Another Attempt to Peek into the Game Model

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Attempt to Peek into the Game Model

Post  alasdair69 on May 16th 2010, 10:06 pm

Hokay, this first bit will explain why the sisters are the main characters, provide competition to make the game more challenging and give an in-game explanation for the 300-day time limit. A few things to bear in mind:

I went with the 'all the girls are from the SimBrothel world and just greatly resemble girls you may have seen elsewhere' point of view. It just made a lot more sense and offered both more flexibility and storyline options.

Benten is an actual Japanese goddess who was also used in SlaveMaker (sister game to SimBrothel and set on a parallel version of the same world) as the goddess of love, beauty, prostitutes, etc.

Ukiyo is the island that the game is set on, basically one huge red light district.

Anyway, without further ado, the Tale of Three Sisters:

“Some years ago, in a small village on the outskirts of Mioya, a humble man raised three daughters all alone and as they grew, the sisters chafed under their simple lifestyle, feeling instinctively that they were somehow meant for something bigger, something better. Eventually leaving home to search for that elusive something, they made their way to the capital city of Mardukane and ultimately to the Bridge of Hesitation, across which lay a very uncommon place that seemed to float apart from everyday life, a sensuous existence filled with textures and colors. Knowing in their hearts that they had found what they’d been looking for, they strode confidently through the Great Gate and immediately knelt at Benten’s shrine, each praying with all their might to work their way up the ranks and become the next Oiran.

“Unbeknownst to them, however, they had been more right than they knew all along about being special. The reason they had never known their mother was that she was none other than Benten herself, prone to liaisons with mortals and thus the mother of quite a few demigoddesses, and when they prayed to her she listened. Each had asked for the same thing however, and only one could be the Oiran, so she told them that she would grant them each the tools to succeed and they must decide amongst themselves which would claim the prize. Though they loved each other dearly, they each knew that the others would be strong rivals, so with determination burning in their hearts and their mother’s promises ringing in their ears they dispersed to the east, south and west wards of Ukiyo to begin proving themselves in their new careers.

“And prove themselves they did. In record time they had each built up enough of a reputation to go into business for themselves and saved enough gold to purchase a small building to operate out of. It is now just under a year before the next Dream Parade, the huge festival where, upon the retirement of the Oiran, the title is awarded to the one among the ward leaders who has shown herself to be the foremost, and the sisters need your help.”

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Attempt to Peek into the Game Model

Post  Joshua on May 17th 2010, 4:38 pm

hmm well it seems to work, but what about benten? is she gonna be her own person with pics or just ignore for now?

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fred u derf on May 26th 2010, 6:13 pm

a few probably very stupid questions:

a) is the game player expected to select one of the sisters to operate and the software (e.g. an "AI") will operate the other two?

b) is there a fourth, northern ward? if so is there a ward leader there, perhaps another "AI"

c) i think i have read elsewhere that there will be 9 classes of buildings and 25 instances. is that 25 per ward (for 75 per game or 100 if the north ward exists) or just 25 per game --- trying to get a handle on the size of the city layout.

thankx

fred u derf
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on May 27th 2010, 7:56 pm

fred u derf wrote:a) is the game player expected to select one of the sisters to operate and the software (e.g. an "AI") will operate the other two?
That is correct. In essence, there will need to be two 'levels' I suppose of AI: several minor ones (the rank and file competing brothels) that are just trying to keep their individual business afloat and a few major ones (the other sisters) that are trying to run and expand a brothel conglomerate just like the player is.

fred u derf wrote:b) is there a fourth, northern ward? if so is there a ward leader there, perhaps another "AI"
That, my friend, is one of the two biggest and most likely to be controversial additions that I've made to the game. I'll be sharing the specifics of this and a whole lot more in a few days (see my response to Vava in the Suggesting Girls topic) but I can say right now that yes, there is a northern ward and yes, there is another ward leader there. Is that cryptic enough for you? LOL

fred u derf wrote:c) i think i have read elsewhere that there will be 9 classes of buildings and 25 instances. is that 25 per ward (for 75 per game or 100 if the north ward exists) or just 25 per game --- trying to get a handle on the size of the city layout.
Once again details are forthcoming but yeah, that's 25 individual buildings of 9 distinct types in each of 4 wards, for a total of 100 courtesan-class brothels all together. I say courtesan-class because it doesn't count the hundreds of smaller and/or less reputable dens of iniquity that the nighthawks (about 60% of the working girls on Ukiyo Island are rank-less street corner hookers) operate out of since neither they nor the huge infrastructure that's built up to support them all have any real bearing on the game whatsoever. There are a couple of other buildings that should be noted though. There's a huge Grand Palace in the very center of the island that's the biggest and best brothel in the city and where the Oiran herself operates from (which is where everyone's trying to eventually end up) and several instances of pre-existing building types that serve as each player's/AI's/goddess' personal residences as she moves up in the world. No business will be conducted at the residences though, as their only real purpose is for her to be able to stick all kinds of swanky furnishings in them to show how upscale she's becoming, a key element in rising in rank as a businesswoman in the Floating World.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top