Trait(s): Friendly, Happy?, Ladylike, Lucky?, Smile?
Special: [Appetite? Invokes death? Saigyou Ayakashi?]

Charisma: More personal discrimination, but she'd definitely be high up there. She has a distinctly charming personality that is capable of lulling people into a sense of security, despite the knowledge that she can kill any living person on a whim.
Sex: Let's see... personal discrimination, and finding her comparable to other girls under this rating. She may be a ghost, but she's definitely capable of love... You'll probably see me give relatively high ratings to the other 'baba' characters in the future.
Constitution: This score could probably be a little lower, but I wouldn't lower it by more than 10. Lacking a physical body with which to exercise and leading a cozy(?) existence for centuries will do this to you.
Obedience: With an easy going and playful personality, she just doesn't strike me as a character who would give you a lot of trouble, you know?
Morale: It's kinda hard to say. On one hand, she's, well, dead. On the other, it really doesn't seem all that bad, especially with her title and accomodations. Probably somewhere near the center.
Refinement: A ghost princess with a courtesan level of charm.
Type(s): Pretty much every 'baba' character in Touhou is depicted with a distinct bosom, so Buxom Babe was unavoidable. She's the princess of Hakugyokurou, a sort of netherworld separate from Heaven and Hell. I'm not sure if being a ghost would qualify for a Racial Type (considering she doesn't exactly appear ghost-like), so Monster is a maybe.
Management: People Person and Well Respected came foremost to mind, based largely on her personality. Popular I wasn't entirely sure about, since most people tend to fear her for her ability to kill effortlessly, but it might still be applicable.
Theme(s): Tease seemed like a possibility to me, since she's prone to nonsensical remarks and yet still charming. Worth It seemed to also stand out for these same reasons, so they'd probably be best if applied to her together rather than separate.
Trait(s): A lot of my previous reasonings blended together for me to end up with what I picked, here.
Special: She makes a number of food-related remarks in Imperishable Night, and has since become popular as a 'hungry ghost' fanonically. She's capable of killing any living person without resistance, and it was this very ability that drove her to commit suicide. However, she never uses this ability without a very good reason, and it was because of her level of responsibility with this power that she was granted her own netherworld to look after. Lastly, the Saigyou Ayakashi is a powerful youkai tree that mesmerizes people into falling into a peaceful but fatal sleep beneath it, allowing it to harvest their souls. Yuyuko's body was buried beneath this tree in order to act as a seal, preventing it from using its powers to lull more victims to it. She also eventually forgot that it was her body that was under this tree.

*phew* Now that that's finally taken care of, I need to present my idea for the Trait, Naive. While I'm at it, I might as well take a crack at Killinary Artist, as well.

Killinary Artist: The girl is either a culinary disaster, or she's only capable of catering to the most 'refined' of tastes. Effect: The Domestic level of the Building is reduced by two. (It is possible for a Building to receive a negative rating, thus incurring some potentially 'generous' penalties.)
Naive: The girl is still, for whatever reason, figuratively wet behind the ears when it comes to understanding the world around her. Effect: This girl gains a Charisma bonus each day, but has a greater chance of harmful events.

... Huh. That doesn't seem like such a bad idea, making Traits that could affect the Themes. Well, maybe, anyway. I guess I'll have to see what Al thinks about it.

And since it's apparently been a week since I started this thread, I think I'll update the stat comparison tables to include all the girls who've been suggested to this point in them.

EDIT: Two last things to mention.

--Added Killinary Artist to Noel Vermillion's Traits.
--After double-taking at Selvaria's Refinement, I think it should probably be a lower value. This isn't based on me actually knowing her character, per se, but rather that I imagine it would take an unearthly level of Refinement to surpass Zelda's starting score... Anyway, feel free to argue with me about this, since there's probably a bit of personal taste in this opinion of mine.
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava June 13th 2011, 11:09 pm

*sigh* After this post, I think I'm going to forgo including my lengthy explanations. I mean, I know I'll need them at one point or another if someone else's views differ from what I present, but, at the same time, they really are hindering me trying to at least post a few girls every so many days. Though I suppose they do also help provoke thoughts about other applicable features for the game, but still, I'd rather be making some progress as opposed to no progress.

