lucy

Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mars Needs Women

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 9:18 pm

alasdair69 wrote:
And then, once the applause dies down, he gets two, count 'em, two big Forehead Pokes of Doom (tm) for Madoka Amano. One because I distinctly said we were not accepting new girls at the present time and the other because at 12 years old she is ineligible for inclusion in the first place. Embarassed

o sorry about that,
i thought she was the one on the list so i just went with it

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 9:31 pm

fairy tail
Juvia Loxar, some might need some work
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 9:42 pm

Fire Emblem - Hasha no Tsurugi (manga): Jemmie
could only find 1
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 9:48 pm

Fresh Pretty Cure!: Inori ‘Cure Pine’ Yamabuki
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 9:53 pm

Fresh Pretty Cure!:Love ‘Cure Peach/Angel’ Momozono
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 9:59 pm

Fresh Pretty Cure!: Miki ‘Cure Berry’ Aono
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 10:20 pm

Full Metal Panic
Melissa Mao
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 10:25 pm

hack-G.U.: Alkaid (Chika Kuramoto)
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 10:31 pm

hack-roots:Tabby
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 22nd 2011, 10:38 pm

hack-sign: Mimiru
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 23rd 2011, 8:58 pm

Haunting Ground: Daniella
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 23rd 2011, 9:06 pm

Hayate the Combat Butler: Maria
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 23rd 2011, 9:15 pm

Hellsing: Catherine ‘Rip’ van Winkle
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 23rd 2011, 9:28 pm

Ikki Tousen: Chouhi Ekitoku
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on February 23rd 2011, 10:16 pm

K-On: Azusa Nakano
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on March 3rd 2011, 10:44 pm

Kanon: Ayu Tsukimiya
Spoiler:

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on March 6th 2011, 5:18 pm

Hullo all, sorry for being on silent running for so long but I've actually been quite busy trying to sort out the mess that the master lists had become. I've finally finished fixing all the errors and omissions (taking off the girls who shouldn't have been on there and adding in all the ones who should have been, to say nothing of making sure all the names for the sources and individual girls are listed properly and everyone is coded the same color on all the cross-referenced lists) so now all I need to do is sort through the last of the Yellow and Green girls to see who should be in the revamped Green and new Olive lists. I've still got several hundred folders to go through but since all I'm really doing is checking the h-pics to determine whether or not each girl has at least the bare minimum required, I'm hoping that means I'm almost done. *snork*

Of course, even after I'm done with the lists I plan to start working in earnest on the game model again (something that I've wanted to do for a long time now but been too busy sorting and organizing literally hundreds of new girls who got added in large chunks in rapid succession, then fixing all the mistakes I made by being in too big a hurry and screwing things up) but even then I should be much more available. If nothing else, I'll probably be popping up frequently to get everyone's opinions on various things before I implement them into the game model so yeah, I'll be around a lot more. LOL

Anyway, please bear with me just a little (relatively speaking, anyway) longer and then things should start picking back up again, k?

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on March 21st 2011, 4:54 pm

ah ok im still here, for what its worth. i just got back from vacation.

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on March 22nd 2011, 1:51 am

Joshua wrote:ah ok im still here, for what its worth. i just got back from vacation.
It's worth a lot brother, believe me. I know things tend to dry up whenever I go on silent running but come on, no posts for over two weeks? Of course I'm just as guilty as anyone else, especially since the sorting is taking me a lot longer than I'd like (mostly because I sort of hit brainlock on it and had to stop for a while and do something mindless), but I'm starting to get worried I won't have a team left when I finish. Crying or Very sad

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatwhite on March 22nd 2011, 2:32 pm

im still here too
i just got back from spring break, im still trying to catch up with everything else, but im still here

greatwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vava on March 22nd 2011, 7:57 pm

I'm still here. Actually, I've been trying to put together another image package or two (consisting of updates to girls I've previously submitted images of and trying to gather material on the girls currently in the Blue list) while awaiting that update, but one thing keeps interfering: my weekly separation from an internet connection that lasts an average of three days :/. I can't say I've been satisfied with the results I'm getting for the series that I had not fully covered, before, but I might as well keep at it for the time being.

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on March 22nd 2011, 11:22 pm

Well, I feel a little better now at least. Two were on vacation and two were silently toiling away on their own SimBro related stuff so at least everybody hasn't decided this ship is sinking and abandoned it. Not that I could have really blamed anyone if they did though, since I got so engrossed in what I was doing I didn't take the time to assure everyone that yes, I was still working on things myself. I'll try not to make that mistake in future.

