Master List of Included and Suggested SimBrothel Girls

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master List of Included and Suggested SimBrothel Girls

Post  Blastburn on November 16th 2010, 10:48 pm

Okay, hey guys, good job on the wiki so far im actually overwelmed that it received such a response in a couple of days...

Thursday and Friday i will have more than enough time to sit and work on what i said i would do for these characters but i need to know a couple of things. What continuity am i doing this in, A made up kingdom named (whatever) or whatever...

Im just trying to figure out what i need to do and where, also the demon and angel girls what am i using them for... Razz

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on November 16th 2010, 11:41 pm

if we are using the slave maker location then its Moiya, however i think that sim bro flash version might have some name, the only thing i remember was the floating world or something like that.

what im attempting to do is trying to make up something smiliar to their original stories but twiking it every her and there.

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on November 17th 2010, 10:43 am

Joshua wrote:yea well ill see what i can do with the animal ear mess, cat_ears with out cat tails, and minus a lot of prohibited material still has 120+ pages problem is i dont really recognise a lot fo people that show up.
If that works for you then knock yourself out but anytime I try something like that I usually start going crosseyed after about the first 20 or 30 pages. I much prefer to figure out what characters might qualify first and then search for them specifically.

Vava wrote:Thanks for the statistics, Al. Also, this isn't really important or anything, but the school in Higurashi When They Cry is a small (one-room) school; they don't really have assigned uniforms or anything like that. Rena had been attending another school in her past, though, which would explain why she would have an actual uniform.
So that outfit Shion wears isn’t actually a school uniform at all, then? Well, that certainly explains a lot. I’ve managed to sort out most of the rest of the ones I mentioned, now I just have about 20 outlandishly garbed Military girls (seriously, when did midriff baring halter tops, bolero jackets and mini skirts become combat dress?) to go over, almost all of which are from either Code Geass, Gundam or Super Robot Wars, and the Touka issue to resolve. In respect to the latter, I’m about half tempted to ignore the fact they’re supposed to be wings, consider them big floppy ears and say she’s a basset hound Bakemono. LOL

Vava wrote:Also, good call on dropping Roll.EXE (I honestly can't find any decent pictures where the male ISN'T MegaMan.EXE).
Yah, and even those are mostly … less than wonderful. Add to that the fact that she pretty much falls into all the same categories and niches as classic Roll, which makes her fairly redundant as well. Roll Caskett, on the other hand, having more and better images, not being a robot AND having another name to potentially go by instead of just a suffix, is different enough that I don’t really see any problem including both.

Joshua wrote:as for the whole pokemon thing iv allways liked the gym leader misty more (with the wet suit) and from what i gather the games, anime, and manga are each a different continum, and the anime is mostly by itself, and the game somewhat influence the manga (basically take the games names and now they are manga versions)
Vava wrote:As for Pokemon, it's as Josh says. The anime has it's own continuity separate from the games, and the manga are heavily influenced by the games (but still within their own continuity; otherwise, five out of the eight gym leaders in Kanto would have all been part of Team Rocket). As far as game continuity goes, though, I think only the first and second generations of Pokemon were actually connected while the other generations were in their own separate continuities, but that's just me. Also, I didn't clarify my stance on Misty's appearance; I prefer her second look. That's probably due to the fact that the first Pokemon game I beat without exploiting glitches was Silver (the Game Boy version, back when Pokemon had this hidden 'bad ass' undertone that your imagination seemed to produce as you played it).
I’m aware of the different continuities but I like to leave no stone unturned when looking for character info, story and special ideas, hints about age, etc., and so long as the info doesn’t actively contradict anything else … *shrug* As for the timeline of the games, official information states specifically that Gen II takes place 3 years after Gen I and since Gen III and IV contain remakes of games in Gen I and II they’re considered by most to occupy approximately the same chronological periods. And that’s two votes now for Misty’s new look and one for Sabrina’s old one. I agree on Sabrina, as I feel the new one lacks a lot of the individuality that the first one had, but I’m in the opposite camp from you guys on Misty. Admittedly, part of it is probably just a matter of being used to her old appearance (since I didn’t even know about the new one until what, day before yesterday?) but I can’t help thinking the new one is … sort of bland, really, as well as looking a lot more than just six years older than she was in her debut. But that’s just me, I’d still like to hear from more Pokemon fans to see what the majority of them think, you know?

Vava wrote:Keep my eyes open for possible Catgirls/Bunnygirls? Alright. I don't really know any characters who did that as their major schtick, but a few 'distant' examples come to mind (that you're probably already aware of :S). Dragon Quest 8 allows you to get a complete Bunnygirl outfit for Jessica (it's not a bad armor during the earlier parts of the game, but it quickly loses value). Also, to my recollection, the Berserker class in FF5 caused Lenna and Faris to don animal girl-like attire (I think Lenna was something like a Catgirl and Faris was something like a Wolfgirl; I know I've seen h-material of them in that class, anyway, so I should probably doublecheck). Anyway, I know that those examples don't really help much, but it's what's coming to mind, right now. :/
Again though, none of those are primarily and iconically known for those outfits, they’re just alternative ways to dress them up. At this rate, even if every single one of the candidates I posted earlier turn out to be usable Catgirl is still going to be the rarest Type in the game (which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing, since it pretty much always has been in the past) but if none of them do, or even only a couple, I may have to do the unthinkable and just not have a Type called Catgirl at all.

Joshua wrote:if you feel you can make a better story feel free, since for example nel i had no idea cept the whole hit head no memory part was actually in bleach but how do i explain shes basically a demon from a different world?
Vava wrote:I don't think it would be that hard to explain Nel's background, considering that we've got so many types of monster girls already. ... I probably should have copypasta'd all that information I was getting from SlaveMaker regarding religious lore. That explained so much of that game's setting...
Actually, it’s not that hard. Nel (and Harribel) was (is) an Espada, which is a class of Hollow and Hollows by definition are essentially a variation of a creature in Eastern folklore called a ‘hungry ghost’. Not sure how I missed that before but it suddenly hit me yesterday, along with the fact that I’d forgotten to add Trish to the list of Demons (I also switched her out with her alter-ego Gloria while I was at it since Gloria is more visually distinctive and somewhat more sinister looking as well).

Joshua wrote:on the whole wiki story thing though, i have been making up some as i go, but since it keeps logging me out im the random contributor. and there must have been a giant war, since so far feldt, mist, nephenee rydia and zelda, have something i can work of war.
Vava wrote:I've been doing my best to get as many pages up on the Wiki as possible (I've been aiming for 50 per day, which I haven't quite finished for today; just ten more...), but I'm also trying to think up some crummy little starter background stories while I'm at it. So far, the only girl I've given one to is Cirno (because the story was stuck in my head for months), but I can probably work out a few other girls. ...
Well, you guys have fun with that but me personally? I’m going to wait until I have the whole game world and who is what and from where nailed down before I even begin worrying about story specifics. That way I don’t have to keep rewriting all the stories as the background material evolves.

Vava wrote:Also, I'm sure Al's already experienced this, but I'd like to say this: I've gotten this strange sensation as I've been searching for the display pictures. It's like, regardless of whoever it is I'm making a page for, I can't seem to feel hostility for seeing them included. It's like, I'm not just fine with their inclusions, I'm happy with them...
Well, I can say that I’ve never felt any hostility about any girl being included but I can’t say that I’ve considered that to be much of a ‘strange sensation’. I guess I can see why someone might not want certain girls included, in fact I got a request from one guy to not use the Galaxy Angels girls because the games were ‘refreshingly wholesome compared to the vast majority that are out there’ or something of the sort, and admittedly there was never any overtly explicit content in them even though the concept of a relationship between a 20-something and a 13 year old IS a bit sketchy. But I can honestly say that I’ve never yet encountered that reaction in myself.

Vava wrote:Are we still going with P'fil? This is just a personal request; I'd feel a bit better about it if I could see the pictures she'd be using.
I don’t see any reason why not to use her. And, as I am a beneficent deity, here are the pics in question:
Spoiler:

Vava wrote:Not going to allow any of the other generic characters from the Dragon Quest games? What about their other face characters?
Well, we kinda sorta have this rule about them being unique characters, you know? Exceptions have been made in one or two cases to fill niches and once (Kirin) because the art was good and she’s really, really hot but overall I’d have to say generic characters from anygame are highly unlikely to be used but unique characters are certainly fair game.

