Happy Thanksgiving!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post  alasdair69 on November 25th 2010, 10:58 am

I know that with the war in Iraq, the economy in the US and a million other things it can be damned hard to see any silver linings what with all the dark clouds looming around us, but that's what makes today so important. Sometimes, even if it's just once a year, we need to sit back and think about all the things we have to be truly thankful for even if everything else is in the crapper. Sure, I may be stuck living with my mom and stepdad right now because of an ugly divorce and a bad economy but you know what? At least they're still alive and healthy. Sure, I wouldn't piss on my ex-wife if her head was on fire but you know what? At least, she gave me two great kids who I love with all my heart. Sure, I may be stuck working a crappy job for close to minimum wage but you know what? At least I have a job, which is a lot more than far too many people these days can say. And sure, between work and home and my own brain chemistry issues and personality defects it's taking me forever to accomplish anything substantial with SimBro but you know what? At least I've been lucky enough to find the best group of co-conspirators I could have ever asked for to help me with it. So go spend time relaxing with your loved ones and eating everything that can't get away from you fast enough (Sloth and Gluttony are two of my favorite Deadly Sins, after all). You've earned it and you deserve it and I'm just damned thankful that when it's over you'll still be here helping me make SimBro the best it can possibly be. I'll see you guys when I wake up from my turkey-induced coma. Very Happy

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top