Name: Rydia
Charisma: 55
Sex: 20
Constitution: 40
Obedience: 40
Refinement: 45
Type(s): Exotic?/Mage
Management: Artist/Campaigner/Perfectionist
Trait(s): Limber, Splendid Body, Summoner?
Special: [Growth spurt?]

Charisma: This is most likely based on personal reservations, but I think a lot of people can agree that she has a certain appeal to her. Oh, and, just as a heads up, I haven't played FF4 Interlude or After Years, so I'm a bit behind on all of her details. Everything I present, here, is based on what I learned about her from FF4.
Sex: She more than doubled in age physically over the course of a few weeks (months?). Although, I suppose that depends on how you interpret the desynchronization of passing time between Earth and the Land of the Summons (since it could be that she experienced all of those years over that period). Regardless, I don't think she would have had much exposure to this subject for that duration (... Damn my imagination...).
Constitution: Her primary weapons are whips, and there's a ryona-type game where you can play as her (and I must say, she sure can move). However, she's still a mage-type character and has a corresspondingly low Max HP in FF4, so I'm gonna have favor a Low rating.
Obedience: She fights back against Cecil and Kain, even managing to briefly summon Titan and rip a new one into the surrounding mountain range (then again, you kinda did kill her mother indirectly <.<). She's still upset when Cecil manages to get her to the next town, but she opens up when fends off some Baron soldiers who had been sent to finish the job that he had started. The more I think about it, though, it might be okay to give her another five or even ten in this stat...
Morale: If I don't have a good explanation, I'll probably just say so. Which I'm doing right now.
Refinement: Fairly well mannered, but certainly not refined.
Type(s): As a black caller, she's definitely a Mage-type. Her outfit is a little outlandish to me, so Exotic seemed like a possibility.
Management: Gonna be honest; I just slapped some Management abilities in, here.
Theme(s): I had originally put Dedicated and Adventurous, here, but, after taking another look at it, I wasn't even sure why I had picked those, so I'm gonna leave this blank for now.
Trait(s): Limber is based off of the aforementioned ryona game. Splendid Body is partially based on personal opinion (but I think it's agreeable, at least). Summoner is only a maybe since it's hard to say at this point if it will be includable or not in the final game.
Special: As I said earlier, she experienced a sort of advance in physical age by spending time in the Land of the Summons. She could probably be encountered as an NPC (or an assistant, if that mechanism is implemented) first, something or other could happen, and then she'd be available as a worker. Well, it's a thought, anyway.

Name: Suika Ibuki
Sex: 35
Constitution: 90
Obedience: 35
Morale: 85
Refinement: 15
Type(s): Lolita/Monster
Management: None/Short Sighted/Train Wreck
Theme(s): Empowered, Wild?
Trait(s): Rest, Smile, Tough
Special: [Density? Gourd of Never-Ending Sake?]

Charisma: Another character I found comparable to Yuffie. Well, sort of, anyway.
Sex: While I don't think she'd have many reservations, the fact that she'd probably crush her partners with her physical strength might pose as an impediment... Huh... That actually sounds like a Trait...
Constitution: Claims to be capable of tearing down the Mountain of Youkai with her bare hands. Even if she couldn't, she could certainly tear down a lot of other sturdy objects with ease.
Obedience: I don't really view her as especially disobedient or difficult to work with, but I do think that she'd be prone to behaving the way she would want.
Morale: Too jovial and tipsy to be found in some emotional quagmire.
Refinement: Not exactly a lot of class to her... Maybe this should be lower?
Type(s): Though the Touhou characters can be depicted at almost any age category, Suika is typically shown with a Lolita figure. Monster is applicable because she's somewhat obviously an oni.
Management: Expect to see a lot of "None/Train Wreck" combinations whenever I think a girl wouldn't have what it takes to lead.
Theme(s): Certainly not a shrinking violet, therefore Empowered. Wild is something I'm not entirely sure about, though, since I see it as describing her bedside manner as... well, wild, and I'm not one-hundred percent certain what hers would be like.
Trait(s): From what I've noticed in her fighting game sprites, she's almost always got a Smile on her face (though this is assuredly due to her inebriated state). Tough comes natural being an oni and all that. For some reason, she strikes me as a character who gets up quickly after being knocked down, so to say, and so Rest just seemed to stand out for some reason.
Special: She has the ability to manipulate 'density,' typically represented as her altering her size or making smaller 'pieces' of herself. Apparently, the gourd she carries with her produces an infinite amount of sake. While this could potentially beneficial to any house she works in, it also means that you will never find her sober...