Vava wrote:So, did Videl lose her last name (Satan) when she married Gohan or something?
Either that or I’ve never actually run across her referred to that way so I didn’t think about it. My money’s on the latter. *nods* The only reason full names are listed in the first place though is so there are other options if two or more girls have the same given name and she’s the only Videl we’ve got so far so it doesn’t make a lot of difference but I’ll update her entry on the master list.

Vava wrote:Celty Sturluson doesn't appear to have a head... Ever... I'm fine with that, personally, but I was wondering if you were aware...
I was actually wondering how long it would be before someone brought this up (considering I’m the one who put her on the list and all) and it took a lot longer than I thought it would. Technically, she has a head, she’s just misplaced it, which is something of a long story, but let’s be honest, unzip that jumpsuit a little and most guys probably won’t even notice. *snork* Seriously though, I’m always aiming for variety, trying to add something different, and you have to admit a headless horsewoman is certainly that. Plus, she’s got everything else and canonically, in-continuity it’s all been proven to be in perfect working order.

Vava wrote:Sangokushi Taisen--Some card game based off the Three Rings setting/era in China. I came across it as I was looking up display pictures for the Dynasty Warriors (a.k.a. Shin Sangoku Musou) girls and I thought I should bring it up.
Cool, I’ll have to look into it sometime. Just curious but did you have any luck finding glamour shots for the DW girls? All the decent art I could find of them had them holding various weapons, which makes sense considering it’s a fighting game and all but of course we’re trying to shy away from that.

Blastburn wrote:Okay, hey guys, good job on the wiki so far im actually overwelmed that it received such a response in a couple of days...

Thursday and Friday i will have more than enough time to sit and work on what i said i would do for these characters but i need to know a couple of things. What continuity am i doing this in, A made up kingdom named (whatever) or whatever...

Im just trying to figure out what i need to do and where, also the demon and angel girls what am i using them for... Razz
Taking them in reverse order, the demons are just regular use girls, mostly available from the Slave Market, while the angels (along with the nuns and valkyrie) are given by Benten for completing quests like the Joker girls from v1-2.

As for the continuity, the game is set on Ukiyo Island, also called the Floating World, part of the city of Mardukane, capital of the nation of Mioya. Like most anime/manga settings, Mioya is a hodge-podge, kitchen sink sort of country that, if I had to describe it concisely, would be like a cross between feudal Japan and Renaissance Europe with magic and non-human races tossed in. Imagine a Dungeons & Dragons campaign on high quality hallucinogens and with a greater emphasis on sex. LOL Here’s a rough draft I came up with quite some time back that goes into it in more detail. A lot of the fiddly details have changed, and a lot more probably will before it’s done, but it still covers the basics pretty well.

“The world of Sym, like many such worlds, is a strange and wondrous, yet somehow oddly familiar, place. Under the Old Gods, it flourished and grew for millennia, many races and strange creatures sprang up, tribes arose and fell, wars were waged, magic was wrought and art was created. But as wild youth gives way to adulthood and the arrival of birds and buds heralds the advent of spring, the arrival of New Gods signaled the beginning of a new era for Sym. In the twelve and a half centuries since the fall of the Old Gods, as the civilizing influence of the New Gods spread, much on Sym has remained the same but much else has changed. Some races perished while some, like humanity, flourished and others retreated to the deep forests and other out of the way places. Where once there were tribes, now there were nations. Basic science was discovered and settled into a peaceful coexistence with magic. And in the center of one of the continents, a small trading village called Mardukane became the capital of a wealthy nation known as Mioya.

“Surrounded on all sides by rapidly expanding empires, Mioya assured its independence and quickly grew to become the wealthiest of them all through its trade in and training of household slaves and pleasure workers, both of which are always in great demand. Far from being cruel human trafficking though, slavery and prostitution in Mioya is more a consensual financial arrangement wherein a person’s debts are settled or a monetary payment is advanced to their family in return for a certain period of indentured servitude. Nor is either considered degrading; a filial child who enters service to save their parents is regarded with sympathy, even admiration and approbation, and on the expiration of their term in the brothels a girl is still considered a virtuous and marriageable woman. Slavery and brothel service are the most common sentences for minor crimes and offenses, several major contests and tournaments offer lavish prizes for the winners while the losers are enslaved, and there are even some professional slaves who make a living at it. As a result, slaves and prostitutes are everywhere in Mioya although an outsider might not recognize them as such due to the amazing amount of personal freedom they enjoy and the great care with which they are typically treated. For, while some inhumane masters do exist who mistreat their slaves or deceitful brothel procurers who obtain their services fraudulently, the law protects them as a valuable national resource. Besides, most people realize that a slave will not remain so forever and with a slight difference in fortune their positions could easily be reversed. There is one faction of Mioyan society though which does not approve, and that is the temples. Most of the New Gods (the primary exception being Benten, goddess of love, passion, beauty and elegance and thus patron of prostitutes and courtesans) consider both slavery and prostitution to be immoral and therefor their clergy preach against it, at least in public. They are wise enough to understand however that without it the economy of the entire country would collapse, so while many sermons are devoted to the evils of slavery and casual sex a blind eye is turned towards it most of the time. This is made easier by the fact that, like with most trades, the majority of the business gets done within fairly centralized districts. In the case of prostitution, this would be Ukiyo Island.

“Many years ago, the Oiran, as the head of the newly established Pleasure Workers’ Guild was called, decided on Ukiyo Island as the site of her headquarters and built a lavish structure right in the center to serve as an administrative hub and main place of operation. As business boomed and the guild grew, the area immediately surrounding the headquarters began filling up. Luxurious bordellos and stately homes sprang up, along with the shops of merchants and artisans, teahouses and theaters, a Slave Market, refreshment stands, restaurants and all the other subsidiary enterprises necessary to cater to the needs of the many prostitutes and their clients. Over the years, more businesses opened on Ukiyo Island and more and more pleasure women moved (or were moved) there and as space became a premium those who could afford it began building up instead of out, until the main businesses in the center became grand palaces. Soon Ukiyo Island resembled nothing so much as a small city within a city, radiating out like the petals of a newly opened flower and home to some 2500 prostitutes along with a huge infrastructure. A large, self-contained pleasure quarter offering all manner of diversions, an evanescent world of impermanent, fleeting beauty and entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane and the everyday, which came to be referred to as ‘The Floating World’.

“After crossing the Bridge of Hesitation (so called because customers have to weigh the cost and their purse before entering) and passing through the Great Gate, there is a small shrine to Benten on the left and an information center to the right. At the information center a map of Ukiyo is posted alongside news, advertisements for some of the more prominent businesses or even individual courtesans and a directory or ‘who’s who’ of the various inhabitants of the Floating World and their accomplishments. This directory is published by the offices of the Oiran and updated periodically, and the critiques and appraisals it contains can often have a big impact on a brothel or courtesan’s reputation and business. Straight ahead lies the main boulevard, lined down the center with pink cherry trees, yellow roses and colorful hexagonal lanterns, that stretches all the way to the Slave Market at the opposite end of the island. The entire length of the boulevard serves as a huge permanent open-air market full of stalls and kiosks selling anything imaginable, freak shows featuring peculiar animals, deformed humans and stranger things, parks and impromptu rings for amateur wrestling matches, martial arts tournaments and sporting events. In the center lies the Palace district and from the Central Palace the Oiran’s Court, presided over by the current Oiran, governs Ukiyo, census-taking, policing, collecting taxes and issuing and enforcing rules and regulations. Assisting her in this are the Ward Leaders, operating from the smaller Palaces and each overseeing one of the four wards, established several years ago for administrative purposes and based on the cardinal directions. A further division developed more naturally over the years as those who found success and earned their fortunes wanted to be closer to the movers and shakers and an upscale neighborhood formed around the Palace district. Those less affluent settled in on the outskirts of this neighborhood and so on until five distinct districts formed stretching from the opulence of the Palace out to what can only be considered Slums at the very edges, sometimes nearly up against the water. This tightly packed and microcosmic state of affairs, running the gamut from the extremes of wealth and abject poverty, has led to a certain ritualization among the women who live and work there. Birth rank holds no distinction in the Floating World, but there has arisen a strict hierarchy according to beauty, character, educational level, artistic skills, cultural refinement, deportment, accomplishments and earning power. Most women are simply ‘nighthawks’; having no especial skills or rank they live in the Slums and sell sex for a modest fee in order to eat. But if a girl is outstanding enough she can rise in the ranks of the courtesans for which the Floating World is justly famed. Exceptional women who outshine their lowly counterparts in both beauty and talent and dressed in the highest fashion, the courtesans are of a splendor wholly different from that of the ordinary woman. Even one of the lowest rank is elegant but one of the highest will have the education of a great lady, and to entertain her clients will practice the arts of dance, music, poetry and calligraphy, literary allusion, witty word play and sophisticated conversation. Self-confident but also soft and yielding, innocent but experienced, available and faithful, a high-ranking courtesan is peerless and priceless and only the wealthiest and highest ranking can hope to patronize her. She is given an elegant name handed down from the courtesans of old and addressed in the formal language of deference established at court. What she wears frequently dictates the fashion trends among the wealthy for the rest of Mioya, and many become business owners themselves or even celebrities outside of the pleasure district. But while treated like royalty they have many rules and standards of behavior that they must abide by and any breach could be seen as reason for a courtesan to be no longer fit for her station and she would be demoted.”

