Idea List:

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Idea List:

Post  Blastburn on December 3rd 2009, 11:27 pm

it only seems right that i create a list of ideas that are floating in my head for over here.

1) "Street Gang"
Spoiler:
Okay, you know how occasionally it used to say "the small house was sacked by hoodlums..." well what if we pulled a page from "Boyish Sim Date". The Leader of the Gang, for sake of argument we'll say Jessie from Pokemon, she attacks one of your buildings and as a random event you might be able to catch her in the act which would mean a "Fight" ensues. If (and when) she looses she is forced by you to pay for her deeds as a slave inside your brothel. (her upkeep price is low (as she is a slave) but so are her stats until you build them up)

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Idea List:

Post  Joshua on December 4th 2009, 10:45 pm

im sorry but i have to be an ass, (for the sake of details)

so how would you recomend the 'fight' happens? would it use the mains girls constitution as strength? the girls in general? and how would we determin how jessie wins? what would her stats be? and would it be a one time thing? a gold based thing? once in every three gange attacks? a randome 50% chance every gange attack?

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raed on December 5th 2009, 1:38 am

I'm not 100% sure on how fighting would be implemented, but other than that, this idea looks good.

I see it happening as having a 3-4 different gang girls and they rarely appear, every other gang attack is from guys. Have someone like Larxene from KHII with the organization back her up, or Nami with pirates backing her up. (Blastburn's idea on AIM. =])

Raed
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alasdair69 on December 5th 2009, 6:23 am

Actually, this dovetails nicely with and adds a really neat spin on an idea I've been playing around with myself. I'm just getting ready to leave for work right now but I'm off the next couple of days so hopefully I'll be able to post in more detail later.

alasdair69
Story Writer
Story Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 6th 2009, 10:56 pm

as for how the fights would work im not sure...
the most obvious way would be to go with over-all constitution against the gangs constitution, which would give more point to building thier constitution rather than it just being so you get more money...

Edit2:
i had an idea to re:design the character cards... (yes. i know. AGAIN) but it A. gets out of Sepia. AND it gives 2 images of the character!

yes. this is a rough draft of the card. (doesnt say Sim Brothel for example... but still.)

Last edited by Blastburn on December 7th 2009, 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding to it)

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raed on December 7th 2009, 8:04 am

Rounded edges has always been a preference of mine, I think it makes the card look smoother.

The oval-like box at the top of the card looks like it's being cut off from being too high. And something about the exterior color that I'll have to type later due to a lack of time.

I really like the idea for the interior, but I'm not sure how that would contrast with other cards. It works really well with Konata, but maybe it's just that image? I'd like one more example image, if it doesn't bother you too much.

Raed
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 7th 2009, 9:57 am

You mean something like this?

as for the exterior "stone" finish im not sold on it yet... i like it but im not sure...

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raed on December 7th 2009, 4:25 pm

Maybe something more like this but.. better:
Spoiler:

Rounded corners and a less spaced name, or maybe make the name like the Sim Brothel thing at the bottom.

And I'm not really a fan of the stone pattern.. It just doesn't seem to fit. I wasn't sure about the coloring in the background, the art Konata had made it work, but I wasn't sure about others, it seems to work fine though.

Raed
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 7th 2009, 11:15 pm

How are These?

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on December 8th 2009, 6:30 pm

very nice blast burn, on small thing on konata and urd part of their names are not visible (the D in urd and part of the T in konata) not sure if this is purposfull or not though.

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 8th 2009, 7:47 pm

Okay so i have another idea. but yeah. i am gonna try to fix the whole lettering thing... i thought i liked the invisi-letters.

Letter Fix:

New "Hi-tech" Design Razz (Based of some old card game cards i had)

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on December 8th 2009, 8:00 pm

lol sorry about being pick about the letters, im just wasnt sure if you were aware, but interesting, maybe you could for example have the regular market girls one style, the slave another jokers a third and maybe the high tech for the three main ones?

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 9th 2009, 1:04 pm

BRAIN BLAST!

ok i have something better for the hi-tech or maybe create a third type.
but if we steal the "naked for a day" function from Slave Maker we should have a card be the character but nude. it seems like a fun little idea... what do you think?

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raed on December 9th 2009, 3:35 pm

Hmm, On the star cards, would you mind rounding the corners on the name and SB boxes? And I'm partial to the watermarked colors, would it be possible to just move all the names to the top-right corner, like Chii's?

As for the idea, I'm not sure the use for the naked for a day, but if that, for some reason, were implemented, then I can see the nude cards being very practical.

Raed
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 9th 2009, 6:49 pm

So You are saying:
- Water Mark: top right corner and have no black-edge to make it stand out.
- Round edges of the SB and Name Plates

Right?

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on December 9th 2009, 7:01 pm

^ sounds like thats what he wants,

on a side note how long dose it take you to make one of these?

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raed on December 9th 2009, 7:06 pm

Once you have all the layers set up, all you have to do is switch in and out images, so they layout could take some time, but changing it for each girl shouldn't take too long. The only thing is that once you get upward 200 people, they take forever, just because of sheer number.

Raed
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on December 9th 2009, 7:35 pm

yea i figured as much (no offense) but i ment how much time dose he spend creating each layout like the hi-tech and stuff.

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 9th 2009, 8:44 pm

no offence taken at all. actually the layouts take be anywhere from an hour or 2 hours to manipulate all the layers to get them the way i like. in theory if i had a whole day to come up with layouts i could probably come up with quite a few to show and let you all choose.

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on December 9th 2009, 9:09 pm

wow that makes me appreachate you so much more, but i dont think that would be necessary IMO xD

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 9th 2009, 9:19 pm

As soon as Alasdair and i go over the girls list we'll be all set as far as that goes. (unfortunately were pretty much starting frm the ground up) we'll see what all we get accomplished. but assuming we're leaning towards his model of the game we're gonna have a TON of girls. (assuming we put in HALF of those suggested to add we'll have a ton too. XD)

Had the Idea to add Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop as a "specially Obtained" character. thoughts?

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  palatyi on December 10th 2009, 11:16 am

Just an idea, but why not add the frame image to the portrait image within the game layout, instead of in photoshop? That way:

1. You spend a little coder work to save a lot of artist work.

2. You can change/update/tweak frames easily at any time.

3. You get some file size reduction by only having to store the frame image once, instead of duplicating it 300+ times.

palatyi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 10th 2009, 2:22 pm

I'm sure thats one way of doing it however i can honestly say i dont mind doing the cards.

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blastburn on December 14th 2009, 11:21 am

but um hey. what would you guys like to see in the "After Day" review images? should they be basic. should they match... tell me what you think.

Blastburn
Artist
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on December 14th 2009, 5:17 pm

not sure what you mean by after image, like when everything is done for the day but befour you start mannaging again? dunno maybe something to do witht the starting goddess? like if you lose money shes sad, if you made some (like a 10% increase in gold or something) kinda normal and more then that happy, and i guess the back ground should reflect that. or maybe angry is when people refused too much.

Joshua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top