Name: Yuuka Kazami
Charisma: 65
Sex: 50
Constitution: 50
Obedience: 20
Type(s): Buxom Babe/Youkai
Management: Promoter/Shallow/Slavedriver
Theme(s): Empowered, Tease?, Wild
Trait(s): Debutante?, Ladylike?, Morning Person
Special: [Flowers?]

Charisma: This might be better with a lower rating, as she's described as not being charismatic, but I think I applied that to her Refinement score moreso than this one. In this case, I'm probably thinking of what sort of feeling one would experience when around a very powerful youkai. Basically, I was thinking more of the invisible strength of her personality rather than her ability to be charming.
Sex: *shrug* Nothing really comes to mind to push this in either direction, so I just left it dead center.
Constitution: Hmmm... Well, she's fanonically regarded as 'slow but powerful,' so a higher rating in this score might make sense. Then again, nothing really stands out as an example of physical endurance for her, so I guess I'll just leave this dead center, as well.
Obedience: Don't upset her. Period.
Morale: "I have nothing" is getting a little repetitive, isn't it?
Refinement: Described as being uncharismatic in Mystic Square do to her nature of making her intentions unclear. Also a reputable liar, as demonstrated in PoFV. ... I dunno, I thought the rating was fitting, somehow... Plus or minus five wouldn't hurt, I suppose.
Type(s): As with the other baba-type characters in Touhou, she's typically depicted well-endowed. She's stated as being a Youkai of some sort, but exactly what kind I'm not exactly sure (probably related to flowers in some way). Now that I think about it, I wonder if danmaku-users should also be considered Mages...
Management: ... I guess I don't have a lot of reasoning for these choices. Well, except for Slavedriver (she's depicted as a sadist).
Theme(s): An
extremely powerful youkai with an appearingly sadistic personality. This is the reasoning used for all three Themes, but I wasn't sure about Tease since I think that it should require a certain level of social grace, as well...
Trait(s): She seems to have a physical grace to her, so Debutante seemed like a possibility. Ladylike is only a maybe after taking her Refinement reasoning into consideration. Morning Person just seemed to fit for a flower-related youkai.
Special:

(Note to self: Party Animal. Look into it.)
Vava
Vava

Back to top Go down

Post  fred u derf June 14th 2011, 9:34 pm

this suggestion may arrive way toooooo late in your process to be of any help -- but...

i notice that you are assigning a precise numeric value, presumably between 0 and 99 (inclusive), for some of the girl's attributes: charisma, sex, constitution, obedience, morale, and refinement. i believe prior games have treated these as percentages.

from a software development perspective, such precise values may not be necessary.

perhaps instead select one of 5 "bands" and then let the game choose a precise value randomly from within the given band. so maybe the bands are: None (0-19), Below Average (20-39), Average (40-59), Above Average (60-79), and Excellent (80-99).

and of course the number of bands can be changed and the names of the bands can be changed and each band's range can be changed (in particular the bands need not be of the same size... maybe a bell curve would be better...) and also there can be a different set of bands for each characteristic(s) if that helps.

so you do not specify a precise number; instead you specify the name of the appropriate "band".