Last edited by alasdair69 on November 18th 2010, 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on November 17th 2010, 1:25 pm

alasdair69 wrote:So that outfit Shion wears isn’t actually a school uniform at all, then? Well, that certainly explains a lot.

It might be (they have a lot of costumes lying around, as evidented in the Cat Killing chapter), but it most likely isn't. Besides, to my knowledge, I don't think Shion was going to school in the series. At least not originally, anyway...

alasdair69 wrote:I’ve managed to sort out most of the rest of the ones I mentioned, now I just have about 20 outlandishly garbed Military girls (seriously, when did midriff baring halter tops, bolero jackets and mini skirts become combat dress?) to go over, almost all of which are from either Code Geass, Gundam or Super Robot Wars...

http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2005-11-05-4855.jpeg

I dunno, I just felt like leaving this here. >.> But, yeah, a lot of the military uniforms that modern anime like to portray don't really make sense.

alasdair69 wrote:...and the Touka issue to resolve. In respect to the latter, I’m about half tempted to ignore the fact they’re supposed to be wings, consider them big floppy ears and say she’s a basset hound Bakemono. LOL

Out of curiosity, do they ever so much as hint as to what she's supposed to be in her source material?

alasdair69 wrote:Roll Caskett, on the other hand, having more and better images, not being a robot AND having another name to potentially go by instead of just a suffix, is different enough that I don’t really see any problem including both.

Roll Caskett is also an OCD perfectionist mechanic. Think Winry without the agressive temperment and the ability to take a rusted pipe and a water-drenched bottle rocket and turn them into a high-velocity sniping cannon. She's also jokingly depicted as a gold-digger (due to the high prices she charges for upgrading your weapons, which Tron actually brought up during your first fight against her in the second game ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ky0o2jZGNY ; 6:45-9:18)), but I actually have personal experience to counter those claims.

I started a Very Hard file once roughly four years ago. However, during a point in the game (specifically, when the Birdbots were attacking the entrance to the second ruin), I could not advance as my weapons couldn't deal enough damage to stop the endless assault that would inevitably lead to a Game Over. I made another attempt at Very Hard just last year, during which I spent three or four hours grinding for money (roughly 3.5 million zenny) around the start of the game in order to fully upgrade the Homing Missile weapon (since it gets infinite ammo and has a hell of a rapid fire function). I went against the first boss (a frog-like Reaverbot that ate dragonfly Reaverbots to regain life). When it openned its mouth to reveal its weak point, I let loose with missiles, expecting to do maybe one-fifth or one-fourth of its life in damage. Well... it was more like two-thirds of its life... in the space of no more than three seconds... on Very Hard. Needless to say, that weapon got me through the game almost effortlessly. (Until I reached the train battle. Oh dear god, I never want to do that, again.)

alasdair69 wrote:
Vava wrote:Are we still going with P'fil? This is just a personal request; I'd feel a bit better about it if I could see the pictures she'd be using.
I don’t see any reason why not to use her. And, as I am a beneficent deity, here are the pics in question:

... Okay. Seems to be in working order. I'll get her page started, today.

alasdair69 wrote:Cool, I’ll have to look into it sometime. Just curious but did you have any luck finding glamour shots for the DW girls? All the decent art I could find of them had them holding various weapons, which makes sense considering it’s a fighting game and all but of course we’re trying to shy away from that.

Actually... not really. I suppose if I look around on Pixiv (or even g.e) I could probably find some, but, for the most part, the pictures either contain nudity or a weapon (or both :/). For now, I've just been going with pictures where it doesn't look like they're getting ready to take your head...

alasdair69 wrote:Imagine a Dungeons & Dragons campaign on high quality hallucinogens and with a greater emphasis on sex.

That basically summed up my first D&D campaign in one sentence. >.>

Also, 'yay' for the background information.

Anyway, I should go try to fill that 'fifty new pages' quota for today...

Oh, and I corrected Seras Victoria's name.

*Edit*

Came across another series I'm not too familiar with: Nurarihyon no Mago. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be about, but I recognized this one girl (a yuki-onna) I had been seeing frequently enough.

Also, in regards to the girls from Makai Tenshi Jibril, am I to assume that you wanted them portrayed in their angelic forms?

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on November 18th 2010, 12:32 am

Vava wrote:But, yeah, a lot of the military uniforms that modern anime like to portray don't really make sense.
To be honest I’m not terribly concerned with whether or not the uniforms make sense really, if they look suitably militaristic then I classify them as the Military Type. The problem I keep running into is figuring out which girls from unfamiliar series are supposed to be in the military, then figuring out what their most common/iconic appearance is so I know what outfit to judge the militaristic-ness of and use in the game.

Vava wrote:Out of curiosity, do they ever so much as hint as to what she's supposed to be in her source material?
Since I’ve never played the game or watched the anime I haven’t the foggiest, but nothing I’ve found online anywhere is very forthcoming. All I’ve been able to suss out is that 1) it takes place in the far future where everyone’s DNA has gotten blended with that of animals and the various animal types have formed nations amongst themselves, 2) Karura is a Giriyagina (panther person, despite my initial misunderstanding that she was a dog person), 3) Urtoriy is an Onkamiyaryuu (bird person) who has wings growing from her back and 4) Touka is an Evenkuruga (???) who has wings growing out of the sides of her head. This, to me, makes no sort of logical sense.

Vava wrote:... Okay. Seems to be in working order. I'll get her page started, today.
Heh, so glad you approve; I can only assume you were worried about the whole ‘roughly penis-sized in her original continuity’ thing? Well, I’m not trying to be a douche or anything and I certainly don’t mean any disrespect but I made all the rules we’re using, did you honestly think I’d allow a girl in (especially one I personally put on the list) that couldn’t be made to abide by them? Razz LOL

Vava wrote:Also, 'yay' for the background information.
Just bear in mind that is, as stated, a rough draft, which is why it’s so crappily written. It’s pretty much just me gathering all the disparate info I want to incorporate into one place for reference purposes. Factually, it’s basically mostly accurate but stylistically it’s a mess so try not to judge my writing skills too harshly based on it, okay? Embarassed

Vava wrote:Oh, and I corrected Seras Victoria's name.
Did you? Did you really? Are you sure? Wink See, there’s a lot of confusion regarding that name. Etymologically and onomastically it makes no sense at all unless you assume rather a lot of mythology-based sideways thinking on the part of the mangaka, who has outright stated that he came up with it as an afterthought while he was pressed for time. He further stated that he never bothered to come up with an official Anglicization of it and implied that whatever anyone else wanted to use was fine with him. Now, I’ve never watched any of the anime or OVAs and only read the English translated manga up through chapter 6 but both Alucard and Integra did refer to her as ‘Victoria’ on more than one occasion and I found a reference online (now lost to the vagaries of the internet and bad memory) that stated when Alucard first asked for her name she replied “Seras, Victoria” (note the comma) and for either humorous or apathetic reasons was then dubbed ‘Seras Victoria’ for the remainder of the series. All of which is simply to say that I listed her as ‘Victoria Seras’ because I was under the impression it was actually (albeit obscurely) correct, although in the final analysis it really doesn’t matter. Either way works for me, there are neither any other Victorias nor Seras’ on the list so either would work for the game and not even the character’s creator really gives a damn. *shrug*

Vava wrote:Came across another series I'm not too familiar with: Nurarihyon no Mago. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be about, but I recognized this one girl (a yuki-onna) I had been seeing frequently enough.
You know, I came across that series too when I was researching yokai many, many moons ago and made a mental note to check into it later when I had more time, then promptly forgot all about it until now. Thanks for reminding me, dude.