As for how things are going with the lists, I'd have to say 'slowly', but they are going. I've still got about 200 folders to go through, which seems like a lot (and it is) but considering that I started with over 1200 progress is definitely being made. And for those keeping score at home, yes that means over 1200 Green and Yellow girls, not counting the approximately 500 Blue, Red and Black ones. All things considered, this has given me the best chance to date to get a bird's eye view of our entire cast of characters and from this I've learned several things:

1) I can only skim through about half a dozen or so folders before my OCD kicks in and I have to start looking at every single pic and deciding on the three best ones thus far. This, coupled with the fact that I can only do anywhere from 50 to 100 or thereabouts (depending on the day I've had) before my eyes start crossing and I have to go watch TV or play a game or something really makes for slow going.

2) I would say that my standards for what constituted an acceptable pic were a lot lower when I assembled most of the Green girls but looking through some of the folders I'm not entirely sure I even had standards. (Thinking about my ex-wife removes all doubt, but that's a whooooooooooole 'nother story. *snork*) To be fair, I know a lot more about most of these characters now than I did then, but that's really no excuse for some of the craptastic pics I included in the first few batches.

3) I don't know if I can blame my OCD for this one or not, but I have to keep reminding myself that just because I don't like a particular art style does not preclude pics in that style from being acceptable. This game isn't just for me, it's for everyone.

4) Soon enough we're going to have to figure out a way to tell at a glance whether or not a Blue girl (no, not LA Blue Girl LOL) is ready to go. In other words, if she hadn't already been in the game would she be on the Green or Yellow lists. I really don't want to have to complicate matters with still more colors if I can help it.

5) The addition of the Ah My Buddha girls (who, with the exception of Chitose, I had managed to completely miss adding to the lists) has forced me to rethink something. They're Buddhist nuns but they don't really fit the visual trend we're going for with the Nun 'divine intervention' Type and they're most assuredly not Shrine Maidens either. To avoid complicating matters with the addition of another Type just for them (and Ichirin Kumoi, who I've removed from the Nun list as well) I've decided to toss Shrine Maidens, Buddhist nuns and the various D&D-style cleric-types from Fire Emblem and a few other places into one catch-all Type. The thing is, I have no idea what to call it; some terms I've considered, none of which I'm entirely pleased with, are Cleric, Priestess, Clergy, Sister and Monastic. Monastic probably comes the closest to fitting all three groups but I'm still not completely satisfied with it. What do you guys think?

Welp, that's about all the news that's fit to print right now. I'll do my best to get those last 200 girls sorted out as quickly as possible and I'll try to remember to post the occasional update so everyone knows I haven't abandoned the project or anything. Smile

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on March 23rd 2011, 9:02 pm

Holy maidens? iv no idea, are they part fo the religion in the world or no?

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on March 25th 2011, 8:11 pm

Joshua wrote:Holy maidens? iv no idea, are they part fo the religion in the world or no?
Yes they are, although exactly how Catholic nuns, Buddhist nuns, Shinto mikos and D&D-style clerics (which are loosely based on the Crusaders) all fit together in the same religious smorgasbord is anyone's guess. Way back when all we had to deal with were the Catholic nuns and Shinto mikos, Vava postulated the following, which made a lot of sense and worked fine for me:

"Thinking back to SlaveMaker, here's how I see it. The nuns take care of human interactions; public relations, confession, conversion. Anything that involves person-to-person activity would be their specialty. Shrine maidens, on the other hand, deal with issues that have spirits, youkai, and other such entities involved, most notably exorcisms. It is their sworn duty to ensure that the spirits of the dead are laid to rest, that the spirits in the world around her are at ease and that the shrine she lives her life under does not fall into disrepair or decay (custodian duties, donation box, etc.)."

After considering the Ah My Buddha girls for a while and doing some Wiki research on religion in Japan (where pretty much everyone observes both Shinto and Buddhism, I found this rather interesting tidbit:

"Due to the syncretic nature of Shinto and Buddhism, most 'life' events are handled by Shinto and 'death' or 'afterlife' events are handled by Buddhism. For example, it is typical in Japan to register or celebrate a birth at a Shinto shrine, while funeral arrangements are generally dictated by Buddhist tradition."

That would actually work too if we make a distinction for 'spirits' (and by extension 'exorcisms', etc.) between natural spiritual entities and the lingering souls of the deceased. As for the Clerics, one RPG guide described them thus:

"Priests and Priestesses are clerics militant, crusaders advancing the cause of righteousness with arms, armor, and arts thaumaturgic. Their ability to commune with deities via prayer occasionally extricates them from peril, but can also put them in it."

Which, I suppose, would make them the ones to take up arms and go out to defend the faith/defeat the heathen, etc. So basically we have the 'Public Relations and Human Resources' department', the 'All Things Pertaining To This World' department, the 'All Things Pertaining To The Next World' department and the 'My God Has A Bigger Dick Than Your God' department. *snork*

Now, how much of this is going to have an impact on gameplay, you ask? Pretty much none of it to be honest, it's all background info to help explain why we have so many different kinds of 'Holy Hotties' in a world that only has two (admittedly polytheistic) religions to choose from.

And I still have no idea what to call the associated Type. Rolling Eyes

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top