just a thought

trying to make your life easier

ignore if it doesn't help

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 June 15th 2011, 1:54 pm

I’ve been mostly trying to avoid playing ringmaster in this particular thread because it’s Vava’s baby and I A) don’t want to give the appearance of trying to take it over and B) really appreciate him trying to muster the troops and get something done while I’m busy elsewhere with other things. (As an aside, RL has NOT been kind to me lately but I think I’ve gotten it mostly beaten into submission now and have returned to working on SimBro with a renewed determination.) With that being said, however, there are a couple of points that I do feel I need to bring up and/or weigh in on. The first is the matter of how much, if any, explanation to give when suggesting stats, et. al., for the girls, about which Vava recently had this to say:

Vava wrote:*sigh* After this post, I think I'm going to forgo including my lengthy explanations. I mean, I know I'll need them at one point or another if someone else's views differ from what I present, but, at the same time, they really are hindering me trying to at least post a few girls every so many days. Though I suppose they do also help provoke thoughts about other applicable features for the game, but still, I'd rather be making some progress as opposed to no progress.
Now, as a particularly long-winded SOB who also happens to have severe carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists I can certainly sympathize with how difficult and time-consuming (to say nothing of downright painful at times) it can be to type out a huge wall of text for every single girl and I can find no flaw in his thought processes regarding the issue so far as they go. There’s one very simple and yet very important thing that he’s failing to take into consideration though, which I will now demonstrate. Suppose I submitted the following character for mass consideration:

Name: Elfleda 'Effie' Mirjasdottir
Description: Effie is a ‘Dairy Fairy’ and maid from the Asterotte’s Toy anime.
Charisma: 55
Sex: 35
Obedience: 85
Morale: 90
Refinement: 50
Type(s): Bakemono (cow), Maid, Buxom
Management: Housekeeper/Indecisive/Popular
Theme(s): Domestic, Shy, Dedicated
Trait(s): Friendly, Happy, Morning Person, Obedient, Tough
Special: Gives high quality milk, which can then be sold for a small boost to house income.
Pretend for a moment that you’ve never even heard of Asterotte’s Toy (not a big stretch, I’m sure, since most of you probably haven’t). Once you get past the whole “What’s a Dairy Fairy?” and “Oh, she’s a cow?” and “Wait, she gives milk?!” stuff your reaction to the rest of it will probably be something along the lines of “Umm, okay, I guess I’ll just take your word for it. *shrug*”, am I right? I could put anything in those fields and if they’re utterly unfamiliar with the character and/or the source most people will just assume that since I submitted her I must understand the character enough to know whereof I speak and let it go at that. Now consider that out of 1853 girls on the lists at this moment I only know maybe 250 or so (approximately 13.5%) well enough to put together stat blocks for them and be reasonably confident in their accuracy and while several of you probably know more than that I doubt anybody is intimately familiar (so to speak, of course *snork*) with more than 20% or so. So it’s all well and good to have your rationale ready in case someone asks for it but chances are no one ever will, there will be no discussion and we’ll never be completely certain the stats we have are as good a match as we can possibly make them. But if I offered even a slight explanation for my numbers above, people would start to actually think about it and either consider it reasonable or begin to wonder whether that really justifies an 85 Obedience and a 90 Morale (yes it does, btw, I swear the stuff that poor girl gets put through and keeps smiling and coming back for more… *shakes head*). Basically, what it boils down to is that we need to provide at least some justification for our numbers to promote discussion, which in turn promotes consensus, but how do we go about that in a way that doesn’t make submitting and reviewing characters any harder than it needs to be? I actually think Vava himself has the answer to that, although he appears to have forgotten it. Here’s how he presented Ika Musume in this thread a couple of weeks ago:

Name: Ika Musume
Morale: 55
Type(s): Bakemono/Lolita?
Management: Multitasker/Short Sighted/Train Wreck
Trait(s): Naive*, Rest, Spoiled, Tough, Tsundere
Special: [Invader? Squid traits?]