Vava wrote:Also, in regards to the girls from Makai Tenshi Jibril, am I to assume that you wanted them portrayed in their angelic forms?
You assume correctly and also remind me of something else, something that I meant to share with the rest of the class back when I first posted the master lists. I’ve stated on numerous occasions that the old Joker Girl system will be reconfigured into a sort of divine intervention where Benten assigns quests and then gives you a girl for successfully completing them, and even stated that the nuns, valkyrie and angels are meant to be a big part of that. Well, what I meant to share then and will do so now is the lists of girls that are on the main list solely to fill that particular niche. First though, a little background:

Quests will be assigned every 28 days, provided the main girl makes it to the shrine to pray on the appropriate day; if she doesn’t then she’ll miss getting a new quest as well as any girl she might have earned for successfully completing the last one. That means that the total number of extra girls gained is going to be bumped up to 10 instead of 9 and you’ll actually have a chance to use the last one you get for a while (albeit only about 3 weeks) instead of getting her just as the game ends. The first 3 quests will be rewarded with nuns, the next 3 with valkyrie, the next 3 with angels and the last one with another of Benten’s demigoddess offspring, giving us a chance to use some of those other goddess-types that have been suggested/submitted. Since there are 3 main girls to choose from (at least initially *insert evil snicker here*) and they’re all getting quests we’ll need 9 each nuns, valkyrie and angels and 3 demigoddesses to provide full coverage, but I want 12, 12, 12 and 6 to allow for random selection in each game and thus more replay value. With that being said, here are the girls from the main list who fill each niche, color coded as to their current status vis-a-vis pics:

NUNS
Black Lagoon: Eda
Chrono Crusade: Rosette Christopher
Claymore: God Eye Galatea/‘Sister Ratae’
Days of Memories - Junpaku no Tenshitachi: Ayame Ichitsuka
Dragon Quest 03: Priestess (Placed here as a niche filler before more and more nuns started cropping up, so as soon as we have enough unique ones she’ll be the first to go.)
I’m Gonna Nurse You [Kango Shicyauzo] 01: Eimi Katakura
I’m Gonna Nurse You [Kango Shicyauzo] 02: Elena Bianchi, Maria Nagasaki
I’m Gonna Nurse You [Kango Shicyauzo] 03: Giulia Bianki
Kannagi - Crazy Shrine Maidens: Hakua ‘Zange’ Suzushiro
Mahou Sensei Negima: Misora Kasuga, Sister Shakti
Mai-Hime: Yukariko Sanada
Prism Ark: Theresa Tilette 'Sister Hell' Shinsui
School Rumble: Sarah Adiemus
To Aru Majtsu no Index: Index Librorum Prohibitorum
Touhou: Ichirin Kumoi

VALKYRIE
Adventure of Valkyrie - The Legend of the Time Key: Valkyrie
Ah! My Goddess: Lind
Haramasete Valkyrie: Eleanor, Eunice, Iris
Ikusa Otome Valkyrie: Aaliyah, Hildegarde, Leia, Skuld
Odin Sphere: Gwendolyn
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie: Valkyrie
Valkyrie Choukyou: Bruennhilde, Gerhilde, Ortlinde, Grimgerde, Helmwige, Roszweisze, Schwertleite
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Hrist, Silmeria

ANGELS
Arcana Heart: Angellia Avellone
Beat Angel Escalayer: Sayuka Kouenji/Escalayer
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan: Dokuro Mitsukai, Zakuro Mitsukai
Digimon: Angewomon
Disgaea: Flonne (Note that the only thing holding Flonne back from being green is my anal-retentive insistence on using her angel form as opposed to her fallen angel form.)
Happy World: Elle Omura
Makai Tenshi Jibril: Hikari Jinno/Jibril Aries, Rika Manabe/Jibril, Luvriel, NAGI (New Angelic Gaia Interface) Jinno/Jibril Zero
Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt: Panty Anarchy, Stocking Anarchy
Persona 03: Angel (Another non-unique who’ll go the way of the buffalo once enough unique angel characters become available.)
Pita-Ten: Misha
Queen’s Blade: Nanael
Ragnarok Online: Randgris
Samurai Spirits, a New Theory: Bushido Biographies: Tenhime, Tokihime
Shinra-Bansho: Shirokarasuou ‘Crochet’ Kurooshe, Aruma, Ruriel
Sora no Otoshimono: Ikaros
Steel Angel Kurumi: Kurumi, Karinka, Saki
Tales of Symphonia: Colette Brunel

GODDESSES
Ah! My Goddess: Hild, Peorth
Ikusa Otome Valkyrie: Loki
Kannagi - Crazy Shrine Maidens: Nagi
Mabinogi: Nao Mariota Pryderi
Saint Seiya: Saori Kidoh
Touhou: Hina Kagiyama, Kanako Yasaka, Suwako Moriya, Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Minoriko Aki, Shinki, Shizuha Aki
Valkyrie Profile: Freya

As you can see, we’re well supplied with goddesses but barely holding our own with nuns and valkyrie and actually about a pint low on angels. Something else for us all to keep an eye out for, I guess.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou on November 18th 2010, 1:08 am

Another nun to add. I have yet to get all the data together on all the girls in these games (Moero Downhill Night Racers 1 and 2), but I do have the data (well... still figuring out traits and specials, but I have rest and pics) for Maria Yano, the nun.

Name: Maria Yano
Description: Maria Y. is (I swear to God) a nun by day and downhill auto racer by night in Moero Downhill Night Riding I.
Type: Nun with Glasses
Charisma: High
Sex: Almost non-existent
Constitution: low
Obedience: High
Morale: Average (she is a balance.. nun… street racer…. Moral and rebelling)
Refinement: Low
Management: Uniform Standard
Theme: Adventurous.
Trait(s):
Special:

I uploaded her pics at

.. http://rapidshare.com/files/431540608/MariaY.zip

If you look at Maria customer 2.pic and maria customer 2b.pic, you will note I had to do a lot of work on that. That shot came from her virgin voyage.

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on November 18th 2010, 10:28 am

Ok so, starting working on the stuff now... im thinking we should add tags for the girls who were originally in the game first to seperate them from the others, that way i can do stories for them first.

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on November 18th 2010, 3:00 pm

Ok so, sofar looking at all the girls i have come up with a couple of ideas for the game.

#1- Aerith
Vava wrote in the profile
"A poor girl from the slums, she began to sell flowers to help pay of her mother's debts, after some one offered to purchase her 'flower' her income has sky rocketed."

I was thinking this for the game, What if she comes toyou to sell herself instead of you buying her at market...

"Aerith comes to you heartbroken, she has been contemplating selling herself into prostitution for some time now but has always hated the thought. Now with her home in the slums being foreclosed on she feels she has no other choice but to become a prostitute, knowing she needs the money not just to help herself but also those in the slums where she is from."

Giving Aerith, and any of the girls a more personal story like that allows the player to really get a feel for a more 3 dimensional character not just a "I'm horny do me now" play thing.

#2 Android 18

Im thinking she should definitely be in the slave Market.

"18, her lot number from the Slave Market, No one knows her real name or the blood she shed in her past. All the Slave Master would say about her when he sold her to you was that she was beautiful but would not hesitate to hurt someone if they crossed her."

18 becoming the first official "Prositution or Jail" in the game lol

#3 Konata Izumi

"A bit of an odd child, she looks so young but she came to me practically begging me to become a prostitute. With a bit of looking into her past and her age i decided that i would take her as one of my own... after all who am I to crush the dreams of a young girl."

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on November 18th 2010, 3:22 pm

alasdair69 wrote:Since I’ve never played the game or watched the anime I haven’t the foggiest, but nothing I’ve found online anywhere is very forthcoming. All I’ve been able to suss out is that 1) it takes place in the far future where everyone’s DNA has gotten blended with that of animals and the various animal types have formed nations amongst themselves, 2) Karura is a Giriyagina (panther person, despite my initial misunderstanding that she was a dog person), 3) Urtoriy is an Onkamiyaryuu (bird person) who has wings growing from her back and 4) Touka is an Evenkuruga (???) who has wings growing out of the sides of her head. This, to me, makes no sort of logical sense.

*takes a moment to search Wiki/Google*

Hmmm... Well, from the vague description the series gives of the Evenkuruga, my guess is that they play a role similar to tengu. Also, looking at Touka's wing-ears gives me the impression that she's got some sparrow in her. Or maybe some bird of prey. In either case, I think that Evenkuruga sound somewhat like tengu, so they'd most likely be based off of some sort of (flying) bird.

alasdair69 wrote:Heh, so glad you approve; I can only assume you were worried about the whole ‘roughly penis-sized in her original continuity’ thing? Well, I’m not trying to be a douche or anything and I certainly don’t mean any disrespect but I made all the rules we’re using, did you honestly think I’d allow a girl in (especially one I personally put on the list) that couldn’t be made to abide by them? LOL

I was actually worried more about picture quality and the possibility of her being revoked based on a later-formed second opinion. Speaking of which, could you also show us what you've got for Excel, since I remember you mentioning that her pictures specifically were subpar?

alasdair69 wrote:Just bear in mind that is, as stated, a rough draft, which is why it’s so crappily written. It’s pretty much just me gathering all the disparate info I want to incorporate into one place for reference purposes. Factually, it’s basically mostly accurate but stylistically it’s a mess so try not to judge my writing skills too harshly based on it, okay?

Well, it had the facts, and that's what matters most right now.

alasdair69 wrote:Did you? Did you really? Are you sure? See, there’s a lot of confusion regarding that name. Etymologically and onomastically it makes no sense at all unless you assume rather a lot of mythology-based sideways thinking on the part of the mangaka, who has outright stated that he came up with it as an afterthought while he was pressed for time. He further stated that he never bothered to come up with an official Anglicization of it and implied that whatever anyone else wanted to use was fine with him. Now, I’ve never watched any of the anime or OVAs and only read the English translated manga up through chapter 6 but both Alucard and Integra did refer to her as ‘Victoria’ on more than one occasion and I found a reference online (now lost to the vagaries of the internet and bad memory) that stated when Alucard first asked for her name she replied “Seras, Victoria” (note the comma) and for either humorous or apathetic reasons was then dubbed ‘Seras Victoria’ for the remainder of the series. All of which is simply to say that I listed her as ‘Victoria Seras’ because I was under the impression it was actually (albeit obscurely) correct, although in the final analysis it really doesn’t matter. Either way works for me, there are neither any other Victorias nor Seras’ on the list so either would work for the game and not even the character’s creator really gives a damn. *shrug*

What kind of artist doesn't bother structuring a character's name? The same kind who makes an entire series loosely based off of one h-manga (or so I've been told, anyway)(this is also sort of how Excel Saga started, as well, actually...). I had always heard it as 'Seras Victoria,' and every source I check for reference seems to try to further cement this into my brain. I haven't seen a lot of the anime, and it's been years since I read any of the manga (so I don't know what page/volume to check for reference :<)... Oh well.

Blastburn wrote:Vava wrote in the profile
"A poor girl from the slums, she began to sell flowers to help pay of her mother's debts, after some one offered to purchase her 'flower' her income has sky rocketed."

I didn't write that. >.>

The only characters I've even touched as far as text is concerned are Asmodeus, Astaroth (who I'm starting to think should be renamed to Astarte since it makes a lot more sense; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astarte ), B.B. Hood/Bulleta, Cirno, Hinako, Kagami Hiiragi, and Q-Bee.

Also... I dunno, something doesn't quite sit well with me in regards to Aerith's and Konata's stories. I think it's the wording...

Anyway, good news, Al. I found another anime source for angel characters. Its called "Sora no Otoshimono" (something like "Heaven's Missing Property" according to Wiki).

Ikaros (Icarus?) -- http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=902104
Nymph -- http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=972070
Astrea -- http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=948679

So far, I've found more than enough pics to include Ikaros, but Nymph and Astrea are proving somewhat difficult.

Lastly. Loup, is it me, or do you have a thing for nuns? <.<

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on November 18th 2010, 3:30 pm

oof, well... not sure who wrote that then... ah well it was in the characters page...

I can always fix the wording but i just need to know if what im doing is good or not.

and as for the wording im confused whether i should say "you" to mean the Player or "I" to mean the Player... what sounds better?

Day 333 I/You get a Joker!

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on November 18th 2010, 4:32 pm

Next Idea:

Im thinking the more violent characters
YES like 18 and Anko

should be in the slave Market while other girls who are more docile shouldnt be
Slaves are usually needing to be disciplined (slave maker) where as other girls like Sakura Haruno are more docile and would probably be able to be purchased or "hired" normally...

What do you think? this allows for the girls to have REASON to be slaves

Demons, Vampires, Fran, Catgirls would be slaves cause they are exotic and will fetch a higher price get me?

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on November 18th 2010, 5:42 pm

Blastburn wrote:oof, well... not sure who wrote that then... ah well it was in the characters page...

I can always fix the wording but i just need to know if what im doing is good or not.

and as for the wording im confused whether i should say "you" to mean the Player or "I" to mean the Player... what sounds better?

Day 333 I/You get a Joker!

I think the word 'prostitution' doesn't appropriately describe what it is the girls are performing, as there is much more formality and structure to it than simply sex. Also, I'm voting on referring to the player as 'you,' since I don't think SimBro should be played from a first-person narrative/perspective.

Blastburn wrote:Next Idea:

YES like 18 and Anko

Slaves are usually needing to be disciplined (slave maker) where as other girls like Sakura Haruno are more docile and would probably be able to be purchased or "hired" normally...

Demons, Vampires, Fran, Catgirls would be slaves cause they are exotic and will fetch a higher price get me?

Well, yes and no. It's true that girls who cause problems and girls of exotic origin will most likely be found in the Slave Market, but that need not always be the case. Girls of exotic, inhuman races could easily use magic or bits of clothing to hide themselves and go about their business undetected, and not every girl who happens to be aggressive will have committed a crime (or get caught after committing one, for that matter).

... Now that I think about it, I'm beginning to think it might be best to wait and see how the final roster looks before assigning girls to 'Normal, Slave and Event' status since it would be easier to see the big picture and evenly distribute them accordingly. It can't hurt to throw a few girls into these categories right now, I won't argue with that, but, for the moment, we should probably focus on finishing the gap.

Also, sorry for the delayed response. I hadn't been starting any pages 'til noon, today, I had to spend fifteen minutes erasing the Eva-esque monster from Mari's display picture, and the Wiki's giving me lip, again. :/

... Oh, also, do you want girls to have the Original category if they first originated in the first game, or if they came from the first or second game, or if they came from the first or second game before the non-Pooolka patches and girls were added?

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou on November 18th 2010, 6:32 pm

I am sure, in final count, there will be some re-arranging girls from prostitute by choice, enslavement, and event, but I think that, for now, the people making the suggestions can choose from one of 4 options.

1. Choice
2. Captured/arrested (slaves)
3. Event (nuns, angels, etc)
4. I dunno. She could fit into any category. (the last added to give people unsure of who falls into what the option of leaving the choice to the designers).

As to attitude dictating slot, I dunno. There are some whores in the universe who are not particularly submissive, and there are some submissives who are not getting into the world of prostitution by choice.