Charisma: I made a direct comparison to Yuffie, here. Both are, in my opinion, cute in their own ways, but their personalities are normally abrassive, sometimes unbearably so (like by stealing all of your materia... or by smashing a wall to kill a mosquito...).
Sex: I'll be honest, I don't think she'd have a clue as to where babies come from. That said, I do think that she'd have a level of raw talent, partly because I have this discrimination towards Bakemono Types, partly because I don't think she'd experience the human element of shame regarding something that kinda needs to be done to keep the species going, anyway.
Constitution: She possesses a rather high level of physical strength (mostly in the tentacles), and she has enough physical fortitude to recover from a lot of things (like getting her tentacles chopped up).
Obedience: Despite her ambitions for global conquest, she's very, very impressionable. Seriously, all you'd probably have to do is simply ask her nicely to perform a task and she'd get right to work. How long she continues to do it depends on how long it takes her to realize that she was doing something else... Oh, and a woman she had just met managed to convince her that she was actually an extraterrestrial and not a squid.
Morale: So-so, I'd think. She's excitable and has her highs and lows, but she's normally somewhere near the middle.
Refinement: Yuffie, again. 'Nuff said.
Type(s): Well, she's certainly a squid, so she's a Bakemono. Her body type seems to lean towards that of a Lolita in my opinion, and most people depict her as such (though, as always, by varying degrees).
Management: In her brighter moments, she's capable of handling a number of tasks (or objects, usually) with a relative amount of ease. However, she's also prone to moments of overconfidence or overexcitement, which is how she ended up being indebted to the Lemon beach house in the first place.
Theme(s): None of the Themes seem to fit her, really.
Trait(s): Naive is a Trait I thought up a long time ago but forgot to submit. It's intended for characters who... well, just haven't quite formed a complete image of the world around them. They're not stupid; just in the dark so to speak. Rest and Tough were picked for the same reasons I gave for her Constitution rating. If she wants something, she's not adverse to pestering for it, so Spoiled seemed appropriate. Despite the fact that she's upset with humans for polluting the ocean, she's also touched by the compassion and selflessness they can display, but she doesn't openly admit it, making her a bit of a Tsundere at times.
Special: Her ambition is to rule over humanity, but she quickly discovers that she has to put that on hold once she realizes just how difficult it really will be. Being a squid, she has a manner of physical and personality traits that relate to the common variety. These include things such as her ten 'hair' tentacles, the ability to spit ink, bioluminescents, an (un?)healthy obsession with shrimp, and a phobia for anything that resembles an aquatic predator (sharks, whales, crocodiles, etc.).
Other than the comparisons to one of the Blue girl’s stats (which I’ve already said need to be reworked) it’s fairly well thought-out and informative but rather poorly organized, requiring a lot of scrolling up and down to match stats with explanations, and maybe a little wordy. Compare that with the way he presented the same character in the other forum about seven months ago:

Name: Ika-Musume (Directly translated as 'squid-girl.' She goes by no name or title other than this.)
Description: "Ika-Musume is a squid-girl from Shinryaku! Ika Musume" ("'Squid-Girl' is a 'squid-girl'"... Redundancy at its finest.)
Type: Bakemono/Lolita? (She has a thing on her head that resembles the top of a squid and her hair is actually ten fully functional tentacles. Though I believe she is a Lolita, some of the better pictures I have of her make her appear a bit more matured, so I left it with a question mark.)
Charisma: Low [25] (Definitely not a convincing or charismatic character.)
Sex: Low [40] (Squid aren't exactly romantic creatures. :/)
Constitution: High [80] (You need to be fit in order to avoid being eaten by sharks or whales. >.>)
Obedience: High [65] (Even though she's supposedly leading an invansion on humanity, she's very easy to manipulate.)
Morale: Average [55] (Not much gets her down for long.)
Refinement: Low [25] (She's a squid and all, but it's not like she's particularly crude or unruly.)
Management: Multitasker/Short Sighted/Train Wreck (Multiple limbs, short attention span and no leaderships experience in that order.)
Theme(s): None (You'd think that being an invader with limbs capable of crushing the life out of someone would make her qualify for Empowered, at least, but she gets easily overwhelmed by people and is actually quite timid at heart.)
Trait(s): Naive, Rest, Spoiled, Tough, Tsundere (Naive is a Trait that I decided to come up with that I'm sure would fit several other characters, as well; honestly, she just crawled out of the ocean and has no idea what the world is like. She recovers quickly from defeats and injuries, which Rest and Tough seemed to fit pretty well, and I swear that she undergoes a Tsundere moment at least once per episode. I'm not entirely sure about spoiled, since I'm only basing that off of the episode where she wanted to celebrate her birthday (despite her not knowing what day that actually would be).)
Special: Ideas -- Oh boy, here we go (1) Ten tentacles capable of feats of strength, finesse and delicacy. Very handy in domestic situations, among... other things... that I won't pursue... (2) She is capable of 'regurgitating' generous amounts of squid ink, which I guess is used as a sauce for spaghetti and is quite tasty. (3) Like rainbow squids, she is capable of emitting bioluminescent light. I'm not sure what functions that could serve in the game, but it's out there. (4) She's trying to conquer humanity to exact justice for them polluting the ocean. How's that for a story arc? (5) She kinda needs to remain near saltwater...