As to the term "original," I am sure it can be validly argued that any of your suggestions can be accepted, but... just to draw a line... I think original should be original... SemBroth 1. But that is just one man's opinion.

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on November 18th 2010, 6:38 pm

I could also make two more categories titled "Version 2" and "V2 Update" respectively. >.>

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou on November 18th 2010, 7:27 pm

das cool

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on November 18th 2010, 7:43 pm

Dammit. Now I need someone to point me in the direction of a list that shows who was not originally part of SimBro2... I know the Fire Emblem girls weren't, for sure, but I don't actually have a list to help me...

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on November 18th 2010, 10:30 pm

Man, I go to work and you guys go off onto all kinds of weird tangents. LOL Right, let’s see what we’ve got here.

Blastburn wrote:Ok so, sofar looking at all the girls i have come up with a couple of ideas for the game.

#1- Aerith
Vava wrote in the profile

I was thinking this for the game, What if she comes toyou to sell herself instead of you buying her at market...

"Aerith comes to you heartbroken, she has been contemplating selling herself into prostitution for some time now but has always hated the thought. Now with her home in the slums being foreclosed on she feels she has no other choice but to become a prostitute, knowing she needs the money not just to help herself but also those in the slums where she is from."

Giving Aerith, and any of the girls a more personal story like that allows the player to really get a feel for a more 3 dimensional character not just a "I'm horny do me now" play thing.
Vava wrote:I didn't write that. >.>
It’s always been the intention that the girls would have more backstory than they’ve previously been given (which wouldn’t take much) and irrespective of who wrote what, in fact irrespective of who it was written about or even what it says, both of the above formats have a lot going for them and both are already slated for incorporation into the game, but you have to remember something here. This game is already going to be a lot more text-heavy than any SimBro iteration before it since there are going to be a lot more girls and a lot more options as to things to do each day, all of which will then need to be reported on at the end of that day so we don’t want to get too crazy with text where it’s not strictly necessary. There will be a short descriptive blurb for each girl that will be visible when you view her in the hiring pool, Slave Market, etc. or on her personal screen once you’ve hired/bought her and the first format above is perfect for that; it’s concise, it doesn’t take up a lot of space or time to read and it gets the point across. As for the other, you may remember that when I was explaining the Achievements I said something along the lines of:
alasdair69 wrote:Other Gallery content will become available when certain achievements are attained and will include things like alternate images for some of the girls, images of girls who didn’t make it into the game for whatever reason, background information on the gameworld and/or some or all of the girls, a checklist of all 1000 girls the game has to offer so people can keep track of who they need to play again to find (probably presented in discrete chunks), etc.
The idea is to have short bios for the girls that can be unlocked and read in the Gallery and that will have more detailed information about their history, personality, etc. to further individualize them from one another and avoid the whole ‘I’m horny do me now’ thing. This will provide the opportunity to go into further detail, as in the second format above, although we’ll still want to exercise a little restraint with it; no more than one short paragraph, I’d say.

Also, I apparently did an even worse job of getting my point across with that gameworld info than I thought. Please remember that we’re dealing with a completely different culture here and try not to ascribe emotional reactions or value judgments to a girl based on 21st Century American/European/whatever standards. Mioya is a small country completely surrounded on all sides by large empires but has not only maintained it’s independence but become richer than any of them by spending hundreds of years providing the one thing every nation needs: skilled human resources. Other countries hire out Mioyan artisans, craftsmen, household servants and yes, entertainers of all types, who bring a little of their employers’ cultures back with them when they return, and people from other lands come to Mioya to make their own fortunes, all of which creates a sort of cosmopolitan melting pot in which almost anything goes. Revealing or otherwise outré fashions hardly rate a second glance, unorthodox or downright bizarre customs and practices are around every corner and attitudes towards sex are a lot less restrictive. For them, working in the brothels would be akin to working fast food for us, maybe not their first choice but if times are tough there’s no shame in doing what you have to do. Hells, the pleasure workers even have their own guild, which is what this game is all about in the first place.

Also, while the term ‘slavery’ is used a lot it’s really more a form of indentured servitude. Owe somebody money you can’t repay? Work it off as a slave. Grandma needs some expensive medicine? The local procurer can take care of it if you don’t mind spending the next six months mopping somebody’s floor or whatever. Commit a crime? As long as it’s not something truly heinous it’s off to the Slave Market for a while (actually a pretty inspired solution for a small country with limited space - no prison overcrowding problem, plenty of manpower for public works and there’s even a fair chance they’ll learn a trade somewhere along the way). You could use the brothels or the Slave Market as a sort of temporary service or even a full-time career. There are a lot of parallels between Mioyan slavery and the American military actually, so far as lifestyle goes; how many people join the army because the idea of someone paying them to lead a highly structured life where all they have to is follow orders suits their personality perfectly? And as long as you don’t have any large debts and are pretty good about saving money you could even get rich at it.

Blastburn wrote:"18, her lot number from the Slave Market, No one knows her real name or the blood she shed in her past.
No one except Marron, her daughter, who is also on the list. *rolls eyes*

Vava wrote:Hmmm... Well, from the vague description the series gives of the Evenkuruga, my guess is that they play a role similar to tengu. Also, looking at Touka's wing-ears gives me the impression that she's got some sparrow in her. Or maybe some bird of prey. In either case, I think that Evenkuruga sound somewhat like tengu, so they'd most likely be based off of some sort of (flying) bird.
I agree to an extent (not so much about the tengu but definitely the sparrow part, I mean look at her next to Mystia Lorelei), and even found a piece of fan art that seems to support the bird connection (compare the bird’s wings with her ‘ears’).
Spoiler:
It’s just the fact that her (so far as I know, non-functional) wings grow out of her frikkin’ head that keeps throwing me. It just seems a lot more … unnatural … than your run of the mill Bakemono, I guess.

Vava wrote:Speaking of which, could you also show us what you've got for Excel, since I remember you mentioning that her pictures specifically were subpar?
And you want to see subpar pics why? LOL Trust me, you’re better off not seeing them, they’re just that awful. So awful, in fact, that I’m considering downgrading her to yellow and now that we’ve proven we can get over 1000 other girls I’m even considering downgrading her to red until and unless some decent ones become available.

Vava wrote:What kind of artist doesn't bother structuring a character's name? The same kind who makes an entire series loosely based off of one h-manga (or so I've been told, anyway)(this is also sort of how Excel Saga started, as well, actually...). I had always heard it as 'Seras Victoria,' and every source I check for reference seems to try to further cement this into my brain. I haven't seen a lot of the anime, and it's been years since I read any of the manga (so I don't know what page/volume to check for reference :<)... Oh well.
Hey, like I said I don’t really care one way or another, I was just having an OCD moment. You’re right about everyone on Earth calling her Seras Victoria though, so even if it does say Victoria Seras on her birth certificate nobody who plays the game would know that and would probably think we were mildly retarded for getting her name backwards.

Vava wrote:Anyway, good news, Al. I found another anime source for angel characters. Its called "Sora no Otoshimono" (something like "Heaven's Missing Property" according to Wiki).
So far, I've found more than enough pics to include Ikaros, but Nymph and Astrea are proving somewhat difficult.
Hrm, that sounds really familiar. Where could I have possibly heard of that before? scratch Oh wait, I know, it was here:
alasdair69 wrote:Sora no Otoshimono: Ikaros
*snork*

Blastburn wrote:Next Idea:

YES like 18 and Anko

Vava wrote:Well, yes and no. It's true that girls who cause problems and girls of exotic origin will most likely be found in the Slave Market, but that need not always be the case. Girls of exotic, inhuman races could easily use magic or bits of clothing to hide themselves and go about their business undetected, and not every girl who happens to be aggressive will have committed a crime (or get caught after committing one, for that matter).

... Now that I think about it, I'm beginning to think it might be best to wait and see how the final roster looks before assigning girls to 'Normal, Slave and Event' status since it would be easier to see the big picture and evenly distribute them accordingly. It can't hurt to throw a few girls into these categories right now, I won't argue with that, but, for the moment, we should probably focus on finishing the gap.
Which is precisely why I haven’t worried about method of acquisition yet except for a few girls here and there and a couple of special cases like the large number of losing Fighters who are going to start showing up in the Slave Market after the Grand Tournament on day 085. Take Nazrin (a mouse Bakemono from Touhou) for instance. Maybe she was down on her luck, got caught sneaking into someone’s cheese storehouse and was sentenced to the Slave Market. Or maybe she’s new in town and looking for work and since she’s got the amorous inclinations of a rodent she applied at the local Pimps ‘R Us where you can hire her. Or maybe you just found her stuck to a glue board in your kitchen one morning. The possibilities for any of the girls are pretty much endless.

Loup Garou wrote:I am sure, in final count, there will be some re-arranging girls from prostitute by choice, enslavement, and event, but I think that, for now, the people making the suggestions can choose from one of 4 options.

1. Choice
2. Captured/arrested (slaves)
3. Event (nuns, angels, etc)
4. I dunno. She could fit into any category. (the last added to give people unsure of who falls into what the option of leaving the choice to the designers).
The choice is always left to the designer(s), but the designer(s) also appreciate all input. Believe me, sorting and categorizing 1000 girls is a daunting task and is made much easier if I at least have some ideas to start with. Which actually brings to mind another point and another good reason to keep things simple and fairly non-specific. The game will have 1000 girls in it, that’s been a given for a while now. The master list currently has 1010 girls on it and will end up with a bunch more as girls are suggested to fill out the various Types. By definition, this means that there are some girls on the list, maybe a few and maybe a lot, who will not in fact appear in the final version of the game. Just keep that in mind while you guys are putting all this effort into coming up with individual stories for them all, okay?

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on November 19th 2010, 2:12 am

alasdair69 wrote:And you want to see subpar pics why? LOL Trust me, you’re better off not seeing them, they’re just that awful. So awful, in fact, that I’m considering downgrading her to yellow and now that we’ve proven we can get over 1000 other girls I’m even considering downgrading her to red until and unless some decent ones become available.

They're that bad? I kinda figured. Good to hear it officially, at least.

alasdair69 wrote:Hrm, that sounds really familiar. Where could I have possibly heard of that before? scratch Oh wait, I know, it was here:
alasdair69 wrote:Sora no Otoshimono: Ikaros
*snork*

*goes back to previous lists*

... I must be going blind or something. Maybe I've been staring at the green list for too long. -_-; *sigh* And here I thought it was a decent breakthrough... *am disappoint*

alasdair69 wrote:Which is precisely why I haven’t worried about method of acquisition yet except for a few girls here and there and a couple of special cases like the large number of losing Fighters who are going to start showing up in the Slave Market after the Grand Tournament on day 085. Take Nazrin (a mouse Bakemono from Touhou) for instance. Maybe she was down on her luck, got caught sneaking into someone’s cheese storehouse and was sentenced to the Slave Market. Or maybe she’s new in town and looking for work and since she’s got the amorous inclinations of a rodent she applied at the local Pimps ‘R Us where you can hire her. Or maybe you just found her stuck to a glue board in your kitchen one morning. The possibilities for any of the girls are pretty much endless.

A massive tournament turning up a bunch of losing Fighter characters? Huh. What else have you been thinking of including in the game's one year calendar?

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on November 19th 2010, 11:56 am

I actually like the whole fighter tournament idea, nice and changes up the gameplay,

I have a question regarding the regular girl market, i always thought it was a mix of what would be the words? want ads mixed with sports drafting, you know you say you want some girls to work for you, girls make applications they ask for some money first to sign the contract, or whatever it is. Or more like sports you know? the girl is making her self avalible and is simply waiting for the best offer. cus otherwise we have two different slave markets.

not really sure just how i all ways though of the regular market.

also i was the one who made the aerith mini story, i was browsing e.g. and i found an amusing dojin, however it suffers from the girl is inexplicitly horny for no reason, after all the title is MORAL CRISIS,

http://g.e-hentai.org/g/18047/ff34e6ada8/

rather out of character for aerith but still i found the story actually semi possible, i mean she was working to make money for her mom right? that wasnt made up as well right?

which brings me back to the top part regarding the regular market.

on a different note, is Asmodesus really Astaroth's daughter? not familar with their original series, but i find Asmo cute. (interestingly on gelbooru Asmodesus brings up umineko's Asmo not this one.)

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on November 19th 2010, 5:29 pm

To my knowledge, I don't think there are any actual canon facts to the characters of Shinra-Bansho (considering its only a card game where the card packs are sold along with chocolate-filled wafers). Almost everything about it is fanon, but there are a few elements that seem to recurr, and one of the ones I had witnessed was the portrayal of Asmodeus as Astaroth's daughter.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/474541/alfine-arioch_-shinrabanshou-arm_warmers-asmodeus_
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/610864/armor-asmodeus_-shinrabanshou-astaroth_-shinrabans
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/438630/-asmodeus_-shinrabanshou-astaroth_-shinrabanshou-b

I was just posting an idea I had stuck in my head for some time, really.

*Edit*

Lastly, is there a reason Ciel from Tsukihime isn't included on the Nun list?

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/339562/blue_eyes-blue_hair-ciel-highres-melty_blood-payot
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/243528/barefoot-blue_hair-blush-breasts-ciel-glasses-kata
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/49582/ciel-glasses-tsukihime

She is part of the Catholic Church and all, albeit as an assassin. >.>

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on November 23rd 2010, 2:07 am

so are the lists on the first page the current updated list

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou on November 23rd 2010, 5:59 am

Al is obsessive when it comes to editing, so odds are that the first page list has been modified with the most recently suggested girls. I could be wrong.... but I doubt it.

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on November 24th 2010, 3:36 am

Vava wrote:They're that bad? I kinda figured. Good to hear it officially, at least.
Eh, the glamour shot is actually really good and one of the h-pics isn’t too bad. The other two … *rolls eyes* I poked about online for a bit to see if there were any new pics of her and surprisingly there actually were, but unsurprisingly they sucked too. Not as bad as the ones I already had but still not nearly as good as I’d like. The fact that there were new pics of her though is at least mildly encouraging enough for me not to take her straight to red but I have now officially downgraded her to yellow for the time being. You know, it kinda makes me wonder what other girls I accepted as done but probably shouldn’t have … great, now I have to go through all five hundred girls on the green list one by one just to make sure. *muttermumblegrumblegripe*

Vava wrote:A massive tournament turning up a bunch of losing Fighter characters? Huh. What else have you been thinking of including in the game's one year calendar?
That’s pretty much it that affects girl acquisition. There are some holidays and festivals and the like which, along with seasonal weather variations, would cause either more or fewer customers on a given day (including one day rather late in the game when all brothels are actually closed) but overall the calendar will affect random events far more than anything else. Especially since I incorporated the concept of auspicious and inauspicious days as well.

Joshua wrote:I actually like the whole fighter tournament idea, nice and changes up the gameplay,
I took that almost whole cloth from SlaveMaker actually, coupled with the vast number of girls that were suggested from fighting games and anime. The idea is that Mardukane hosts a huge tournament and lavishes rich rewards on the winner but the losers have to spend some time as slaves afterwards. If nothing else, it provides justification for just why so many capable fighters are in the Slave Market anyway, you know? I mean, would you want to be the poor cop who had to try and arrest Ivy from Soul Calibur, Ryomou Shimei from Ikki Tousen or Android 18?

Joshua wrote:I have a question regarding the regular girl market, i always thought it was a mix of what would be the words? want ads mixed with sports drafting, you know you say you want some girls to work for you, girls make applications they ask for some money first to sign the contract, or whatever it is. Or more like sports you know? the girl is making her self avalible and is simply waiting for the best offer. cus otherwise we have two different slave markets.
Actually, it’s a lot more like a talent agency than anything. If a girl needs money for whatever reason she can go see a scout and if he thinks she has what it takes he’ll pay off the debt and add her to his ‘stable’ to work off her debt to him. When brothel owners need new girls they go to the stable masters to see who they have available and if they spot one they like they sign a contract for her services. The girl then essentially works as a subcontractor for the brothel owner, who gets the majority of the income she generates in their business while a percentage goes to the stable master against her debt and she gets to keep another percentage of it herself. Once she manages to pay off her debt to the stable master and finishes her current contract a girl is free to do as she pleases (although quite a few stay at it, at least for a while, for one reason or another) but if she isn’t careful with her spending and gets into even more debt she can be stuck there longer. Of course, the brothel owners have responsibilities to the girls as well, such as making sure they’re safe and well treated, not overworking or underpaying them, etc., and failure to fulfill those obligations gives the girl the right to cancel her contract with that particular brothel owner and go back to the stable master or even to a different brothel owner if she so chooses. In the real world, hiring new girls would require checking out several different stables all over town, but in-game it’s all been streamlined into one process that lets you see all the girls available at one go.