Synopsis: Though I find her to be such a strangely interesting character, I have no idea. Mid-tier at least.
Roughly the same information is given, but the older version gave it with 20% fewer words on 45% fewer lines, seems like it was a lot easier to write and is definitely a lot easier to read. All things considered, I’d say that’s the format we probably want to follow, what do you guys think?

The other thing I wanted to comment on was Fred’s post from yesterday, to wit:

fred u derf wrote:this suggestion may arrive way toooooo late in your process to be of any help -- but...

i notice that you are assigning a precise numeric value, presumably between 0 and 99 (inclusive), for some of the girl's attributes: charisma, sex, constitution, obedience, morale, and refinement. i believe prior games have treated these as percentages.

from a software development perspective, such precise values may not be necessary.

perhaps instead select one of 5 "bands" and then let the game choose a precise value randomly from within the given band. so maybe the bands are: None (0-19), Below Average (20-39), Average (40-59), Above Average (60-79), and Excellent (80-99).

and of course the number of bands can be changed and the names of the bands can be changed and each band's range can be changed (in particular the bands need not be of the same size... maybe a bell curve would be better...) and also there can be a different set of bands for each characteristic(s) if that helps.

so you do not specify a precise number; instead you specify the name of the appropriate "band".

just a thought

trying to make your life easier

ignore if it doesn't help
Just when I think I’m on top of things again and we’re all on the same page, something like this comes along and sets me back on my heels. I just spent an hour or so digging through posts trying to find where exactly what Fred proposes was already discussed and decided upon, only to finally realize that barring a minor mention by me a looooooooong time ago the whole thing was dealt with and settled by Vava and Loup in the other forum. *snork* I think the reason I didn’t pick up on this before is that after submitting a few girls with nothing but the general stat ranges Vava started submitting them with a specific number and the range it would fall into, then finally just the numbers again, assuming everyone understood the ranges well enough to not need to waste time and energy spelling it out. An assumption that I unfortunately picked up on and even somehow applied between forums. Makes me wonder what else I’ve been assuming everyone over here knows that they really don’t, but that’s a whole different issue that I’ll look into later. As far as stats go, the intention has always been for them to be randomized within certain ranges and then modifiers added based on what part of town you pick them up in. There are actually seven ranges, laid out in a bell curve as Fred suggested: Nearly Non-Existent (01-05), Very Low (06-15), Low (16-35), Average (36-65), High (66-85), Very High (86-95) and Nigh God-Like (96-100). Instead of a numerical value, each of a girl’s stats will be assigned a specific range and the computer will randomly determine a base number from within that range whenever the girl first becomes available in each game, then assign location modifiers (also randomly generated within certain ranges) to determine the starting value of each stat. And since which girls are available in which areas (and thus the resultant modifiers) is also randomly determined at the start of each game, the same girl can have radically different specific stats in two different playthroughs while still conforming to the same general template vis-à-vis which ones should be higher or lower than average.

Welp, that's about all I've got on these particular topics so I'll hand the reigns back to Vava now and get back to the thousand and seven other irons I've got in the SimBro fire right now. Smile

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next