Joshua wrote:on a different note, is Asmodesus really Astaroth's daughter? not familar with their original series, but i find Asmo cute. (interestingly on gelbooru Asmodesus brings up umineko's Asmo not this one.)
Vava wrote:To my knowledge, I don't think there are any actual canon facts to the characters of Shinra-Bansho (considering its only a card game where the card packs are sold along with chocolate-filled wafers). Almost everything about it is fanon, but there are a few elements that seem to recurr, and one of the ones I had witnessed was the portrayal of Asmodeus as Astaroth's daughter.
*nods* Yah, that was pretty much my take on it too. At first I thought they were sisters but then I quickly figured out that most people consider them mother and daughter so I went with that too. It also explains why most of the Shinra-Bansho girls I originally had on the list got cut, because I can’t possibly find info on the characters if there’s no info to be found. The only ones I ended up keeping were the ones who filled certain niches (3 angels and 4 demons, to be exact), but even those are going to be among the first to go if we end up with plenty and some need to be pruned from the list. Except for Asmo and Asta of course, ‘cause I just plain like them. LOL

Vava wrote:Lastly, is there a reason Ciel from Tsukihime isn't included on the Nun list?
She is part of the Catholic Church and all, albeit as an assassin. >.>
For the same reason Prier from La Pucelle Tactics isn’t: so they could stay in the game. They both were on the list originally, back when I first started trying to assemble the whole ‘divine intervention’ thing, but as more and more actual Nuns started cropping up I figured the assassin and the apprentice demon hunter could go to the main list since I would have just ended up cutting them to make room for real Nuns anyway.

greatwhite wrote:so are the lists on the first page the current updated list
Loup Garou wrote:Al is obsessive when it comes to editing, so odds are that the first page list has been modified with the most recently suggested girls. I could be wrong.... but I doubt it.
That’s absolutely right, as far as it goes. I generally try to wait until I’ve got several girls to either add or move from one section to another before I edit the lists, otherwise I wouldn’t get anything done except switching colors around and it’s taking me long enough (some would say too long, and I’d be hard pressed to disagree with them) to put this game together as it is. The most recent changes, made just before I posted this, are Excel Excel from Excel Saga moving from green to yellow, Kotomi Ichinose, Kyou Fujibayashi and Tomoyo Sakagami from Clannad, Yin/Kirisi from Darker Than Black and Shizune from Naruto Shippuuden moving from black to yellow and Roll.EXE from Mega Man Battle Network being removed altogether. However, once in a very great while, something utterly unexpected comes out of left field and necessitates a larger edit.

I recently (like Friday or Saturday) learned of two things: a custom mod of v2 with more girls in it and an entirely different forum dedicated to making their own version of SimBro that I’d known nothing about with it’s own long list of suggested girls. I’ve been in the process of collating all the suggestions, along with a few of my own that I’ve been holding onto for a while now, and in the very near future I’m going to dump close to 100 more girls on the list. Most of them were ones that were already on my lists and a few of the ones who weren’t are probably lost causes (The maids from Dance in the Vampire Bund? Really? Well, good luck with that buddy. In fact, good luck finding pics of anyone from that show except Mina.), but there are actually some pretty good girls on there that somehow slipped under our radar until now, including one who qualifies for the much discussed Cat Girl Type.

*EDIT*
Almost immediately after posting this, I was finally able to get Vava’s gargantuan collection of pics to download (after trying to convince RapidShit to work and play well with others for days now). As a result, the following girls were also moved from the black to the yellow sections.

• Misaki Kureha from Divergence Eve
• Agrias Oaks from Final Fantasy Tactics
• Lisa Pacifist from Final Fantasy Unlimited
• Teletha Tessa Testarosa from Full Metal Panic!
• Aoi from GeGeGe no Kitaro
• Relena Peacecraft/Darlian from Gundam – After Colony Era (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing)
• Natarle Badgiruel and Talia Gladys from Gundam – Cosmic Era (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED/Destiny)
• Roux Luka and Sayla Mass/Artesia Som Deikun from Gundam – Universal Century (Mobile Suit Gundam/ZZ)
• South Pole One from Marine a Go Go
• Tron Bonne from Mega Man Legends
• Misato Katsuragi and Ritsuko Akagi from Neon Genesis Evangelion
• Chelsea and Emilia Percival from Phantasy Star Portable 02
• GH440, GH450, Karen Erra and Lou from Phantasy Star Universe
• Ika-Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume
• Aqua Centolm, Festenia Muse, Kaguya Nanbu, Katia Grineal, Katina Tarask, Melua Melna Meia and Neige Hausen from Super Robot Wars
• Presea Combatir and Raine [Refill] Sage from Tales of Symphonia
• Hatate Himekaidou from Touhou
• Saki Mitonoya from Vanguard Princess

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loup Garou on November 24th 2010, 2:38 pm

I went over the list and something caught my eye in the yellow section...

Snow Sakura: Rei Kisaragi

I went through the game and, dammit, the 4 customer shots I sent you were all that is available. There are other shots of her in sexual positions, but the "john" is invisible. I assume that rei customer 2 and rei customer 3 are cool, but rei customer 1 and rei customer 4 are not enough. All I can say is that is what we've got.

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on November 24th 2010, 3:35 pm

Dammit, I keep reaching over to grasp a mouse on my right side, but it isn't there. :<

Loup Garou wrote:I went over the list and something caught my eye in the yellow section...

Snow Sakura: Rei Kisaragi

I went through the game and, dammit, the 4 customer shots I sent you were all that is available. There are other shots of her in sexual positions, but the "john" is invisible. I assume that rei customer 2 and rei customer 3 are cool, but rei customer 1 and rei customer 4 are not enough. All I can say is that is what we've got.

She could also be in yellow due to not having the necessary display pictures ready, but, then again, you seem to have that covered with all of your girls, so I dunno.

Anyway...

*takes a look at the list of girls moved to yellow**double-checks third .rar collection*

Well, I'm glad that none of them ended up in red, at least. That was probably my biggest concern with that set of girls.

alasdair69 wrote:great, now I have to go through all five hundred girls on the green list one by one just to make sure. *muttermumblegrumblegripe*

Actually... it's pretty close to six-hundred if you include all the girls that Loup suggested (I had been leaving their page creation up to him since he has easy access to decent display pictures). There's 510 girls on the wiki, with 27 from the green list that I didn't (easily) find a suitable display picture for, *coughEdacough*, and, to my recollection, the only girls from Loup's collection on there, currently, are the members of the Sagara family.

alasdair69 wrote:For the same reason Prier from La Pucelle Tactics isn’t: so they could stay in the game. They both were on the list originally, back when I first started trying to assemble the whole ‘divine intervention’ thing, but as more and more actual Nuns started cropping up I figured the assassin and the apprentice demon hunter could go to the main list since I would have just ended up cutting them to make room for real Nuns anyway.

Ah. Kay. I was mostly asking because I wasn't sure if I should have used a picture of Ciel in her nun(esque) attire for her display picture on the wiki or if her school uniform was acceptable.

Anyway, my future plans include trying to get those last 27 girls from the green list onto the Wiki, searching for pictures for girls in the black list and trying to find girls that aren't even on the list in general. Speaking of which, you wouldn't happen to already have Alisa from God Eater on your list, would you, Al?

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/787937/arisa_iriinchina_amieera-blue_eyes-boots-breasts-e

Kinda sucks that we won't be getting God Eater Burst 'til some time in earlier 2011, but I've heard we're going to be getting bonus content, so the wait should be worth it.

Last edited by Vava on November 24th 2010, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot that Snow Sakura was one of Loup's)

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top